[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Russian heli destroied by is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 9

File: wp_ss_20161104_0002.png (320KB, 1280x768px) Image search: [Google]
wp_ss_20161104_0002.png
320KB, 1280x768px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gC644Ol9U2M
?
>>
So they shot the already disabled one

What retards
>>
What did they shot with?
>>
>>31902291
Russian MoD said "grenades", so RPG I guess.
The helo was already disabled when they rekt it.
>>
File: 14782572124962.jpg (37KB, 1500x843px) Image search: [Google]
14782572124962.jpg
37KB, 1500x843px
>>31902251
>>
>>31902251

I think it's a demolition job by the engineers who surround it.
>>
>>31902320
Thinking so, no sign of rpg or fired projectile
>>
>>31902251
Any idea what that stuff is at 40 seconds? These guys seem not to have reacted to seeing the helicopter blow up at all.
>>
Another proof islam is bad for your brain. They had 4 big easy targets, yet they hit the one russians would have destroyed themselves.
>>
>>31902251

More evidence Russia is gaining more combat experience than the West
>>
>>31902346
>Missile hits helicopter
>Line in the sand from the lower right from the missile's wake
>Crew around the helicopter panicking
>Second helicopter firing flares

Yeah gee it was a controlled demolition for sure
>>
>>31902415
>Yet they hit the most expensive, dangerous piece of hardware there
>>
>>31902440
I'd say vehicles with weapons and an active helicopter, probably also with weapons, is quite a bit more dangerous than an already disabled helicopter.
>>
>>31902435
Why not fire to the working one?
>>
>>31902468
Because if you have one shot you destroy the most valuable, dangerous bit of hardware you can?

What if the Russians secured the area and recovered the Hind?
>>
>>31902474
>Because if you have one shot you destroy the most valuable, dangerous bit of hardware you can?
Which is the other helicopter, or vehicles. Disabled hind is not going anywhere, it would have been destroyed by russians themselves most likely.
>>
>>31902499
Or it could have been repaired and back in action in a day.

Now it's not.
>>
>>31902499
>Which is the other helicopter, or vehicles.

>Two light vehicles or a utility helicopter
>vs an attack helicopter, the most dangerous thing to an insurgent since Vietnam
>>
>>31902440
>>31902474
>Two Hinds
>Shoot the disabled one
>This makes sense in you head somehow
>>
File: 1454095021533.jpg (146KB, 835x1170px) Image search: [Google]
1454095021533.jpg
146KB, 835x1170px
>>31902542
>Two Hinds

It makes sense to me because I'm not as stupid as you and know the other helicopter isn't a Hind.
>>
>>31902251
Did these guys even notice they were under attack?
>>
>>31902519
Or if you shoot the other helicopter down or destroy the vehicle and russians would not even think about recovering it.
>>
>>31902553
kys
>>
>>31902524
Protip: disabled attack helicopters arent dangerous at all, you can approach them or even touch without any fear.
>>
>>31902569
>Shoot Hip/vehicles
>Chance of being discovered killed/pinned before you can fire again
>Russia has attack helicopter

>Shoot Hind
>Russia now has no attack helicopter
>>
>>31902435
Russia confirmed it was shot by an RPG
>>
>>31902581
What part of "broken things can be fixed, destroyed things can't" aren't you understanding here
>>
>>31902600
Well you might think that but it's an ATGM, most likely a Kornet.

The missile is spinning before it impacts which is a hallmark of Russian ATGM's.
>>
>>31902589
Holy shit, m8, life is not videogames. A downed heli in a dangerous area simply gets destroyed, no one would risk to recover it. Most likely they would have destroyed it themselves anyway. If the fucking durkas managed to destroy another heli or a vehicle the area would have been declared dangerous and most likely bombed into dust along with disabled hind.
>>
>>31902601
>What part of "broken things can be fixed, destroyed things can't" aren't you understanding here
What part of "attack helicopters cant be fixed in the middle of the desert in an area proven to be dangerous" aren't you understanding here?
I cant believe how dumb are you, seriously.
>>
>>31902499
>Mi-8's in Russian service
>559

>Mi-35M's in Russian service
>44+

Which is going to be harder to replace
>>
>>31902633
>What part of "attack helicopters cant be fixed in the middle of the desert in an area proven to be dangerous"

>Can't be fixed
>Proven to be dangerous
>Russians were going to destroy it anyway
>The ATGM team had the time and resources for a follow-up attack

All speculation.
>>
>>31902623
>Holy shit, m8, life is not videogames. A downed heli in a dangerous area simply gets destroyed, no one would risk to recover it.

As someone who has helped to recover a downed helicopter in Afghanistan, don't presume to tell me what real life is like.
>>
>>31902668
how many confirmed kills you get bro

im the squad sniper and got 50 confirmed dead sandniggers.
>>
>>31902623
>A downed heli in a dangerous area simply gets destroyed, no one would risk to recover it.

Real life begs to differ, retard.
>>
>>31902623
Tony Zinni's autobiography actually has like half a chapter of him spending months trying to recover a crashed helicopter in NPA held territory in the Philippines in the 80s.

They totally recover the helicopters.
>>
>>31902499

cept you can dismantle an Hind and carry it into a container in a couple of hour or maybe less,that thing is easy to maintain or at least it was.The one in the video is a Mi-35 and if retained the tail disassemble key all you have to do is remove tail and blades,load it into a truck and you're gold
>>
>>31902644
>Which is going to be harder to replace
Any, it is just a matter of moving it to Syria.

>>31902657
>Can't be fixed
Under fire? No, no one fixes things under fire.
>Proven to be dangerous
Ofc it is if a vehicle or hip gets hit, wtf are you dumb?
>Russians were going to destroy it anyway
Thats what people do with things that cant get recovered.
>The ATGM team had the time and resources for a follow-up attack
Yeah. Those guys are the last ISIS fighters in Syria.

>>31902668
Gorilla warfare much?
>>
>>31902707
How many vehicles and helicopters got shot at during that operation?
>>
It was hit by an RPG ffs it was confirmed by russian mod
https://russian.rt.com/world/news/330241-gibel-vertolyot-siriya
http://www.bbc.com/russian/news-37867879
>>
>>31902717
>Under fire? No, no one fixes things under fire.

So you assume they were under fire, even though their movement suggests nothing of the sort.

>Ofc it is if a vehicle or hip gets hit, wtf are you dumb?

Hit by what? You're assuming they were under fire before the missile hit the Hind.

>Thats what people do with things that cant get recovered.

You're assuming it can't be recovered, but you're completely ignorant of the situation.

You know that the Russians are going to abandon it? How do you know the Russians aren't about to secure the area and recover it? You don't.
>>
>>31902766
>So you assume they were under fire
I am assuming they would have been under fire if the stupid durkas hit anything but disabled hind, ffs.
>Hit by what?
By the thing that hit Hind, retard.
>You know that the Russians are going to abandon it?
YES THEY FUCKING WILL IF YOU DESTROY A VEHICLE OR ANOTHER HELICOPTER NEAR IT YOU DENSE MOTHERFUCKER
>>
>>31902784
This isn't that complicated.

>helicopter gets hit
>secure a perimeter with infantry
>attach lift straps to helicopter
>fly it back to base with another helicopter

This is entry level shit.
>>
>>31902800
>helicopter gets hit
>secure a perimeter with infantry
You have two vehicles and a heli, go for it.
>attach lift straps to helicopter
>fly it back to base with another helicopter
And get hit by ATGM from over there.
>This is entry level shit.
From videogames.
>>
>>31902784
>By the thing that hit Hind, retard.

Which was what?
>>
Whoever shot the hind clearly made the mistake of not discussing target selection with /k/ for 2 hours before deciding which one to shoot
>>
>>31902291
Looks like .45ACP
>>
>>31902819
Recoilles rifle, RPG, ATGM - whatever. Watch the fucking video.
>>
>>31902813
>You have two vehicles and a heli, go for it.

So assuming those are the only forces they have in the area.
>>
>>31902836
>So assuming those are the only forces they have in the area.
Evidently yes, those are the forces they have in the area.
>>
>>31902813
It's simple.

You move more infantry to the area where the helicopter is.

If people shoot at the helicopter, the vehicles, or anything else, you kill them.

That's what a military is there for. To kill people.

RPGs aren't a weather condition or a terrain feature. They're fired by humans that you can kill.

This isn't theoretical, the US and USSR have lost thousands of helicopters in action, this is the SOP.
>>
File: 1442752636706.jpg (165KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1442752636706.jpg
165KB, 500x500px
>ITT
>It's absolutely impossible to repair a broken helicopter
>It's the easiest thing in the world to fire a missile at the same target when you've just given your position away
>I know exactly where all the Russian forces are in a mile radius from eighteen seconds of fixed video
>>
>>31902848
Read what I wrote again and try to avoid dropping out the important word this time when you respond.
>>
>>31902850
>You move more infantry to the area where the helicopter is.
Assuming you have it, assuming you can afford to move (a lot, considering surroundings) infantry in the area without compromising other operations, assuming a Mi-35M is even worth it.

>If people shoot at the helicopter, the vehicles, or anything else, you kill them.
Or maybe they do shoot at helicopters and vehicles, which means you loose helicopters, men and vehicles to recover a helicopter. Which means you are an idiot.
>This isn't theoretical, the US and USSR have lost thousands of helicopters in action, this is the SOP.
Sure thing, m8, and you brought a single fucking one that was recovered.
>>
>>31902860
I dropped them out because they aint important, m8.
>>
>>31902855
>I lost the argument so i need to make this assmad post
>>
>>31902868
Here's the thing.

Downed helicopters don't move.

It isn't uncommon to come back days or weeks later to haul that shit in.

>Or maybe they do shoot at helicopters and vehicles

You know, that's an occupational hazard of fighting a war. It happens a lot in combat zones.
>>
>>31902886
>It isn't uncommon to come back days or weeks later to haul that shit in.
Sure thing, and you have to guard it 24/7 to do it. In the middle of the fucking desert. With ISIS having all the time to set up a comfy ATGM position and snipe it from 6km at their leisure. Or mortar it. Or do whatever they fucking want to do with it.
>You know, that's an occupational hazard of fighting a war.
No, no one risks more men and vehicles to recover one vehicle. It is not profitable.
>>
>>31902910
>With ISIS having all the time to set up a comfy ATGM position and snipe it from 6km at their leisure

I don't know if you know this, but they don't have ATGMs that can fire from 6km. And bullets are very much a two way thing, especially if one side has attack helicopters and APCs and the other side doesn't. And it doesn't take anywhere near 24 hours to attach a helicopter to another helicopter.

>no one risks more men and vehicles to recover one vehicle

Except for all the militaries that do do that.

Which is most of them.
>>
>>31902940
>I don't know if you know this, but they don't have ATGMs that can fire from 6km
5500, pardon me.
>And bullets are very much a two way thing
Exactly.
>especially if one side has attack helicopters and APCs and the other side doesn't.
So you still propose a massive military operation with possible casualties, logistics clusterfuck and weakening of other hotspots just to recover a single hind? Seriously?
> And it doesn't take anywhere near 24 hours to attach a helicopter to another helicopter.
It takes way, way more to secure the area.
>Except for all the militaries that do do that.
Nope. A single fucking helicopter was recovered simply because it was lucky enough to crash far from places where fighting took place.
>>
>>31902800

taking bait

Empty weight of an Hind is around 9 tons,Hip can slung and carry around probably 6 tons.Russian's don't have any other heavy transport helicopters around but the Halo.

If you call it you need at least to secure a perimeter of 15 kilometers or so.

You have just two options,call infantry and some tanks,another couple of gunships and a transport vehicle,secure the area with the sheer amount of slav squatting awesomeness,dismantle main rotor and tail,put it to the transport vehicle and haul away.

Or call in small squad of engineers/technician to asset the damage,remove valuable techs,put charges to destroy it or at least sabotage it and maybe come back later with force to recover it,

Which one is the most plausible entry level shit for you?
>>
>>31902966
>5500, pardon me

wat

You best sauce me nigger.
>>
File: 122-1.jpg (12KB, 599x381px) Image search: [Google]
122-1.jpg
12KB, 599x381px
>>31902982
facepalm.jpg
>>
File: 122.jpg (13KB, 599x381px) Image search: [Google]
122.jpg
13KB, 599x381px
>>31902982
>>
File: 122-2.jpg (25KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
122-2.jpg
25KB, 800x450px
>>31902982
Now git out, nigger.
>>
>>31902251
>"Helicopter is fine, we come back to it later."
>>
>>31902982

not him but what kind of ATGM are used by IS?

If TOW you have around 5km of range,which also depends on the used model and I don't think they are receiving last gen launchers
>>
>>31902251
Wow it's fucking nothing
>>
Was that even an ATGM? Sounded (and looked) more like a SPG-9.
>>
>>31902320
>>31902346
>let's demolish the helicopter with explosives while we're standing right next to it and our other working helicopter is right next to it
Unless the Russians are that fucking stupid I don't think so
>>
File: 1477667946225.jpg (102KB, 514x720px) Image search: [Google]
1477667946225.jpg
102KB, 514x720px
>>31903196

If you look at the blast waves and rotor wash, you can see there is considerably separation between all of the vehicles. I think it's a perspective issue.

Only an ATGM could reach out this far and there is clearly no missile and the ISIS neckbeard edited an artillery sound into the video.

Seems sketchy.
>>
>>31902435
>Line in the sand from the lower right from the missile's wake

I can't make it out.
>>
>>31903117
Most likely a SPG-9
>>
>>31903277

>850 yard range
>>
>>31903308
Maximum effective range of a SPG-9 is 1300 meters firing HE round.

1000 for HEAT rounds.

Since we did not see any trail from a missile then it may have been one. But I could have been wrong. It might have been a B-10 or another type of recoilless rifle.
>>
>>31902391
Looks like chaff from the other helo, maybe the thought they were about to be fired on too
>>
Here's a better quality version of the video
where the missile trail is visible:
https://ia601503.us.archive.org/17/items/il04112016/il04112016.mp4
Thread posts: 77
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.