[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /k/ think of kershaw?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

What does /k/ think of kershaw?
>>
>>31898100
Made in US: gtg
Made in China: chink shit but better than nameless flea market garbage
>>
>>31898100
I have two that I got for free and it has been great. But I'd rather have a benchmade.
>>
>>31898109
Benchmade is good. I have a full-size Grip and an Adamas. The grip is easy enough to sharpen, but the Adamas is really hard steel.
>>
>>31898100
Leeks are great
>>
>>31898129
That's the one I've been thinking about getting. Thin, light, and they seem like quality stuff. Also, I'm pretty sure I can send it back in for sharpening and stuff. That seems pretty sick.

Also, this would be like my first real pocketknife, other than a Gerber paraframe my dad got me a few years ago. It seems like a good choice, but I also don't know what I'm doing.
>>
>>31898109
Benchmade makes a good knife, almost killed me once.
Put one in my leg once, hardly even felt it.
>>
I have a cryo that was made in China
It's cheap and pretty gud
>>
>>31898100
the leek is real nice
>>
i really like my leek, super thin and barely noticed it was in my back pocket. blade breaks pretty easy though, but you can send it back to them and they give you a new one for like 10 bucks
>>
I've had a few leeks and given them away. They are thin, light knives with good stainless steel blades in a nice profile. I personally am not fond on them because they are small for my hands and I do not like the assist. Other than that a good quality USA made blade but I much prefer a Spyderco Delica, used mini grip, or Ontario Rat series for the same price.
>>
File: 1478277296044-472333812.jpg (1009KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
1478277296044-472333812.jpg
1009KB, 2560x1440px
>>31898100
Factory edge is not great, but you can fix that really easily if you know what you're doing. Currently, mine is hair whittling sharp.
>Protip: after you finish sharpening, grind down the spine of the blade at the tip to make you knives super pointy.
>>
pretty good at baseball i guess
>>
File: Snapchat-647605365898070321.jpg (689KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-647605365898070321.jpg
689KB, 1080x1920px
Got a Leek at an antique shop for $15. Has served me great but it doesn't snap open as quick anymore.
>>
>>31900148
do you mean the top of the tip?
>>
>>31898100
I have a leek in my pocket right now, looks identical to that one, except no serrations.
10/10 would reccomend
>>
File: doom.gif (1MB, 680x698px) Image search: [Google]
doom.gif
1MB, 680x698px
I've had a shallot for a little over three years. It's nice and flat for pocket carry, the blade is made of good steel, the fishscale serrations are great for cutting those stupid plastic packages that everything comes in, and Kershaw is great about parts.

I broke the spring constantly flipping it open for the first couple months I owned it, but Kershaw shipped me two new torsion springs all the way up to Canada no questions asked.
>>
I just bought a leek today.
I like it, but the edge from the factory was pretty meh. More concerning though, was the lock-up. It's a liner lock version, but it barely sits on the locking part of the tang. Compared to my Spyderco, which the locking bar sits completely under the tang. There's also not a lot of tension. Is this normal?
>>
>>31900161
I think you meant to say best pitcher ever.
>>
>>31901492
>what is cleaning a knife washer
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.