[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MEDEVAC

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 8

How do you think, American medics and commanders, are going to cope in a real war; with out being able summon a ride to a hospital with in the hour?
>>
>>31904009
Like they have in the past when evac hasn't been available?
>>
>>31904009
Anon, you know CASEVAC isn't just helicopters right?

Have you heard of a causality collection point?
>>
File: bradley ampv med evac.jpg (251KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
bradley ampv med evac.jpg
251KB, 1600x900px
>>31904009

Well pic related
>>
>>31904009
I genuinely expect battles to be over with quicker when fighting a professional armed force. Holding territory is much harder when both sides are able to use combined arms.
>>
Soldier have been able to get a ride to a hospital since 1487 you moron
>>
>>31904009

If the US has no air superiority, there are much worse things going on than not being able to CASEVAC
>>
>>31904009

We'll start training medics to also be general surgeons, and they'll be issued surgical kits and empty blood bags and blood typing kits.

They will harvest the blood from their fallen enemies and pump it into their own soldiers to keep them alive.
>>
>>31904570
This
>>
>>31904570
static hospitals like CASH or MASH are vulnerable to long range missiles.
>>
>>31904847
I like the simpler times, when more men died and field hospitals weren't bombed
>>
>>31904879
you ever been to base in Iraq or Afghanistan?

the hospitals are surrounded by legit non warcrime targets.
>>
>>31904915
There are no non warcrime targets if your war is not legitimate yank
>>
>>31904847
>CASH
>Not CSH
Kys nogunz never served europoor
>>
>>31904526
Ah yes the pre-davinci davinci flyinf machine, getting called for evac since like the 3rd crusade.
>>
>>31904034
>Bradley and not the superior Gavin
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3mn0ECMieY
Maybe if you want your troops to die
>>
>>31904570

kek, this
>>
>>31904570
Medevac is with a standardized vehicle. Casevac is with literally anything
>>
File: splash_mash[1].jpg (50KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
splash_mash[1].jpg
50KB, 600x338px
>>31904847
>MASH

You trust these chucklefucks with your life?
>>
>>31905017
In my understanding any vehicle can be a medevac if it has qualified medical personnel and medical equipment for them in it. For example, a regular car with a medic, a nurse and their kits can constitute a medevac.
>>
>>31905064
>Guy with a big backpack that has a plus sign on it to carry legless mine victims
My fav medivac tbqhwyf
>>
>>31905064
As far as I know nurses aren't riding along in the vehicles. Just the whiskeys, PA and maybe the doc if you're lucky. Nurses are found once you hit role 2-3 care, excluding flight nurses.
Anyhow, by doctrine it'll be casevac if it isn't rolling with a sweet Red Cross on the side it's casevac
http://fas.org/irp/doddir/army/fm4-02-2.pdf
Reference for you
>>
>>31905170
Correction, flight nurses don't normally do role 1 too.
>>
>>31905039
>best record in the entire Army
Honestly yeah.
>>
>>31904847
>static hospitals like CASH or MASH are vulnerable to long range missiles.

Ironic, isn't it?

> In a real war, the enemy has long-range missiles.
> In a real war, the enemy doesn't target field hospitals.

But I can tell you how American commanders would react, if an enemy started targeting their field hospitals with long-range missiles:

They would use their pristine air bases and fire bases to rain down a world of pain the likes of which has never been seen before in human history.

> Turns out, in a real war, there are more important targets than field hospitals.
> And in a real war, there are lines that neither side wants to be the first to cross.

How do you think the American public would react, on the news that the enemy had illegally and cowardly murdered their wounded sons and daughters in a hospital?

The real question is, how will the Commander in Chief react? If you've got a liberal in the Oval Office, she'll probably puss out at the first sign of trouble. With a Reganite conservative, enemy war crimes will only make the nation's dick that much harder.
>>
>>31905852

>liberal would surrender
>REAGAN STRONK

Reagan was a joke of a president that almost caused a nuclear war, caused a recession, and enacted stronger gun control and higher taxes.

Any sitting president would be forced to escalate the war to anything and everything short of nukes if the enemy started intentionally destroying hospitals. If he did not, they would be impeached immediately and someone else would fight the war.

There are certain things that would make the US move heaven and earth to kill for. Pearl Harbor, we nuked Japan twice and occupy both Japan and Germany to this day. We suffered through 15 years of war and have killed millions in Afghanistan and Iraq. If someone missiled amassed wounded men and women intentionally, no amount of Tredeau "if you kill them they win" would stop the American people from destroying every possible scrap of enemy culture.
>>
>>31904955
>What is an ambulance
>>
>>31904931

we say its legit

what you gonna do about it

nothing
>>
>>31904034
Can these be attacked or is there some war law that protects them?
>>
>>31905947
You can, but if you lose the war, war crimes.
>>
>>31904635
Win the war against Russia, everyone has AIDS from the blood in our veins.

Lose the war against Russia, everyone has AIDS from the semen in our bowels
>>
>>31905947

Technically you aren't supposed to attack medical personnel or vehicles if they are unarmed and marked as such, hence the large red cross. The one deploying medical personnel are also not allowed to transport combat units in vehicles marked as medical vehicles. That does NOT mean, however, that it can't have guns, for instance, a MEDEVAC chopper that has a door gunner does not constitute a combat unit if it does not fire without being fired upon.

All of it is bullshit though, especially considering that any guerilla action will have opportunists killing whatever they can and any shooting war between developed nations will involve hitting things with missiles outside of LOS .
>>
File: restore 6.jpg (645KB, 934x1224px) Image search: [Google]
restore 6.jpg
645KB, 934x1224px
>>31905932
This. People forget what the country was like for the first few months after 9/11. It doesn't matter what political leanings of the current administration are, if an enemy started systematically violating some of the fundamental rules of war against them, the response would be terrible.

>>31905947
"Hospitals, both fixed and mobile, ambulances, hospital ships, medical aircraft, and medical personnel—whether civilian or military—are also entitled to protection from hostile fire under the Geneva Conventions, provided that structures are marked with a red cross or red crescent and not used improperly or near military objectives, and staff are properly protected. Staff include not only doctors, nurses, and orderlies, but the drivers, cleaners, cooks, crews of hospital ships—in short, all those who help a medical unit to function. Some aid workers—for example, Red Cross volunteers treating the sick and wounded on the battlefield—are also covered, as are military chaplains"
>>
>man gets wounded in my unit in Iraq
>Funny tells me to hop on helo to aid and assist
>Find out afterwards we arrived at hospital that he died
>Stuck at hospital, Navy docs and civvies, it's a weird environment
>Talk to base general, "how do I get back to my unit, Sir?"
>Sit at navy hospital for 48 hours, no help, no word
>Nothing is happening
>See Army helicopters, run up and tell flight crew my situation
>They are going to a FoB within 30 miles of mine
>They mull it over, decided to let me hitchhike
>Once I land at that base arrange for transport with radio

Casevacs are no damn joke. Respect to guys who do that. It's easier to kill a man than repair him.
>>
>>31904570
The US doesn't go to war these days without owning the sky.
>>
>>31905852
>Strong Reganite conservative
>Get chased out of Lebanon by 1 car bomb
>Trade arms for hostages to protect political career
>So strong
>>
>>31905932
he also amnestied the spics, which has led directly to the current situation of illegal immigration

Yea the US is full of retards who get super upset at false flags by their elected officials
>>
>>31905947
They are nominally protected.

But if you win or are so useful to your victors that they can't be seen publicly spanking you for being subhuman scum then you get off with a slap on the wrist or less.
>>
>>31906025
bataan death march was an immensely successful propaganda effort by the US

They retreat into a peninsula which has no supplies, leaving behind their own supplies(being ordered to)
The US then ignores the troops for MONTHS while they get starved out.

But ofc, the Japs are the bad guys for having the force march the Americans back to their supply base.
>>
File: 114727.jpg (112KB, 1000x702px) Image search: [Google]
114727.jpg
112KB, 1000x702px
>>31906025
>hospital ships

how does this work if you attack a battle group BVR with AsHMs and hit a hospital ship?

say for example if an argentine skyhawk during the falklands war accidentally hit the Queen Elizabeth 2(which had been pressed into service as a hospital ship)

would the escuse of "that transatlantic liner looked like a carrier on the radar screen" fly?

or would the argentine air force have to worry about international war crime charges on top of domestic charges for throwing left-wingers out of helicopters?
>>
File: grilled_chicken_2.png (382KB, 956x614px) Image search: [Google]
grilled_chicken_2.png
382KB, 956x614px
>>31904030

>Have you heard of a causality collection point?

This.

OP is childish enough to think the ONE AND ONLY way to evacuate critically wounded people.

You think the best army in the world gives up that easily on their wounded? Really?

Also, if it would come to bombing or shooting wounded soldiers and hospitals then it's just a situation where the gloves come off - you can ask yourself what Russian homosexual bitch "soldiers" would do? Die for their corrupt government? Or run?
>>
File: 1454747315966.gif (692KB, 400x200px) Image search: [Google]
1454747315966.gif
692KB, 400x200px
>>31904570
ill take american standard doctrine for 400, alex

/thread
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.