[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My background check delayed, no fun today

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: thorpe.jpg (143KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
thorpe.jpg
143KB, 1200x800px
So my background check is delayed. I saw a lot of people at the 4 fun shops I was at today so I don't know if it was a logjam of requests or if I am going to be denied. I have no criminal history but I do have a common name, although I put down my SS # because I knew there had to be another by my name that is a shitbird.

I am pissed because I wanted to shoot my new toy today.

Anybody else have their check delayed and how long does this take? Are they going to deny me? Why me?

Pic not related.
>>
>>31912940
If you have no felonies or violent misdemeanors etc you'll be fine. Its somewhat common to be delayed if you have a very common name ie: "John Smith". I work part time at a large shop in Indiana and it happens pretty often. Currently we're seeing delays come back in 48+ hrs. They'll call you and you'll resign your form and be on your way. Don't sweat it, it's just inconvenient.
>>
>>31912940
I get delayed all the time. I believe the gubmint has to deny you within 72 hours or the FFL can hand over the firearm. I've had them approve me in 2 days, and I've had them let the time run out on me.
>>
>>31913154
>>31913154
What shop are you at>?
Indiana fag here
>>
>>31913194
Me again, just googled it. Turns out its a 4 business day window.
https://www.fbi.gov/services/cjis/nics/a-nics-delay

Looks like you can pick it up at the latest on Thursday.
>>
>>31912940
I've been at 3 gun stores the past few days they said they have been selling a lot of guns, not so many mags and stuff.

It's probably a lot of people buying guns because the election
>>
>have an incredibly uncommon name
>No delays ever

Feels good, though having an Italian name in the south makes everyone think I'm a spic even though I have that blond/blue/6+ft look going on.
>>
File: -1352209888690.gif (620KB, 250x190px) Image search: [Google]
-1352209888690.gif
620KB, 250x190px
>>31912940
> Anybody else have their check delayed and how long does this take?

Got delayed once years back buying a Yugo Mauser from Dunham’s Sporting Goods.

Went back the next day and had the kid running it again and it went thru no problem.

> I saw a lot of people at the 4 fun shops I was at today so I don't know if it was a logjam of requests

Entire article at:
http://www.ammoland.com/2016/11/gun-sales-record-october-2016-nics-breaks-last-record-400000/#axzz4PCYZ535d

Arizona – -(Ammoland.com)-October, 2016 continued the record breaking pace to become the year with the most gun sales ever. The 2016 NICS checks are far ahead of those for 2015, the previous record holder. In October 2016 there were 2,333,539 National Instant Checks done. In 2015, the NICS done in October were 1,976,759.

In 2015, the total NICS checks for the year were 23,141,970 . In 2016, through October, they were 22,206,233. That is less than 1 million below the total for 2015, with the two biggest months in 2016 yet to happen. Last year there were 17,584,346 by the end of October.

The numbers are 26.3% ahead of where 2015 was at this time. If this pace continues, 2016 will end up with 29.2 million background checks for the year.

Given the NICS numbers, there will probably be 17 to 18 million guns added to the private stock in 2016. That would increase the total number to 405 – 406 million private firearms in the United States.

The private firearm stock in the United States will have increased by nearly 100 million firearms, or 30%, during the two terms of the Barack Obama presidency.

Carry permits are burgeoning, approaching 15 million and more. Gun ownership among women and minorities is at an all time high.

Over 37% of the private firearms stock will be less than 18 years old.
>>
>>31912940
Got delayed just a week ago. Delay started on a Saturday, and I was cleared by default on Wednesday. Picked up fun on Friday.
>>
Thanks for the replies. I guess I am not the only one. Just sucks because I have no free time for 2 weeks until I can hit the range.
>>
>>31912940
My bc wa regularly delayed for 3 days while I was a green card holder. Now that I've become a citizen approval is instantaneous. Feels so fucking good,fuck Europe by the way
>>
Bemp
>>
>Just became hasguns 6 months ago
>already spent tons of money on first 3 guns, mostly AR parts because my first upper was garbage, now have a garbage AR upper layong around collecting dust
>didnt want to spend more
>feel like I should get something because of panic buying

Dont want to be the sucker left holding the bag but dunno what I should get. Have a few AR lowers already, have a somewhat okay ammo stockpile.
>>
>>31912940
>current year
>having a common name
>not legally changing it to Crazy-Horse McThundercock

Sounds to me like you got what was coming to you
>>
>>31919876
Sounds like you need a handgun
>>
>>31919876
Make that okay ammo supply a solid one.
>>
>>31915256
I coukd watch that gif for hours
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.