[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

First CC

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_0535.jpg (704KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0535.jpg
704KB, 3264x2448px
Just bought my first CC, a Star M45 Firestar .45ACP. Not a lot of information on this particular gun online as far as experiences go, but from what I've seen its positive. It's a little small for a .45ACP, but I feel the weight of the gun offsets this nicely. I've run a few magazines through it, it's fairly enjoyable to shoot. So what does /k/ think? Any experiences good or bad with this model? Good purchase ($100) or no?
>>
>>31900219
It's worth a lot more than $100 but the gun itself is shitty. Consider investing in something better.
>>
>>31900219
What did you shoot through it?
It's a interesting piece to say the least
>>
>>31900219
I've never heard of this before and I am interested.

>>31900227
Why is it shitty, have you heard of it before? I always have to assume $100 is Jennings-tier, but I've heard Stars were pretty alright before.
>>
>>31900243
We had one come through the shop while I was working there, the thing is exactly that, its like Jennings tier. We sold it for about $250 but they retail around $300, just a generic shitty-made pot metal gun.
>>
>>31900219
Never heard of this but Star Bs have a decent reputation.

Looks breddy neat.
>>
>>31900228
A box of Magtech FMC that came with it. Was wondering what would be the recommended round for this gun. 3.8" barrel, around 2lbs empty. FMJ, hollowpoint?
>>
>>31900243
Star/Interarms (seems to be interchangeable) was a Spanish manufaturer that went out of buisness in the mid-90's. Their B model and the police models seem to be much more common, can find almost nothing on mine though.
>>
>>31900281
Interarms is the importer and the Firestar 45 was made until at least 1997
>>
>>31900299
Cool, thanks. Didn't know the relationship between the two.
>>
>>31900227
I plan on getting something nicer eventually, but a buddy needed some cash, asked $100 for it, can't pass that up
>>
>>31900257
It's fun to shoot, a little heavy for everyday carry but I plan on upgrading soon.
>>
>>31900319
Fine for 100 but not for carrying. Not quite Jennings-exploder bad; it will not grenade at the range unless you do something phenomenally stupid.
>>
>>31900394
I generally try to avoid the phenomenally stupid, good to know it won't blow up in my hand though, thanks.
>>
File: firestar-in-box.jpg (47KB, 600x336px) Image search: [Google]
firestar-in-box.jpg
47KB, 600x336px
>>31900219
The Firestar series won Guns and Ammo 1991 "Gun of the Year" award, based on a host of reasons ranging from accuracy and reliability:

$100 is a fucking steal, but apart from that there are three major problems you're going to be dealing with.

1) lack of replacement parts (the company doesn't exist anymore).
2) weight (all steel construction = heavy)
3) low capacity mags (also good luck finding extra mags).

Regardless, you got an excellent deal. I've been looking for a decently priced Firestar M43 myself but so far no luck.
>>
>>31900475
I've been able to find a few extra mags on ebay, but fuck they're expensive.
>>
>>31900219
Got a guy trying to sell me a star .380. I'm thinking hard. Also I've heard nothing but good things about their mod b. Gorgeous weapon.
>>
>>31900254
>>31900394
day/k/are it's time for your afternoon nap.
>>
>>31900219
>Star M45 Firestar

You're going to be limited to holster options.
>>
>>31900526
Well, to be fair, looking at the form of the thing? He might be able to get away with a P229 holster or one of the semi-auto Smiths. Seems a similar form factor.
>>
File: 1474777866048.jpg (322KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1474777866048.jpg
322KB, 1024x768px
>>31900553
A P245 holster MAY work for it but waiting and taking the risk of buying a holster that doesn't fit for a $100 gun he knows he's going to upgrade from doesn't seem like it makes much sense.

It's a gun OP got for real cheap but not worth trying to carry imho.
>>
>>31900526
That's a concern i have as well. Not even sure where to start shopping for this.
>>
>>31900577
If anything, you could probably contact Bravo Concealment or Darkstar Gear if they can make you a custom holster for it. You may have to send them your gun, not entirely sure how exactly the process works.

Or you can say fuck it and get some shitty holster from companies like blackhawk, galco or whatever. Again, not really worth carrying.
>>
>>31900573
The guy had a leather belt holster that's for a Springfiled XD. It works in that the weapon doesn't catch on anything on a draw, but it is not secure in the least. It will fall the fuck out lol.
>>
>>31900608
I'll look into that. The way I look at it, I may upgrade in the next six months, but until then having a carry is better than not having one. Especially with some of the shitty towns I work in.
>>
>>31900513
Same here. Thinking about getting one for the house.
>>
>>31900628
How's the weather where you live at? If it's cold and you wear jackets a lot, I would just spring for a one of those shit holsters.

But if you can, sell that shit, buy an M&P Shield for $350 and get a solid holster from either JM Custom or Raven Concealment.
>>
My understanding is that the Firestar is essentially a scaled down Star 30M rechambered to .45

I had a 30M, and while it's built like a brick shithouse, it's not the most reliable thing in the world.
>>
>>31900652
Indiana, so shit weather constantly. I like the shield, I also really like the XD as well. I was also looking at the Walther CCP, but price point.
>>
>>31900694
Believe me, if there is an FTF, I can always club them with the damn thing. It's a brick lol
>>
>>31900475
>>31900495
Anons, i own an obscure gun as well. Llama especial .22

The biggest issue you are going to have is getting replacement parts as above anon said. That is actually not an issue in this day and age.

You need to have a good gunsmith, and a good machinist or machine shop that can make small odds and ends like extractors.

Try and find the schematics to the firestar, as they are probably online somewhere. From there, the gun is good forever.

I have had a pistol with a slide that cracked. guess what? Milled out enough space inside it for a curved steel insert, fused it in place, and it was done so it met the original dimensions. Its about what you want, and what you are willing to do. For me it was worth it. Gun ownership is a journey, have fun with it.
>>
>>31900219
never heard of them, i'd be skeptical of it being hand-grenade tier.
plus it doesn't into a e s t h e t i c s
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.