[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

M1A

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: NA9102_1200x3061.png (234KB, 1200x306px) Image search: [Google]
NA9102_1200x3061.png
234KB, 1200x306px
So I purchased a Springfield M1A. My grandfather swore by this gun and gave it to my cousin before he passed away because I live in California and we have shit gun laws.

What does /k/ think about the rifle?
>>
>>31903913
Shit receivers, you can still get your "It Ain't Me" on though.
>>
The old ones may have been good, but quality went to shit.
>>
my pops had very little interest in touching any of my ARs, didn't want to risk messing with my garand, took a look at my new M1A and said "now THAT'S a rifle built to kill people" and proceeded to strip it and tell me stuff. It's VERY hard to get him to talk about vietnam, but he did.

Just a rifle with more expensive magazines to me though. Fired it a few times, put it in the safe and went back to building ARs
>>
>>31903913
Don't listen to idiots who tell you cast receivers are no good. They're fine.

The design, however, is crap.
>>
>>31904033
Tell stories anon
>>
>>31903913
Looks cool, I want one. Can't justify the pricetag for what it is though.
>>
i like mine
and if u get a light strike you can recock the rifle by actuating the trigger guard like a lever.

also .308

IT AINT MEE
ITS AIN MEEEHEEE
>>
my dad has an older one, so it's all usgi parts except for the receiver and it shoots pretty good. I plan on getting one of those rock-ola barreled receivers, since it's forged and taking the parts kit I got from the cmp awhile back ago to make a rifle.
>>
>>31903913
These days, the build quality has taken a dive since Springfield ran out of USGI parts and started contracting out to other firms to build them. Thing is, most of the places they contracted to are the same ones that make parts for Norinco's builds. That's one advantage to being Canadian ATM: instead of buying a $1200 entry-level rifle and then sinking $500 into it to make it match-grade, you're buying a $700 rifle and sinking $500 into it to make it match-grade.
>>
>>31905244
No that's not how the trigger guard works.

Anyway. M1A's are hit and miss these days. Old ones were generally good, new ones are generally 'meh'. You can do better and you can do worse. If someone put one in my hands right now I wouldn't complain.

And very expensive to mount a scope.
>>
>>31903983
>>31904031
>>31905770

Nice meme bros

OP, are you shooting at least 1000 rounds per month? No? Then it'll be perfectly fine
>>
File: EBXqhLS.gif (2MB, 300x164px) Image search: [Google]
EBXqhLS.gif
2MB, 300x164px
>>31903913
>>
>>31903913
>What does /k/ think about the rifle?
Enjoyable to shoot and aesthetically pleasing but the action is far too open for most people's liking.
Oh, and of course it's REAL FUCKING NATO
>>
>>31904033
nigger surplus M14 mags are like $14
>>
>>31906809
Action is open but that means less FTE malfunctions since there's less to bind against and jams that do happen are easy to clear. If you submerge the rifle in mud that's bad, but that usually doesn't happen.
We all know about Ian's mud test videos.
He himself said that they are not a complete basis to determine reliability.
M14 is fine. Best rifle? Not objectively, but it is a rugged and functional design.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.