[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

M1A/M14 Stock Dimensions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 5

File: COmpleted.png (723KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
COmpleted.png
723KB, 1920x1080px
Last night a very helpful /k/ommando gave me the full diagram for creating the m14 receiver. I posted a few months back of a Helical magazine that I had been trying to design. Things have changed for the better but these are the specs I need. I am creating a both side feeding bullpup for the m1a, that has p90 style magazines that run down the length of the gun. I already have the dimensions for the magazine done that allow the tapered bullets to fit in a stick mag (over 20 rounds) and not jam.

The thread archived before I could get any more useful stuff.

I was told the Do/k/ument is a good place to look, but I have found nothing. I specifically need blueprints for all the parts.

However, the parts I need over all others are:

Receiver: Good
Trigger Assembly: 3D models online, but need original diagrams
STOCK: Need
Gas system: Need

Thanks guys.
>>
>>31902722
Was there anything in the CAD dump a while back?

I've yet to look at the things I have an it looks like it's no longer available and the person who promised a mega never followed through.

Get home in about an hour so I'll check and upload it myself if there is.
>>
>bullpup P90 style M1A conversion
This sounds spacegun as hell and I wish to know more.
>>
File: 4.png (168KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
4.png
168KB, 960x960px
>>31903053
It sure as shit does. However the reason a gun like that hasn't been tried is because you can't have tapered ammo in a stick mag greater than 20 rounds.

The reason is that the taper ends up making each bullet arc at a different angle in the magazine. Thats why most mags have a banana shape. The higher the taper, the more banana-y the mag has to be.

The image up there is my completed model for a 100% accurate model of how to negate the taper inherent in a bullet. This allows it to feed in a stick mag, hopefully of any length. I want each side magazine to have 50 rounds, and I have a custom mag feed system idea to make it load from either side.

If I do it right, in theory the gun could be reloaded while still firing.

Anyways, I need the schematics for an M1a or M14 chassis. Thats the next major hurdle is creating the body.
>>
>>31903031
Damn dump didn't have anything. Sorry.

>>31904119
I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around this, do you have a quick sketch of the overall gun?
>>
>>31904180
No But give me some time fampai. I is not so good at the drawings.
>>
File: m14_LeMartin.png (849KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
m14_LeMartin.png
849KB, 1920x1080px
>>31904180

This is the idea. Hope it helps.
>>
>>31904291
>>31904180
>>31904212

Mind you the INTERNALS are flipped upside down. The m14 ejects shells out the top. Flip it upside down it functions just like a p90 ejecting out the bottom.
>>
>>31904291

Are the cartridges straight walled or slightly tapered?

Not sure the mag will work well.
>>
>>31904318
is a secret >:3

I think the mag WILL work well. just u see. Like I said, found a way to negate the taper in mag while keeping walls straight.
>>
>>31904291
>>31904300
are these helpful? It's just the original stock blueprints for a standard but you could possibly work out dimensions for a chassis from this.

http://marymackskincare.com/jjm/docs...2638Stock1.pdf
http://marymackskincare.com/jjm/docs...2638Stock2.pdf
http://marymackskincare.com/jjm/docs...2638Stock3.pdf
http://marymackskincare.com/jjm/docs...638Stock4A.pdf
http://marymackskincare.com/jjm/docs...638Stock4B.pdf
>>
>>31904415
Links arent working. Do I need to modify them to work?
>>
>>31904442
Wait, I'm retarded, I tried linking shortened posts

http://m14forum.com/reference/192957-here-m14-stock-blueprints.html
>>
>>31904450
EXACTLY WHAT I NEEDED.

Now I just need a few more of the internals. Thanks dood!
>>
>>31904486
What do you need? the M1A and m14 is pretty large and like documenting things and I am good with google. I wish that was acceptable to put on resumes.
>>
>>31904522
Well, ideally everything pertaining to schematics/diagrams of those weapons. I'd like to model all the internals and have a fully animated 3D version of the gun in computer before I try building it irl.

But what I need unquestionably:
Chassis: Check
Magazine: Check
Receiver: I think Check from last night, but I need to review it to see if it includes the bolt.
Trigger assembly: NEED
Magazine: NEED (size doesn't matter)
Gas System: Not sure if I need, but i'll take it anyways.

Barrel is whatever.

Thanks dude!
>>
>>31904560
Magazine link http://www.milsurps.com/showthread.php?t=9080

For some reason my computer doesn't display the pics unless I download them off site so try that if it doesn't work initally.
>>
>>31904560
If you don't mind, what are you doing for feeding? p90 type? also, how does your bolt function and design differ from the m1a/14? I imagine it would need to be substantially changed to accommodate your side mounted mag.
>moreso than flipped 90 deg.

can you link to the archived thread? this is pretty cool
>>
>>31904713
Fantastic!

Of course this will most likely take months to get in to any sort of presentable fashion. It took me a year to figure out how to get tapered bullets to fit smartly in a stick magazine. However thanks. I only need the trigger assembly as the last major part.
>>
>>31904837
The M14 and M1A are rather different, so you should probably buy one so you have unlimited time and ability to measure and tinker.
>>
>>31904820
No I didnt save it. I don't go on 4chan much outside of K and POL.

I don't want to release too much but for the most part the only actual changes to the internals I intend to make are the charging handle for ambidextrous use (thinking something like a famas or g36 where its in the center) and the trigger, as I will have to extend that for being a bullpup.

I have a lot of specifications as to what I want to do but I plan to get this to work and I don't want to lead people on until I actually have something presentable. Right now I only come on here for help. literally my only threads on /k/ have been asking for schematics pertaining to what I need.
>>
>>31904888
I have access to an M1A.
>>
>>31904837
seriously bro, if your action is all flipped over, you might want to consider a striker fired system instead of a m1a/14 hammer, other wise this could get pretty weird really fast. the bolt already cants down a bit, so if your shit is feeding from the side, the bolt is going to recoil in that direction making the feel all weird.
>>31904908
i found it, didnt seem to be much help there for ya
>>
>>31904908
I've been working on a true multi-caliber (5.56 thru 30-06) receiver and bolt system, loosely based off of the sks, I looked at the m14 action for modulation, but its practically a tilting and rotating bolt and that makes it too wonky to work with imo. impossible, in my case.

doing any modifications on an existing fcg, the absolute first thing to do, I think, should be replacing it with a striker. With a striker you can move the fcg around and turn it on its head, and if you do it right, its the same thing, same feel. since its essentially a tube, you can shove it in the back for a bullpup, put it on its side, and the trigger is still interfacing properly, even making the trigger lighter, since you increase the lever strength
>>
>>31904923
You might want to take some calipers to that, technically the information is freely available via FIOA request and online archives but it'll take time to trawl the wreck of the archives unless an armorer can chime in and inform how the US military categorizes things.
>>
>>31905029
Trust me I needed the magazine for a reason.

The gun is going to feed from the side, in to a central internal magazine that is affixed and works just like a standard m14 magazine. it feeds in a T pattern. The bullets come from either side and feed DOWN.
>>
>>31905051
so the... what?
>>
>>31904946
>gun that recoils downward
DO want.
>>
>>31905238
i was under the impression it would recoil to the side, then this >>31905051

so your side mag feeds the internal top mag? I see the sight height over bore being ridiculous, but that could obviate the need for traditional feedlips, and potentially make for a fully sealed replaceable magazine, neat
>>
>>31905051
I'm not sure what this is but I'm scared
>>
>>31905051
You should check out the m14 forums, they have docs and could probably help you with designs.
>>
>>31902722
Hey man. Anon from Last night with the reciever blueprints. i didn't know you needed more info otherwise i would have uploaded it yesterday. Im not at home right Now, if the thread is up tomorrow i will upload all i have on the M14.
>>
>>31904837
>took me a year to figure out how to get tapered bullets to fit smartly in a stick magazine

Doubtful. You just have an untested failure. If every military during ww2 couldn't figure it out, some anon who begs for m14 schematic definitely won't.
>>
>>31906171
I wanna know what bullets he's even talking about, real NATO has as much taper as babby NATO
>>
File: DPRKhelical.jpg (28KB, 497x604px) Image search: [Google]
DPRKhelical.jpg
28KB, 497x604px
>>31906171
I mean, there are a lot of things that technically worked but didn't work well enough to warrant further exploration and funding. the weird chink gun in has a helical magazine despite having a much more tapered bullet
>>
You're talking about a .43mm difference in size from cartridge base diameter to the shoulder diameter, it's not really the cartridge case dimensions that limits the practicable capacity of a .308 magazine, but just the sheer size of the damned thing past 20 rounds. A fully loaded 20 round magazine is already heavy, and an m1 style action does not make for a light rifle. Your tilting at windmills. If your purpose is volume of fire, belt fed is a much better option, past that this is an answer looking for a really dumb question
>>
>>31906195
>bullet
Want to know how I know your stupid design won't work?
>>
>>31906616
does anyone know how they even get that magazine into the gun in the first place?
>>
>>31907084
Hey autismo, you're replying to a random anon.
And being a smug prick.

Wow guess what, I went to Walmart yesterday to buy some bullets.
Then I went home and fired some of those cartridges from clips, and I made sure to pick up the empty bullets when I was done.

The anon knows what real FUCKING NATO and baby nato is. He's fine.

Tl;dr
>You're a faggot
>>
>>31907089

Knowing norks it could just be a mock up.
>>
>>31904351

If the carts have slight taper, there will be excess friction on certain areas. Instead of spreading out friction you'll have to concentrate it.

Could lead to jams.
>>
File: a07.jpg (724KB, 1176x1000px) Image search: [Google]
a07.jpg
724KB, 1176x1000px
More Schematics less meanie Bo-Neeny talk plz <3
>>
>>31908994
https://mega.nz/#!IMtzkCCS!_gkl1Bwwlwkykhr42hyGW2oSla19jxgizBPh9ha7tJA

same guy as before. I could not find I schematics for the stock, sorry. Here is everything I have on the m14
>>
>>31909283
Thanks m80. Heres a link to the stock just so you can complete your collection. The other anon linked it <3 >>31904450
>>
>>31909423
LeMartin, the man you want to get in touch with is named Lee Emerson. He lives near Las Vegas, and goes by the handle "Different" on the various forums.
He knows FREAKING EVERYTHING about M14 specs, production, tolerances, alloys, history, compatibility, it's insane. Find him and ask for info on "M14 magazine specs" and he'll probably send you a six-page Excel doc he compiled himself, comparing the tolerances from each manufacturer and their performance in a wide range of atmospheric conditions. The man is an untapped treasure.
>>
>>31910134
I lurked around the forums, is he still alive? His website is dead.

Man needs to write a book.
>>
>>31902722
i don't get is you could easily demo the mag before designing any gun to it... why not try it if it works at all?
>>
>>31911591
Apparent it's like the Mosin Archangel stocks, the chassis is what allows for the magazine.
>>
>>31911613
yeah but why design anything else if the mag don't even work reliably?
i just don't get it.
>>
>>31911638
Because If not I'll just make the magazines 20rounders. The current one is to allow for more than 20 rounds.

20 round mags, one on either side, 40 rounds total.
>>
>>31912301
whoa whoa whoa hol the fuck up, two separate mags, KSG-feeding a central mag, feeding the action? do I have that correct? is this weapon gonna be 6 inches wide, loaded? and a bullpup?
>>
>>31912301
>40 rounds total.
when 100 round drum mags exist i don't see how that gonna be an improvement worth developing.
>>
>>31912727
Because while its feeding from both mags, you can reload one while the other is still firing.

Inifinite ammos!
>>
>>31912966
well as a one off novelty thing I suppose it has merit, but I think your better idea is the bullpup conversion.
>>
>>31913375
Yeah of this gets to market I'd imagine this is what would sell the most.
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.