[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Noguns First Purchase

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 7

File: mossberg-500-tactical.jpg (528KB, 1200x385px) Image search: [Google]
mossberg-500-tactical.jpg
528KB, 1200x385px
Okay, I'm going to buy either a Mossberg Maverick 88 or a H&R Pardner Protector. I was looking at them both at the fun store and the Protector definitely seemed like a much more solid gun, although it's almost too heavy, and I don't like the thought of buying chinese made. On the other hand, the Maverick is lighter, being made of aluminum, and I'm a firm believer in the idea that the weight savings of aluminum make up for its marginal deficit in strength vs steel. I've read that the design of the Maverick/M500 has some better features like a dual extractor and being easier to load.

So, what should it be? I'm a southpaw, by the way.
>>
3 questions:

1) Why are you buying the gun?
2) What are you really planning on using it for?
3) Are you able to actually go practice with it?

These aren't "huur why you need gun?" questions. Really.

Are you buying it because you want to start a collection, just like guns, or no particular reason beyond wanting one? Are you using it for home defense, hunting, sport shooting, 3 gun, a combination? Do you have a range or public ground near enough to get regular practice in and can you afford to feed it?
>>
File: 1378193714022.jpg (301KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1378193714022.jpg
301KB, 1600x1200px
>>31904057
Get a rifle or a pistol as your first firearm anon.

meme aside get a SKS or a Glock 19
AK even a M&P15:

im also lefthanded and you learn to work around it.
also AK are great for lefthanders imo but so are ambi AR's

shotguns are pretty boring even tho they are cheap
>>
File: 1477078751728.png (517KB, 594x1728px) Image search: [Google]
1477078751728.png
517KB, 594x1728px
>>31904057
Maverick 88 has a much wider aftermarket
>>
If you're really fully new to firearms I'd say just get a 10/22 and a bucket of ammo and learn to shoot that. Or a bone stock, basic as fuck AR-15 and learn to shoot that.

If you want to go with a pistol get a glock 19.
>>
>>31904127
>>31904172
This is a shotgun intended almost solely for home defense. There's a range not too far from where I live that doesn't require membership. and is fairly cheap.

For now I have no interest in starting a gun collection. I'm a poorfag just out of college and I'm looking for a cheap (under 200 if possible), reliable weapon with good stopping power that doesn't overpenetrate. I don't intend on dealing with New York State's ridiculous concealed carry laws either, as it would cost more than the shotgun. For these reasons I've decided that a 12 gauge shotgun is a much more logical choice than a rifle or pistol.
>>
>>31904057
You realize that you could buy a shotgun of much higher quality than either of those via the secondhand market, right?

Depending on what part of the country you live in, there are potentially tons of old 870 Wingmasters and Ithaca Model 37s that you can get in the $325 +/- $25 range.
>>
>>31904057
If I were you, I'd go with the Maverick, the Pardner is absurdly heavy for what it is, I personally have a Maverick and I have a friend who has a Pardner, even though I have a 28 inch barrel verses his 18.5 the Pardner still feels significantly heavier when fully loaded.

Both of us have yet to have any issues with either of the guns though, and we take them camping/etc. so it's not as if they are only used at the range. I've probably put over 700 rounds through mine, ( the Pardner has seen significantly less), but either is a reasonably solid choice, I would lean towards the Maverick
>>
>>31904275
If you're worried about overpenetration, you really should not be buying a shotgun unless you plan on loading it with birdshot.

Also, you are better off saving your money a little longer than getting a sub-$200 gun. Unless you luck out massively and end up buying something from a clueless old lady whose husband just died, any gun in that price range is going to be quite terrible.
>>
File: 1476197966622.jpg (19KB, 448x337px) Image search: [Google]
1476197966622.jpg
19KB, 448x337px
>>31904057
So today I bent the tip of my cockdick my HARD rock HARD cockdick. I have a purple balloon tip for a cock. My tip dicktip is like a purple meat bag that gets inflated. The rest of my cock stays flaccid as fuck.

I speak to god and Real Snackboi's Transgender Fetus Tribal Pyramid Nigger Kang Fantasy Genderqueer Rolemodel is a gay fucking faggot.

I usually speak directly to god, which makes you a faggot (*Now you're a faggot forever, nigger idiot.()) When god tells me why he inflated my balloon dicktip to purple, really swollen dicktip I can be chill with god forever.
>>
>>31904418
>overpenetration
#3 buck
>>
>>31904320
I've looked. Most of the online sources seem a little pricey.
>>
>>31904418
That's simply not true of shotguns. They can be both very cheap and solid performers, especially as home defense weapons.
>>
Over-penetration is a fucking myth.

Firstly, if you shoot through your target and it hits somebody else: You broke one of the four rules of gun safety (know what is in front of and beyond your target.)

You are FAR FAR more likely to simply MISS YOUR TARGET and hit something you didn't intend to. WAY MORE LIKELY than rounds passing through your target's bones, muscle and organs and still injuring or killing someone beyond that target.
>>
>>31904620
Armslist?
>>
>>31904658
You stated that it was a myth, and then disproved your statement by acknowledging it was possible.

And whether or not you actually do hit your target, a rifle round will travel through more than a buckshot blast, and while you should know what's behind your target in an ideal scenario, realistically it's impossible to see through walls or your target. Home defense scenarios are by definition far from ideal scenarios for safe shooting. When you're so close to your target, there's no reason for a round to be excessively penetrating anyway.
>>
>>31904767
nah fuck you faggot, CNC copper noexpandos 44mag indoors all day
>>
>>31904767
>. When you're so close to your target, there's no reason for a round to be excessively penetrating anyway.

the thing is any caliber capable of killing a person outright penetrates "excessively"
>>
File: fagit.jpg (8KB, 307x164px) Image search: [Google]
fagit.jpg
8KB, 307x164px
>>31904767
pussy retard here's the perfect piece for you pic related

>not packing 00 buck or slugs in your shotty
>not polishing your bright nickel plated nightstand 44mag every day
>>
>>31904786
There's a difference between penetrating the target and the wall behind them, and penetrating the target, the wall behind them, the wall behind that, and the sleeping family member behind that wall.

>>31904810
Go and jack yourself off in some other thread you tiny-cocked little man.
>>
>>31904449
I wish ayyliums would stop posting on four chins. I dont want the men in black to shut down the last website that I'm still permitted to post on.
>>
OP here, I need less of you faggots talking about penetration and more suggestions on which shotgun I should buy and the ammo for said shotgun.
>>
File: 1474507024679.jpg (8KB, 250x178px) Image search: [Google]
1474507024679.jpg
8KB, 250x178px
>>31904829
>having family
>valuing family more than quenching your blood thirst

Are you a literal fucking faggot?

>>31904829
Exercise your right to free speech nigger

>>31904849
buy an 870 or an m90a1 you fucking cunt.
>>
>>31904829
>There's a difference between penetrating the target and the wall behind them, and penetrating the target, the wall behind them, the wall behind that, and the sleeping family member behind that wall.
there really isnt american walls arent bullet proof
dont count on sheetrock and 2x4 stopping a damn thing
>>
>>31904057
My first shotgun was a maverick 88.

My advice, go to dick's sporting goods on Black Friday and buy one. Retail last year was $220, got mine for $169 that day. Really worth it imo

As for the gun itself, it feels cheaply made but it's not. It's real fun to shoot, I shot skeet for the first time and missed once or twice with it

It's a basic shotgun, definitely good for beginners. Buy it OP, it's worth the price
>>
>>31904876
A 5.56 will be much less impeded than a 9mm regardless of what you put in front of it. Even an insignificant material like sheetrock is going to lower the lethality of a low-velocity round. It isn't the material itself that impedes the bullet, it's the multiple layers and the absorption of energy.
>>
Okay, so it seems like the general consensus is leaning more toward the Maverick? I like how solid the Protector is but it's really excessively heavy. Do heavy guns necessarily absorb recoil better? Because it seems like a light gun might be more controllable.
>>
File: 20161009_144015.jpg (3MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20161009_144015.jpg
3MB, 4128x2322px
>>31904057
Echoing what others said. Get the mav88
>>
Also I found a used M500A with a sling and case on Armslist, only issue is that I need to have it shipped and I don't know what the laws are regarding that.
>>
>>31905126
it gets shipped to your ffl
the ffl charges you a $5-100 transfer fee. they can set that fee at whatever the hell they want so find out their price before you order anything.
ffl tells you when gun arrives fill out dros and done
>>
>>31905167
What's an FFL?

This is the gun by the way:
https://www.armslist.com/posts/5951768/michigan-shotguns-for-sale---pre-owned--mossberg-500a-gamester-pump-action-12-gauge--comes-with-a-soft-case-
>>
>>31905201
>What's an FFL?
federal firearms license
just think of it as a gunstore
>>
>>31905201
look for the armscor m5 too, very solid gun built on a high standard action that's super smooth. iirc it accepts mossy 500 furniture and its like 250 msrp
>>
>>31905243
>irc it accepts mossy 500 furniture
thats a straight up lie
>>
>>31904320
Came to post this, though with less thoroughness.
>>
>>31904418
not true in the world of shotguns
>>
>>31904057
I'd suggest you lurk around police trade-ins and on gunbroker. I've seen Mossberg 500 ATP's go for less than 200 before. You just have to look.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.