[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /k/ think of progressive triggers?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (21KB, 550x217px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
21KB, 550x217px
What does /k/ think of progressive triggers?
>>
>>31889830
Theyre fucking garbage. Just like those 2-stage window switches that you always end up pushing too far so your window rolls down all the way
>>
>>31889830
they belong in a safe space
>>
>>31889830
Almost no one here has ever fired a rifle with a progressive trigger, you're not going to get useful answers
>>
>>31889830
For anons like me who have never heard of them, what's a progressive trigger?
>>
>>31889830
They're stupid, the only reason they exist was because someone didn't want to take their support hand off the gun and use the selector switch.
>>
>>31889830
I would imagine that it would be slightly awkward to operate like the in-trigger safety on glocks. not very conductive for accurate auto bursts.

few guns still get me as hard as the AUG tho.
>>
>>31889830
It's a......progressive way of moving forward.
>>
>>31890515
a progressive trigger means that you pull the trigger half way back for semi-auto fire and you pull the trigger all the way back for full auto fire.
>>
>>31890515
basically, pulling the trigger back a little is semi-auto, pulling the trigger back a lot is full auto

The reason few people have fired them is 1) half the people here have never fired a gun 2) few of the rest have ever fired a full-auto rifle 3) of those remaining few, even fewer have ever fired one of the handful of automatic firearms which use this selector method (AUG and a handful of mostly obscure submachine guns)
>>
>>31890515
A progressive trigger is one that, when pulled half way, fires a single shot and when pulled completely fires in fully automatic. (or it could do burst too I guess) I've shot my stores F/A AUG quite a bit and its pretty shitty compared to your standard selector switch style. Trigger pull sucks in semi and under any kind of stress its too easy to accidently go full auto.
>>
>>31890515

Press for people
Press more for airplanes
>>
>>31889830
I've fired a full auto steyr. The trigger sucks. It's kind've alright for semi auto, There is a pin in the base of the trigger that you push in to lock out the full auto, with this in your travel is pretty small which I personally prefer in a trigger. The actual full retard fire for me the first few shots are off target because the trigger travels so far your hand comes around. Could probably be compensated for with practice but I only did full retard firing once.
>>
>>31892440
also its really hard to pull the lockout pin back down once you've put it up, there's like nothing to grab onto. gotta use your finger nail on the tiny edge.
>>
>>31892454
Personally I used and empty casing. The lockout is a good concept but poorly implemented in the F88
>>
>>31890515
it play a cool melodic guitar solo when you press it
then it rant about how complex and elaborated the chord progression was
>>
>>31889948
Eh not really, the full retard only engages when you panic
>>
>>31892779
Umderated post
>>
>>31890515
You use it to name your price, only from Progressive®
>>
>>31889830
I fired an aussi aug innastan. Personally not a fan. Feel like it would lead to people inexperienced with it to accidently fire full auto
>>
>>31896164
There is a piece of plastic which protrudes by default which prevents the shooter from engaging full auto, one would have to forcefully depress the blocker to enable full auto.
>>
>>31889830
Served in the new zealand army. The STEYR is an overhyped piece of trash. Requires graphite grease to function. Nigga, who the fuck has graphite grease in a warzone? sights are shit, gas block adjustments are fucking impossible to make unless you have the hands of a 12 year old because it's so fucking small. and just in general. Stoppage after stoppage after stoppage. Pic related.
>>
I consider myself Progressive, and I'm triggered.
>>
>>31898480
Think the fact they've been trooping along for nearly 45 years now might have something to do with how shitty they run these days?
>>
>>31898493
more to do with the fact that the governments of the countries that run them can't afford to replace them and are too proud/cucked to switch to an AK platform.
>>
They are retarded, I did 8 years in the Australian Army (Infantry), pulling out the single shot lock out button to disengage Auto was frowned upon and you got all kinds of shit for doing it, but ALWAYS when you went to the range some fucking muppet would blat away a 3 round burst while zeroing at 100m or something as stupid. The F88 is retarded anyway and I have nothing good to say about it.
>>
>>31898499
Well, at least they're switching over to an AR now, win some lose some right?
>>
>>31898517
There's been talk of that for 15 years and counting. I'll believe it when I see it. So far only the NZSAS has m4's and the CTTAG has MP5's.
>>
>>31898480
I call bullshit on that. We got issued normal gun oil and my AUG A1 worked fine my whole service time despite being quite old.
Maybe clean it once in a while?
>>
>>31898531
Trigger group. Graphite grease. That's what that grey powdery shit in the buttstock is.
>>
>>31889830
My airsoft P90 had one, it was the fucking tits.

That's probably as close as you're going to get.
>>
>>31898480
> shitty copy is shit
> the original has to be too!
>>
>>31898534
Didn't have that. Had only an oil bottle in the buttstock but I've actually never oiled the trigger group, only cleaned it.
Still, worked fine, even with our shitty blanks. But maybe rumours are true and the original AUGs are higher quality then the license built ones.
>>
>>31896420
Is this a feature of the F88? My service AUG didn't have that.
>>
>>31898550
fellow Austria fag?
>>
>>31898561
Yup. Did my time in the nineties, so I have no idea in which shape the AUGs are today.
I doubt we purchased new ones in the meantime?
>>
>>31889830
(((Progressive)))
>>
>>31898573
> I doubt we purchased new ones in the meantime?
Good joke there m8
we still have the old guns from the 80s...
>>
lol. I haven't seen these photos in years. I'd take an ak-74 sm any day
>>
>>31892865
>Eh not really, the full retard only engages when you panic

Can confirm that. Never accidentaly shot full auto on the range but panicked during an exercise and half of the mag was gone. Ah, the good times.
>>
>>31898601
Did you get some CB for the UD? lolololol
>>
>>31889830
Total shit just like every other "progressive"
>>
>>31898582
If our DoD has money for a useless statue they for sure could update some of the issued gear.
But there are so many other things to replace too (sad face).
>>
File: cbj_lmg2.jpg (72KB, 900x519px) Image search: [Google]
cbj_lmg2.jpg
72KB, 900x519px
>>
>>31892661
what if we moved it away from the trigger and placed it near your thumb and instead of a pin we made it a selector.... a fire selector
oh wait
>>
>>31889948
I like those two stage window switches though...
>>
>>31892865
>>31898601
That's what im saying. It's just another thing to think about in the middle of combat, just like the window switch is just another thing to think about when youre driving
>>
>>31902343
But the same it true for the fire selector. If you really need to go full auto (for whatever reason) you just need to squeeze the trigger harder.

And in my case the guy posing as the enemy was just more dead...
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.