[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Looking to buy rifle chambered in 30-06

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 30-06-Springfield[1].jpg (178KB, 600x397px) Image search: [Google]
30-06-Springfield[1].jpg
178KB, 600x397px
/k/ which rifle should i get? Answer in this format.
Make
Model
New/Used
Reasons
>>
>>31911669
Garand

/thread
>>
>>31911677
>>
>>31911669
>inb4 AR-15
>>
File: Steyr-Pro-Hunter-Rifles.jpg (68KB, 1138x300px) Image search: [Google]
Steyr-Pro-Hunter-Rifles.jpg
68KB, 1138x300px
>>31911669
Steyr Pro Hunter. Its one hell of a rifle for $700.
>>
>>31911669
M1 Garand. Various different Mausers if you're poor or want a bolt-action.
>>
>>31911677
>>
>>31911669
Just build you own ar duh

Really though get a Garand in good shape. Good shooters if they have good barrels. Very good looking imo and the model and maybe your specific rifle will be full of history. Get a ported gasplug to fire most/any commercial ammo.
>>
>>31911669
1903 Springfield
Garand
>considering anything else
>muh scope

if you can't hit with irons, you can't hit
>>
>>31911669
1. 98 action Mausers
2. Interarms Mk X/Remington 798/Zastava M70
3. first two used, last new- they're all made on the same tooling
4. Mauser action is strong and reliable, these are among the cheapest Mauser actioned rifles out there. They come with irons as backups for your scope, or just for fun shooting with irons. I have a Zastava M70 in .30-06 and it works well for me.

Alternatively, Cz 550.
>>
>>31911677
>>
>>31911669
any company that makes hunting rifles is going to have a 30-06
>go to your lgs
>fingerfuck a few
>swallow your pride and ask a fudd because muh dur gun
savage makes nice guns if you're on a budget, weatherby/howa are fairly reliable while being budget-friendly
>>
Alot and i mean ALOT of my youth grew up on a winchester model 70 30-06. Gotta say, its not sexy, its not tacti-COOl, and it wont win style points but god damn it is a reliable fucking tac driver. I love that thing and still take it out every season. Also if the wood stocks to fudd for you they do make black polymer, just cost a little extra. It is a beautiful rifle though, seriously i recommend it.
>>
>>31914186
I have a 70 Featherweight in 300WM and I wouldn't part with it, does everything a good bolt action should, mine was made after the FN takeover and is solid as shit, shoots sub MOA and I mean cmon its a mauser style action with controlled feed and as reliable a safety design as you can get.

But hey OP seriously make a shortlist and go around to a few places and check them out for fit and finish, follow you gut on what feels goood and dont get distracted by the salesman bullshit, I wanted a magnum and the faggot behind the counter was trying to tell me that a 7mm-08 was better, guess what he only had the 7mm-08 in stock.
And don't underestimate my comment on the finish of the rifle, on moderately priced or cheaper guns some just leave the factory better than others, you want these.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.