[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which rifle caliber is right for me?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: latest[1].png (889KB, 3000x750px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
889KB, 3000x750px
I'm 21 years old, 6'4", 155 lbs. I handle a .22 with ease no problem, and my shoulder gets pushed back bout an inch with I shoot 12 gauge shotguns. Determining all that I listed /k/, which caliber is right for me?
>>
>>31887595
The one you can fit the farthest up your butthole.
>>
I'd start off with a hi-capacity spoon for your lanky ass

t. manlet at your weight
>>
>>31887595
Whatever buddy. Height, weight, and age has very little to do with it.

>>31887605

That's not how it works. That's not how any of this works.

t. professional memer
>>
>>31887632
Alright then just ignore my height weight and age. kek
>>
Like I want to knowing what is my ideal caliber range?
>>
Shit, man what do you want?

Your build is a little stringy, but so is mine and I handle recoil fine up to 3in 12ga foster slugs, at least for long enough to get the job done defensively.

Consider something like a 30-30 or a .243 if you want a roiund with some, but relatively light recoil that you'll find chambered in nice looking guns, can find commonly, and can use for hunting.

If you're into actual 2A or /k/ type stuff primarily consider 5.56x45, 5.45x39, or 7.62x39 because you can find all of those in very competent "fighting rifles" and buy bulk ammo relatively cheaply.
>>
>>31887595
>I'm 21 years old, 6'4", 155 lbs.

who the fuck gives a shit you stupid faggot,
>>
>>31887595
what are you trying to do with it. start there
>>
>>31887842
there isn't one. Build an AR in 5.56
>>
Another question. In terms of "relative recoil" what caliber is the equivalent to a 12 gauge?
>>
>>31887595
7mm-08
>>
File: 1476013931172.png (18KB, 245x267px) Image search: [Google]
1476013931172.png
18KB, 245x267px
>>31887595
Your body size has absolutely nothing to do with anything.

First, you need to figure out what you actually want to do with a firearm (plinking, target shooting, hunting various sizes of animal, home defence etc) then figure out an appropriate calibre for that application, then find a suitable rifle in that calibre.

So tell us what you want to do with your firearm, and we can point you in the right direction.
>>
>>31887933
different calibers are equivalent to different loads of 12 gauge.

Assuming it's out of a pump action gun of the same weight, .308 is roughly equivalent to 2 and 3/4 inch slug and .243 is roughly equal to birdshot
>>
>>31887958
What I would want to do with it is mostly target shooting, hopefully hunt in the future for deer and large game.
>>
>>31887595
Why are you 6'4" at that weight /k/omrade?
>>
>>31887997
I just happen to have a lean body structure, but that doesn't mean anything.
>>
>>31888019
Don't give me that bullshit, I'm 5'11" and 190 pounds. Plus I'm a /k/ommando and a /fit/izen
>>
>>31887978
I would probably go for a .308 bolt action for the first hunting rifle, assuming youre American.
Available in large quantities and varieties and good for hunting a variety of animals. Also lot of guns in that caliber are on the market.
More expensive than other rounds though.

A lot of other factors are involved though. Try some out at your local range and see what you like and what would be best for the animals you want to hunt in the future.
>>
>>31887978
>target shooting and durr huntin
Any of the common .30 calibres should do just fine. (.308, .30-06 etc)

What kind of action are you after? for your purpose, a bolt action would be perfect. but lever actions and semi autos could be used too.
>>
>>31887595
I will give you 30 lbs for free if you want. Buy an Ar-15 dat 5.56 is breddy good low recoil.
>>
>>31888019

lean?

you're a fucking walking skeleton mate, don't make me go to /fit/
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.