[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pistol Shooting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 11

File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
How accurately should I be able to shoot if i am planning on using my gun for CCW

This is at about 7 yards with a glock 19
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Here was my best one. I was firing very slowly though .

Same distance and all that
>>
>>31894550
You can do a lot better, you're likely jerking the trigger/anticipating recoil

Smooth trigger squeezes anon, smooth trigger squeezes
>>
>>31894550
>This is at about 7 yards
Holy shit nigger. Practice more.
>>
Were you on target?
Congrats, you just killed a man.

As you improve you'll be able to shoot at further distances. But don't get all wrapped up in "muh groups" that will come with practicing the fundamentals
>>
>>31894550
Just practice practice practice.
Not a bad start.
>>
>>31894550
More finger on the trigger.
Its also a better idea to start a bit closer and work your way out.
>>
>>31894565
better but 7 yards, you may want to practice alot more before you get a ccw, these are when your not scared
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
There's some worse ones kek.

I fired like 250 rounds, some mag dumping some one handed and shit just to make sure I didn't limp wrist.

I'd say most got on the paper at least. I'm new to shooting, maybe I was firing a little fast.

It also seems like It was shooting better when I was using the tip of my finger more as opposed to putting the trigger in the first bend of my trigger finger
>>
>>31894633
this, have someone yell mean things at you at the range next time
>>
>>31894571
>You can do a lot better, you're likely jerking the trigger/anticipating recoil
This. I improved by magnitudes when I started learning to relax and only think about the front sight and a smooth trigger pull, nothing else.
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>
>>31894654
You should be able to put all 15 rounds inside the black and may be have 2 flyers.

-practice dry firing
-practice sight alignment
-practice proper finger positioning

Rinse and repeat with live ammo as many times needed until you get all rounds inside the black.

Also, occasionally check for recoil anticipation, this will fuck your shit up
>>
File: 20160612_153202.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20160612_153202.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
Hk usp 45, 50 yards.
>>
>>31894708
Thanks. I'm sure I could at least put all 15 in te black every time if I spaced them out, I was kind of rushing
>>
>>31894708
>inside the black

Oh nvm I see what you mean now yea I need to practice more
>>
>>31894550
Accuracy drops by 80% under stress.

Watch this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChSazF41q-s
>>
>>31894550
>How accurately should I be able to shoot if i am planning on using my gun for CCW
better than that. You want to be able to hit 1 inch groups reliably at that range.

>with a glock 19

Think I've diagnosed the problem here.
>>
>>31894550

More accurate than that.
>>
File: 65202.gif (13KB, 375x373px) Image search: [Google]
65202.gif
13KB, 375x373px
>>
File: IMG_1877.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1877.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>31894550
Not much better, 50 rounds, 25', as fast as my local range will allow 1/sec.

On the bright side, the sub-saharan robbing you will probably satisfy your thot better than you can.
>>
Flip horizontally if lefty-scum.
>>
This is the most accurate one.

Git gud.
>>
>>31894550
Hey op I used to have your exact same problem(s)

Here is how I fixed it.
1)dry fire
Do it a lot both at the range and at home, but grip your handgun really hard when you do it. Harder than you would when you shoot, and dry fire 50 times a day, no bs, focus on the front sight and trigger control. It will take time and it will be boring.

2) get snap caps, get ten, they come in sets of 5 at my LGS, get 2 15 round mags and load hem with 5 rounds and 5 snap caps mixed up while singing a song in your head, this will stop you from knowing if the round you loaded was real or a dud, then top the mag off with 2 real rounds.
Then shoot and have fun, the snap caps will show you when shooting how you're jerking or pulling the trigger to one side.

I had a strong jerk for the first 3 years I shot and I was pissed as hell. In about 3 weeks I cured it, and now I'm shooting IDPA and loving it with other old farts.

Keep making progress threads OP!! I'll be to help if you have questions.
>>
>>31894550
Florida fag?
>>
>>31894550
>Find a point to aim for on the target, the smaller you aim the better you shoot.
eye the X in the center of the red and line your sights with that, instead of aiming for silhouette

If you do that nice and calm you should get a neat group, if that neat group is not exactly on target, then you can adjust your aim accordingly(ex.your group is on number 7 and 8, so you aim the black thin line right of the x)

>Increase distance slowly after you start getting good groups
>practice your trigger fingering technique

I'm just an MP everybody hates, and only been to the range with a pistol 10 times or so, and can do 8/10 shots on target from 50yards.

I wouldn't consider shooting from 50 in civilian setting as the 2/10 would probably kill a baby and an ethnically challenged individiual.

I fucked up and got assigned to MP, against my will. I try to be a good guy. My issued rifle was zeroed to shit and fired 2 yards to the left of target from 200yards. Every shot.
>>
>>31894550
Slow shooting about 2" at 7 yards.

But speed is way more important. If you can place 2-3 rounds inside the 9 ring of your pic related in about 1.5 seconds, that is WAY more useful than dick wagging slow shooting for tight groups.
>>
>>31894550
It's a glock not a sniper rifle. don't worry too much about how accurate you SHOULD be shooting because in a real life situation that shit goes out the window.
The best tip I can give you is pull the trigger back just far enough until you feel the resistance, line up your sights and then fire.
Trust me you'll notice the difference in accuracy when you stop squeezing the trigger and bouncing off the target from recoil.

think of the crosshairs in video games every time you shoot wildly the crosshairs get bigger and bigger
>>
Is this in Lockport by any chance?
>>
File: 1389404480192.jpg (32KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
1389404480192.jpg
32KB, 625x626px
>>31894886
bet this guy carries a .22 1911
>>
>>31895426

I do something similar when I practice with my .357

>Shoot at a paper plate at 7 yards.
>Load 5 rounds, leave one empty. Spin cylinder and close it, without looking.
>Fire six rounds double action. When I get the empty, no flinch allowed.
>Reload from speedloader, and fire five more.
>Consider 9 or 10 hits acceptable.

As a variation, load with a random mix of .38 and .357 It's not easy to get a decent score doing this.
>>
>>31894550
After reading your posts op, i can conclude you have short fingers or slightly smaller than avg hands. I make this deduction based off of you saying that shooting with tip of finger feels better for you. Hopefully youre using a gen 4 g19 without any backstrap, otherwise a gen 3 is just too thick for your fingers to reach. I have short fingers and gen 4 was the fix. I would always shoot left due to not being able to propper grip/readjusting hands.

Fyi small hand people, i recommend ruger american, their small grip is the smallest you can get of any modern wonder 9s.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.