[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Light & expedient preps for: SHTF, Happening & Civil Unrest.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: Mrbones.png (111KB, 219x229px) Image search: [Google]
Mrbones.png
111KB, 219x229px
So let's say our friend Bob is out of time to hardcore prep for the Happening.
What are some low cost easily implemented things he can do to better his odds for impending Civil Unrest?

Examples:
>Keep car gased up and store some fuel at home, before the suspected day of happening.
>Replace burned out bulbs in security lights and clear visual obstructions in his yard.
>Secure 3-4 days of food and water ahead of happening.
>Secure any outdoor valuables i.e. propane tanks, bicycles, lawn equipment, generators etc...

What else is there that can be done with minimal effort and time to help your odds?

Bob can live anywhere within 50 miles of a major city anywhere from downtown to the sticks at the edges of Suburbia.
>>
As much coghlands shit you can get your hands on from walmart
>>
Does Bob have a plan? Is he sheltering in place? Is there a threshold once shit overly hits the fan?
>>
>>31894165

Bob is:
> 23-30 year old
> average to above-average intelligence
> employed middle class
> 2-4 years college educated
> Homeowner
> Car owner
> American

Bob plans on bugging in.

Bob is competent but has no concrete plan.

The disaster is on the level of Katrina over the course of 1 to 2½ weeks.

Region-wide instability.
>>
>>31894312
Bob needs to get down to Costco and dump about $500 into basic supplies.

About 10 flats of bottled water.
Couple of 12 packs of canned chili.
Couple of stack packs of tuna, sardines, and chicken.
A 20 pound bag of rice, same with beans. And sugar and flour.
Assortment of spices and condiments.
A few cases of green beans and whatever other canned veggies they have.
A few boxes of Clif bars.
Couple of bales of TP, plus baby wipes.
A couple of those mega-packs of ziplock bags.
Hit up the seasonal aisles for socks and underwear, and keep an eye out for deals on clothing that could be useful.

Now swing by Big 5 and get some camping gear. Sleeping bags, etc. A 2 burner propane stove. Get about 4 of those 5 gallon bbq propane tanks, along with a 6 foot adapter hose.

It's by no means a complete list, but it'll get you started. I'm assuming you have guns, stock ammo accordingly.
>>
>>31895512
>canned chili

Take this from a backpacker, canned chili is very heavy and only has about 1000 calories per can, its good to car camp but if Bob has to go mobile canned chili is useless for its ounce to calorie ratio.

Grabbing a few packs of 500 tortillas and a bunch of stick cheese packs is a better plan unless its still 90 degrees 18 hours a day where Bob lives.

Also, Bob should grab bottled Iodine for cuts and bandages, and a gravity eater filter and 2 bladders available at Walmart for about 50 bucks, and a very small gas camping stove, and a tin mess kit/cup, also available at wal mart.

>cheap AF back packer here
>>
Bob wants to bug in at first, not knowing how bad things will get. There is a legitimate chance things will blow over so no que to go in the woods just yet.
What steps should Bob take to prep his house?

Budget: $200

Equipment: basic home toolkit & mechanics tool kit. The pre pack ones from big box stores
>>
How much ammo should bob have per caliber?
>>
File: 1458725441255.jpg (43KB, 400x327px) Image search: [Google]
1458725441255.jpg
43KB, 400x327px
>>31893511
>Couple cases of water
>all the canned goods possible
>flour in something to keep it 100% water tight in the event that power comes back or you can bake a simple hard tack
>A slingshot isn't all that bad if you practice sooner then later
>based on size or ammo a simple high pump count BB gun isn't too bad to have on hand for small game, assuming Bob is nogunz
>Keep some extra gas for the car, but really you want to stay in for this
>you may want to consider making your house look looted, like smashing some windows in a certain area of the house and then blocking that section off.
>some Home Alone style of traps isn't bad either, but think more Vietcong rather than Home Alone
> >>31895512 This nigga is pretty right about food

>for Bob and his odds of survival it is best to bug in
>if you have a basement it is perfect
>bar yourself in with some escape areas
>Make some spikes on the stairs or remove them all together
>cut a hole into a closet and use a ladder
>sandbag the shit out of everything where you know it would be easy to break into the basement

I couldn't find the image I planned to post, but this will do. You'll probably want to pull something like this just so you can reduce how inhabited your house would still look if you get looted.
>>
>>31895815
A lot, more than Bob has, but not so much that Bob doesn't stock enough food , water, and medical supplies and clean socks.

Also don't forget hygiene
>>
>>31895905
I never understood why the drinking water is up top.

Whats the point of collecting it if its going to be irradiated?
>>
>>31895952
I never said it was going to be nuclear. But keeping everything nice and compact for your dwelling will probably come it handy.
>>
>>31895905
Just got this massive wall of text from a friend that has planned the hell out of fortifying his basement.

ok so step one is to figure out what points of entry there are to house/basement. basement is best option as there are at max 3 entry points one being the stairs the other the fire escape and the last is the window in the side room. using car battery as power i rig multiple charges such as kerosene bombs and shit upstairs so they wont have an easy time getting downstairs. i would also booby trap the door and slick the stairs with oil/grease after removing the carpet. i would also move the safe in front of the door in order to limit stair entrance. i would bury the fire escape in dirt allowing for only one conventional way to enter the basement. i would set up a position in the corner of the stairs with sand bags and other material as my defense fortification also using car doors and shit. that way i can cover the stairs and the side entrance. then when it is time to leave and have the house burn i will move to the 4th window which will be accessible only by me as i am small and nimble and i would have a ladder to get up there.

Some stuff is a bit more pertinent to his basement, but it is applicable.
>>
File: unnamed.png (45KB, 170x170px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.png
45KB, 170x170px
New information

Bob lives very near by you.

How does your climate and the environment Bob now lives affect his chances and methods for survival over the next 3 weeks?
>>
>>31896158
Pretty alright. Bob will get cold, but a good jacket and a sleeping bag should keep him all comfy.

>one of three known DE fags
>>
>>31896105

You probably want more than one entrance to your basement

If someone tosses a tear gas in there or just starts a fire you're not going to have much fun
>>
>>31895805
Find some used plywood. Cut it to fit snugly into your window openings, from the inside so it sits just behind the glass. Track down some used 2X4s. Cut 3 per window opening, 6 inches longer than the opening is wide. Get a box of 3" deck screws and a cheap cordless screwgun.

Stage the pre-cut plywood near the windows. Pre-drill 3 screws into the last 3 inches of each end of each 2X4, to a depth of about an inch.

When the happening happens, fit the plywood nto the window openings, screw the 2X4s across the opening to hold the plywood. Windows are framed in with double studs, so you have some meat there to attach to.

If there's a lot of space between the plywood and 2x4s, shim with cut off scraps of 2X4. Use more screws to hold everything together.

What this does is makes your windows a pain in the ass to climb in through. It also deflects thrown objects, including Molotovs.

It's not a complete solution, but it gives you a place to start from.
>>
>>31895952
Spread a painters plastic drop cloth over the top of the water reservoir. Now you don't have to worry about contaminants getting into your potables.
>>
>>31895952
the water acts as a shield, but doesn't become irradiated, the rays passing through it spending their energy don't damage it the way they would your cells. it only becomes contaminated if any radioactive fallout drifts into it, then those particles would emit into your body if you drank it.

>>31894312
hurricane style disaster bob needs a backup battery to charge his cell phone, bleach to disinfect his flooded stuff and potentially drinking water. a generator and chainsaw come in handy, plenty of spare gas even if you don't have those. it should go without saying that bob has at least a rifle and a handgun with piles of ammo laid up. tarps are handy, waterproof galoshes and gloves.
>>
>>31896873
*well technically it would be irradiated, like irradiated food, but it wouldn't be radioactive or harmful.
>>
>>31896158
Less diversity, more ruralness. Picture 145K people in an area larger than Rhode Island. We also have 110 miles of Pacific coastline.

The resources are there, if Bob's willing to put in the work
>>
>>31896873
>>31896931
gotcha thanks. good explanation.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.