[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Single stack strips one and half rounds... WTF?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: 938-9-RG-AMBI-large.jpg (29KB, 633x348px) Image search: [Google]
938-9-RG-AMBI-large.jpg
29KB, 633x348px
Load the mag. Rack the slide. Drop the mag - the mag drops, and one round is consistently ejecting from it into the mag well.

Looking through gaps around the hammer, I can see that the second round is half-stripped after the first round is chambered.

What could be the cause?
>>
>>31895151
If the pic is related, it's just how the Sig p238 ejects when the mag is removed, source: I have been ccwing a p238 for 4ish years.
>>
>>31895151

Bad mag? I don't have a 938 but my 238 doesn't do that.
>>
>>31895683
>Bad mag
That's for sure, but what exactly is wrong with it?

>>31895549
This is not normal, it didn't do it before.

It's a P938.
>>
>>31896182

I mean I see rounds get pushed a little bit forward, but not so far that it's knocking rounds out of the magazine.

Maybe I'm talking out of my ass, but maybe the mag spring is weaker than normal, or the lips aren't bent down enough?

>t. fudd
>>
>>31896270
Are the rounds in your mag parallel to each other, or they all look kinda downward except for the top one? Which way is the spring in your mag installed (it's not symmetrical)?
>>
>>31896182
Light spring
>>
>>31896341
Is it possible to buy it separately? (part number/link to diagram, please?) And/or, does SIG cover this under warranty?
>>
File: IMG_1013.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1013.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>31896316

I think that's just the way they stack
>>
>>31896182
I have a p938. they all do it. if it bugs you, move that round back in place in the mag. it doesn't affect how the gun works at all.
>>
>>31896376
>>31896407

Ok, my pic related are mags from a 238
>>
>>31896407
This. About 90% of the time when I eject the mag the top round pops out. The foot of the bolt drags on the top round when it goes forward into battery, leaves little scrapes on the round, and it comes far enough forward that the nose catches on the frame when you eject the mag, popping the round out. As best I can tell, it has no effect on operation. I've got over about 500 rounds through mine, mixed Hornady Critical Duty, Federal Hyrdashock and Magtech FMJ. The only time I've ever had a failure was when trying out a box of Hornday Match steel-cased. It hated that stuff, FTF every other round.
>>
>this is what you get for not just getting the 238
>>
Since we have a P938 going...

Is anyone else's safety stiff as fuck? It wasn't this way when I bought it. I have to pull on both sides to activate the safety, but can disengage the safety with just a thumb. Is this worth sending it in for work?
>>
>>31896570
that sounds like worth getting checked out. mine is easy both ways
>>
>>31896593
this. Mine is more stiff to activate than to disengage, but not as bad as you're saying yours is.
>>
>>31896482
I have both.

Yes, 938 is an "enlarged 238", you can clearly see that 238 was the original design.

However, 938 packs punch that 238 doesn't.

The only thing I really regret is that they don't make large capacity extended mags for it - it sucks to reload at the range.
>>
>>31896593
>worth getting checked out
Call SIG, they'll do it for you.
>>
>>31896407
Also this. My 938 does the same. Never had a malfunction with it.
>>
>>31896465
>top round pops out
Does it stay in the mag, though? Mine used to just move halfway forward, now it just falls out completely, every time, guaranteed. With this mag, but not the other (where it just moves forward).
>>
My p938 does this with all three mags it annoying as all shit but it never malfunctions.
It bothers me so much I bought a g26 to replace it as my edc though I still carry it when I need to wait a suit
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.