[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

crossbows

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: ballesta.jpg (75KB, 1000x563px) Image search: [Google]
ballesta.jpg
75KB, 1000x563px
crossbow thread? what /k/ think about this special weapons
>>
>>31886845
Tbh I never got the allure of them. I like shooting bows, and I like shooting guns. Crossbows (to me a least) just feel like some combination of the two that fail to capture the best of both. What is your purpose for it? I know some people like them for hunting before rifle season.
>>
>>31886845
Pretty quiet alternative to both. It was probably easy to make and use by the common man way back when, before guns. Other than that, I don't use mine at all really.
>>
Any good reasons why crossbows are prohibited in some countries and states, yet high powered compound bows and broadheads are completely legal to possess?
>>
>>31887367
Crossbows look spookier and are easier to use
>>
>>31887367
Because you need training with a bow to be efficient and pose a threat. 30 minutes training with a crossbow and you are pretty much set.
Theres a reason the pope tried to ban crossbows back in the day. A man with minimal training could kill a knight that trained for years.
>>
>>31887527
I dunno, my brother only spent 15 minutes with a bow and was a danger to everyone.

Wait... nevermind, that's for a different reason.
>>
File: van-helsing-hugh-jackman.jpg (173KB, 718x480px) Image search: [Google]
van-helsing-hugh-jackman.jpg
173KB, 718x480px
I use one because ODNR regs on hunting implements is dildos. Useful for deer but not much else. But muh Walkin' Dead......
>>
>>31887011
You can use them during duur hunting season as a bow with special exceptions in my state, giving you an extra week of hunting.
>>
>>31886845
Had one, didnt like it. Way too front heavy. If I want to fling arrows, I'll stick to using bows. That said, the cbow did fling arrows pretty effectively. I just didnt really like the thing.
>>
>>31887367
Because lawmakers are retarded.

>>31887527
We are not in the middle ages anymore, you don't need nearly as much training to pose a threat with modern bows.
>>
>>31887498
>easier to use

Barely, of course any random asshole can pull a trigger but the loading process is a bitch with higher powered ones that can't be pulled back with hands. You need to hook up a cocking device just to get the string back, then load the bolt.

Opposed to just loading an arrow on the rest and pulling the string back. The only thing you really need with bows is strength.
>>
>>31889158
It takes more to load, but is done ahead of time. Easier
>>
>>31886845
I have one, and a compound bow. I prefer the bow because there's more too it then just aiming down a scope and pulling a trigger, but when hunting in a cramped tree stand the crossbow can be nice when there's not much room to draw
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.