[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

M1 carbine.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: inland3.jpg (112KB, 705x260px) Image search: [Google]
inland3.jpg
112KB, 705x260px
M1 carbine, should I get one? I like the action style and they're aren't crazy expensive. Has anyone shot the para version, is the stock horrible?
>>
>>31892832
Be careful with the 70's repros, from what I've heard they can take a bit of work due to smaller parts of the gun having quality issues. Sights and the like. Can be made into decent shooters though.

It's a fun and neat little gun, but fires a relatively anemic round and isn't useful for much other than plinking/range fun or collector value.

Personally, if I ever really got the itch, I'd just go all in and get an actual wartime-production example, but that's just because the gun doesn't pull me like it does to some people. If you like it, the repros aren't bad for the price you can find them at, but in terms of practicality (and if you still need the Garand action) then a Mini-14/30 would be a better option (though more expensive).

Para stock seems cool, but honestly I'd much rather just go with the fixed-stock version, especially if it's a reproduction.
>>
>>31892912
My dad has a mini 14, doesn't do it for me really and mags are annoying and meh. It's Luke a 38special I've heard in terms of power. I've got plenty of practical firearms so now I'm just grabbing up fun neat guns.
>>
>>31893187
Then I'd say it's not the worst purchase you could make, and even if it's a reproduction, if it ends up being problematic you could still probably sell it for the price you paid for it or close.

It's a neat design, and I like the look. Hell, this is America, you don't need any more reason than "I want to."

I know what you mean about the mini-14 though, my dad has one too and I like it but I'd like it a lot more if it was priced lower and they hadn't decided to go with rock-in mags for whatever stupid reason.
>>
>>31893290
I'd love the Mini Thirty if they just fixed the damn bolt face issue that causes light strikes on steelcase.
>chamber in slavshit round
>make it incompatible with slavshit ammo on purpose
>>
>>31892832
Hey anon, I bought my surplus M1 Carbine on gunbroker for $810. It's a good weapon and a real pretty piece of history. So yeah, go for it.
>>
File: 20160904_133836-1.jpg (4MB, 1838x2720px) Image search: [Google]
20160904_133836-1.jpg
4MB, 1838x2720px
do it
>>
The folding stock is cool aesthetically but shit practically if they haven't been maintained. They don't lock out and will collapse when you shoot it
>>
>>31892832
My friend has one. Fucking blast to shoot but to my understanding .30 carbine is kind of expensive. The gun is astoundingly light as well. If you have the money I would say go for it.
>>
>>31892832
I've shot a real one
It's kinda Meh
Little less boring than a mini 14
My 1953 M1 garand is far more fun to shoot.
>>
Had mine for 4 years and I always love it. (m2 Korean war version - main difference is the safety) conventional stock. With good maintenance and cleaning she shoots like a charm and is a decent semi auto weapon to have with a little more reach than pistols. Ammo is cheap and plentiful too. 50 rds usually about $20/ box. Get one while you can before they get more pricey. Bought mine for $600 back in 2012, went to a show last weekend finding some in same condition for $850+. Overall good weapon in use, recreation, and for any collection.
>>
>>31896943
I think you meant to say 'm1 carbine, not m2', since the m2 receivers are contraband unless registered NFA.
>>
I always had a bit of a hardon for the M1 carbine. It looks neat and seemed like it would be the ultimate plinking or backpack gun.

Then I finally got to shoot one...and it was a huge let down, at least for me. I'm only 6'1", and I don't think my arms are all that long, but holy shit the m1 is fucking tiny and it was super uncomfortable for me to aim. The fore end ended up being the weird distance out where I couldn't find a comfortable position to lock my shoulder or elbow and I had to bend my neck at a really awkward angle to get a decent sight picture.

If a custom stock probably didn't cost as much as the rifle, I might think about getting one, because I still like the rifle, even if it is poorly suited to me.
>>
>>31895330
Ammo is 25c a round here.
>>
>>31892832

I have one, its light for a rifle and the action is oh so smooth
30 carbine is a small round though so I don't really use it past target shooting.
>>
File: universal 30 carbine.jpg (23KB, 640x215px) Image search: [Google]
universal 30 carbine.jpg
23KB, 640x215px
I own a .30 carbine pistol. Its a Universal Enforer.

I would love to trade it straight up to someone for a regular M1 carbine.

pic very related
>>
>>31895385
I can't afford a garand and that's in the future anyways.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.