[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Marines to Air Force

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: Archer-Memes4.jpg (80KB, 630x472px) Image search: [Google]
Archer-Memes4.jpg
80KB, 630x472px
Spent 5 years as an active duty Marine RTO (Radio telegraph operator) or field radio operator in layman's terms. I went reserves in hopes of getting back in and going counter intel however my reserve unit won't sign off on it because the higher ups hate me for the most part since I was prior active. So now I'm thinking of going AF since:
1. It's cushy as fuck
2. Sign on bonuses for days
3. Because not as ridiculous bs.

I was told by the recruiter the only thing I could do was SF stuff. Is there any truth behind any of this? The 3 deployments to the middle east wrecked my knees and shoulders for me to try SF. Anyone know for a fact I have to do SF if I go Air Force?
>>
>>31887759
your recruiter is a lying fuckstick

you can quote me on that
>>
How do you know? Any references or anything?
>>
Different anon here.
Can I get in the Air Force with an ELS from the army? Will it affect a security clearance?
>>
>>31887818
Any info on how you know this?
>>
>>31887759
Should of just stayed in the damn Marines.

I was an 0311. Come on bruh, pog life ain't that bad.
>>
>>31888164
Shut the fuck up
>>
File: 1441951534866.jpg (127KB, 480x666px) Image search: [Google]
1441951534866.jpg
127KB, 480x666px
>>31888283
Why so Angry?

Why so serious? Let's put a smile on that face.
>>
>>31888164
I rather do something worthwhile then be stuck at a reserve unit.
>>
>>31888320
That doesn't negate my initial reply. If you are pursuing active duty military, should stayed in the Marines. Going tampon was your mistake.
>>
>>31888331
How about... if you don't have anything insightful to say you just keep scrolling?
>>
>>31888337
So you're a pog who gets ass mad when you hear the truth?

Fuck you. Your entire thread has the premise of 'i want to be in the military and be as lazy as possible". Lazy shitfuck soup sandwich.

Enjoy mediocrity and know a dumb grunt got his bachelor's in science, holds a real job, actually did stuff in the military.

Youre a dumb ass pog like a caught fish, flopping around.
>>
>>31888362
Said the guy on 4chan at 6am EST
>>
>>31888362
>>
>>31888381
I have insomnia. But don't worry, I'm drinking so I can fall asleep.
>>31888385
OK.. thanks for playing.
>>
>>31888137
recruits are all lying fucks. they get good compensation for getting SF guys to join up, its a quota thing.
>>
File: 1454360298275.jpg (239KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1454360298275.jpg
239KB, 800x800px
>>31888137
Former SF here, if you qualify for SF, you qualify for other jobs as well. Services and Pest Control come to mind. SF is crit manned atm so recruiters are trying to push people into that field as a needs of the Air Force issue.

You're going to have to do some legwork on your own, get a copy of your asvab scores, get a copy of afsc score requirements, work out the list of things you qualify for and come back to the recruiter knowing which specific afsc you want.

Unlike Army or Marines, you have to select backup afsc's in case you get dq'd or the field is full. If SF is your fifth choice, you'll be sent SF.

Civil Engineering might fit your needs. The junior enlisted complain, but NCO's tend to love their jobs, and you wont be behind a desk 100% of the time.

Hope this helps man
>>
>>31890717
Thanks man. This definitely did.
>>
>>31887759
I'm not sure, but you might want to look into doing some sort of ROTC deal. If'n I remember right, it's possible to get to go to college for free while becoming an officer easy shit style.
>>
>>31887759
>>31887884
>>31888137
>>31888320
>>31888337
>>31888381

Go JTAC or PJ.
>>
>>31890717
How about enthusiasm, personal preferences or creativity? How much you think I can tap into my current living around?
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.