[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does the Norinco ban outright ban all Norinco products after

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

File: Type 97.jpg (69KB, 1200x543px) Image search: [Google]
Type 97.jpg
69KB, 1200x543px
Does the Norinco ban outright ban all Norinco products after the ban went into effect from being imported, even privately from another country? Or does it just affect direct importation by Norinco into the US market?
>>
>>31905822
>Or does it just affect direct importation by Norinco into the US market?
this
the only norinco being imported to the us currently would be iac shotguns
>>
>>31905840
So theoretically you could buy a Norinco product in Canada and bring it into the United States? Or would that violate the ban somehow?
>>
>>31905883
If this is legal I should set up as an importer and just buy dozens of Type 97s in BC to sell here.
>>
>>31905942
That's precisely why I figured it was illegal, if it was really that simple there would be dozens of importers making a killing already.
>>
>>31905883
the shotguns were overlooked by the ban its a loophole
>>
>>31905978
They even hit the shotguns with a whole new ban in the Bush administration, didn't they?
>>
>>31905822
I was trying to get a part from Canada and I got so paranoid I actually called the ATF and asked if it was legal. From what I was told its only major parts/complete guns that cant be imported. Shit like sights and stock sets can come in all they want. I mean fuck look at the amount of Chinese shit on the market here anyway. Side note Stock Sets only count as one whole part according to the ATF
>>
>>31905978
It seems someone should export them as "shotguns" with unrifled barrels.

If strictly necessary, invesnt a .20 caliber shotshell to go with it.

Then finish the rifling stateside.
>>
>>31906033
Really? Could Canadians theoretically make Norinco parts kits for us? Or would that include the definition of major parts(barrels, receivers)?

If major parts just means the lower receiver like with most guns then a hefty chunk of the rifle could be imported with no problem.
>>
>>31906069
That would be major parts. Plus its not like anyone here is making Type 97 receivers ready for parts kits.
>>
Why are Norincos banned in the first place?
>>
>>31906136
The 86 Import Bans
>>
>>31906136
US thought they were helping the Iranians with their nuclear program, in turn they banned their guns from being sold into the US.

For some reason I felt like there would've been much more effective means of sanctioning them since now everything BUT our guns are made in China.
>>
>>31906157
>>31906143
You are both wrong.

The reason that Norinco products are banned was because in 1996 they were caught bringing in a cargo plane full of automatic weapons to sell to Oakland gangs.

This was combined with numerous issues with receivers having axis pin holes, imported shipments disappearing and general Chinese chicanery. It was inevitable and also coincided with the ban on steel core 7.62x39 which was almost a direct rebuke towards Norinco dumping 7.62x39 on the market.
>>
>>31906143
Thanks, Reagan.
>>
>>31906189
Norinco was crippled by the ban in 1993 that limited them to only being able to sell sporting shotguns and ammunition and then got the full axe in 2003 that even banned that.

While I don't doubt that shady chinese were doing shady chinese things, that doesn't seem to have anything to do with the ban.
>>
>>31906200
Didn't Reagan grant amnesty to a ton of immigrants hoping they would vote Republican as a result?

Look how well that worked out for him.

>mfw Reagan is considered a "perfect" Republican.
>>
>>31906157
>>31906189

Wasn't there another part to it though? Weren't they also caught offering shoulder mounted rocket launchers to gangs or something?
>>
>>31905822
Norinco is still allowed to import sporting shotguns and shotgun ammunition as long as it isn't branded as 'Norinco'. the Hawk 982 is made by Norinco but Interstate Arms has to call it 'Hawk' to avoid the name ban.
>>
>>31905822
yes there is a complete ban on all chinese firearms with the exception of shotguns and shotgun ammo.

the year prior norinco was caught trying to bring in illegal weapons through kengs firearm specialties and sell them to gangs in atlanta.
>>
>>31906361
A lot of chinese triads and other gangs were doing that, especially in California(look into the ironic case of Leland Yee) but I don't think that Norinco themselves were directly involved.

It would make sense for Norinco to be smuggling after they were banned, but I don't understand why they would be doing it before when their guns sold legally just fine. It would be an unnecessary risk and they already dominated the market at the time. I'd reckon a lot of the speculation that Norinco was running guns to gangs came from Clinton era scare rhetoric to justify the assault weapon's ban.
>>
>>31906401
No it literaly happened see >>31906399
>>
>>31905822
Norinco shotguns are ok to be imported
>>
File: 8bfcdacbgw1f9ca1y6nhuj22io1w0b29.jpg (182KB, 2000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
8bfcdacbgw1f9ca1y6nhuj22io1w0b29.jpg
182KB, 2000x1500px
too bad, I would have liked their NAR-series of rifles.
>>
Fully banned.
I'm a canuck looking into moving to the states if Trump wins. Was told I cannot bring my norc guns or my SVT40. Life is suffering. At least I can buy an FAL or a G3 to replace them. Worth it.
>>
>>31906256
IIRC he reluctantly *conceded* to amnesty in return for the Democrats' promise that stricter enforcement would follow, as part of what he thought would be a compromise.

>in return
>for the Democrats' promise
>Democrats'
>promise

So, not as direct/blatant a fuckup, but still something a blind man should have seen coming.
>>
>>31909093
>Was told I cannot bring my norc guns or my SVT40.
And you don't know of ANY passages across the world's largest unpatrolled border, no lakes that sit on the line, no back-country roads behind a neighborhood?
>>
File: juliantremblay.png (325KB, 400x600px) Image search: [Google]
juliantremblay.png
325KB, 400x600px
>>31909953
it's confirmed RCMP lurks /k/
>>
File: Canadian_Imperialism.jpg (65KB, 480x621px) Image search: [Google]
Canadian_Imperialism.jpg
65KB, 480x621px
>>31909953
Nice try, Mr. Mountie. You almost got me.
>>
>>31908613
Looks pretty good. I guess third worlders will now finally be able to access better ergonomics and modularity. Although it's a shame that they didn't make the top rail in one piece going all the way over the handguard, and that the pistol grip isn't detachable. The lower is probably molded plastic, right?
>>
>>31906200
I thought all chinese weapon imports ended in the 90's though? My dad bought his MAK 90 back in '92 brand new and I want to say like 2 or three years later was when the door closed on Chinese imports
>>
>>31905822

Go on gunbroker and look up an SVT 40 or Russian SKS. Everyone happens to be a "bringback" that was smuggled in from canada.
>>
>>31909093
What? They won't let you bring firearms over here? Why not?
>>
>mak90s will never be cheap as dirt ever again

Why live :(
>>
>>31905999

Yes, but Norinco created another subsidiary/company to sell these shotguns, so it's legal. Hawk is also Norinco.
>>
>>31906189
Aren't you forgetting our glorious members of congress acting as go-betweens?
>>
>>31905942
The act of moving a firearm across the boarder for sale is illegal. Once it is in the States it is here. That's why you see a few Tariq pistols or a few really funny Russian handguns floating around in the United States for sale.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVs-OQYucRo
So if you have a Canadian bro you can get cheap sks and svt-40 rifles if you're willing to risk prison for it.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.