[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's China's military like?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 9

File: IMG_3120.jpg (94KB, 1211x766px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3120.jpg
94KB, 1211x766px
What's China's military like?
>>
bags of sand
>>
>>31886309
Yes
>>
Like that guy who has money, but is used to being poor, so he doesn't really know what to do with it.
>>
>>31886309

It's a big army
>>
>>31886337
4U
>>
>>31886327
/thread
>>
>>31886315

kek
>>
>>31886309
Chinese.
>>
Mostly Chinese people.
>>
>>31886309

In the 1960s-80s, US would send Special Forces and Russians would send GRU/Spetsnatz to Third World countries to train locals to become insurgents etc. What was the equivalent Chinese organization or branch that sent out advisers in Africa, Southeast Asia etc.?

Answer: they had none, they were too primitive. They did not even have ranks in the PLA until the 1980s, they were backwards swine
>>
From the sounds of all the threads on here:

They have quantum computers in space that can detect and shoot lasers that'll melt ships to missiles. Their Navy is the largest and most powerful with 8 million ships and a mega carrier.
Their new rifles will be able to mount a small optic that surpasses current gen thermals and NV.
Not to mention their main battle tank can withstand direct hit from any gun in existance today. While they have made a portable antitank missile that can chew throw 3 miles of solid steel and can be shot from over 36 miles away, travelling at speeds of mach 9.

As for their air force? They have none. None that can be seen or observed. Their new stealth jet can reach speeds of near light. And from reports, one jet can taken down the entire world's air force combined.

I guess they're alright.
>>
>>31889035
I get the opposite impression.

I hear that nothing Chinese has ever, or will ever work as intended.

Therefore we can completely write them off as a joke.
>>
>>31886309
>Huge numbers
>Lousy gear
>Poor logistics
>Worse training
>Bureaucratic strategists
>corrupt leadership
In the event of a war I imagine millions of Chinese conscripts whose training was "point this end of the gun at the enemy" running around with shoddy AK74s shooting at anything and anyone who's not wearing a Chinese conscript uniform.
>Don't know what they're doing
>don't know why they're there
>barely know who the enemy is
>led by a corporate appointed member of the communist party who bribed his way to the top with daddy's money
>the one competent Chinese captain just shaking his head at the absurdity and horror of it all.
>1200 dead and they still haven't met the enemy yet
>latest & greatest equipment flown in, nobody knows how to use it
>the one guy that read the manual becomes the most important member of the squad

Would they be a threat? No doubt. You can't just write off an army that could push 10,000,000 men. But I predict they would also go through men like it was 1915.
>>
>>31887179
>Mostly Chinese people.

Isn't dat raycis tho
>>
>>31889237
>>the one guy that read the manual becomes the most important member of the squad

>china starts a war
>everyone gets conscripted since its a neat way to even out the man:woman ratio
>at command some bureaucrat with more money than sense inspects the weapons
>hey Xin I try to pull the trigger but its stuck, I think my gun is broken
>no comrade you have to flip that metal lump thing on the side to make the trigger unstuck
>why would they put that on a gun, allright get some people into welding the lumps into place so they dont fuck with the trigger
and that is how china got the biggest friendly fire rates ever conceived
>>
File: 2zgrcl2.jpg (471KB, 900x643px) Image search: [Google]
2zgrcl2.jpg
471KB, 900x643px
>>31886309
a bunch of angry Chink with zero fighting experience
>>
>>31889379
But still man enough to beat your fat ass any day of the week
>>
Here's some bongs impressions of Chinese junior officers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uZ-Aqs42nQ

Seems like at the moment they are trying to emulate what they consider the best of the American systems. Basically, in the same way that Chinese equipment is rapidly changing so is the PLA's training and organisation. time will tell how successful they are.
>>
>>31889000
source on the no ranks comment plz
>>
>>31890332
It's not true. That guy posts the same copy pasta in every china thread
>>
File: image.jpg (81KB, 900x570px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
81KB, 900x570px
>>31886309
I don't think anyone on here has an understanding. From what I see on /K/ their are 2 schools of thought.

>China is best and will beat Amerifat all day everyday with superior numbers through attrition.

>China is so incompetent they would all die to a single Infantry Division. To stupid to think right and are not a threat.

In my opinion I think it's this

>So many people that a war of attrition against them would be a retarded idea.

>Pretty decent gear their stuff works but if not maintained will fuck up like anything else in any army.

>A production base that can keep up with their numbers.

>Chinese state of mind as in their all one so they fight as one die as one making them a lot harder to get to back down.

>Do everything by the book, again their not stupid but they do everything by what they are taught in training so they are shit at coming up with shit on their own.

And a bunch more I have to say but I am to lazy to say.
>>
>>31890532
When I say their shit with coming up with ideas on their own I mean they are really bad at adapting to new situations.
>>
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=44f_1460086918&comments=1

The video shows PLA soldiers helping a farmer get his donkey out of a well.
>>
>>31886309
Spends more money on shitposting and parade floats than it does on things that are actually relevant in a real war, 2/10 loud paper tiger
>>
>>31890532
>Chinese state of mind as in their all one so they fight as one die as one

First

>Chinese state of mind
Like it's a monolithic culture, which it isn't.

>as in their all one so they fight as one die as one
What, like the fucking droids from the Star Wars prequels?
>>
>>31889035
>One dumpring has been deposited into your account.
>>
>>31890439
>But that's not true

>In May 1965 ranks were abolished within the PLA to "further promote the revolutionization of our army".
http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/china/pla-uniforms.htm
>>
Shit projection.
>>
>>31890912
>What, like the fucking droids from the Star Wars prequels?

Maybe what anon means is that Chinese are more willing to die for their nation?

Honestly if the US tried to land Marines on any of the Chinese-controlled islands in the South China Sea, they'd face soldiers who would fight with as much ferocity as the Japanese in the Pacific.
>>
>>31889237
China's manpower is impressive, but people give it more credit than its worth. Mechanization and logistics are pretty shit in the Chinese army. If you have a land force of 10m men but can only mobilize 10k, thrn guess what? You have a force of 10k. Obvious exaggerations aside, China's success in a war and the value of their manpower depends greatly on the setting in which it takes place. IN China they would have a much easier time, of course. Outside of China, and their ability to utilize that manpower is greatly diminished
>>
>>31891036
>>31891036
Bullshit
>>
>>31892361
I'd love to see them try to mobilize for war on short notice. It would be a clusterfuck of monumental proportions.
>>
I always got the feeling that the PLAN had its shit together more so than the army. Their land forces are bogged down by the ineptitude of their leadership and the generally low quality of their equipment. They might be able to come up with some interesting weapons but their quality control is absolutely horrendous. That said, if you spam enough missiles at one target something is bound to get through.
>>
>>31886309
Watch some of China Uncensored's videos on the communist party's military

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGs_dcXt-3k
>>
>>31892361

No shit, deployable armed forces is very hard, and very expensive.

In Western Europe, the UK has the biggest military budget, but is fourth in active personnel behind; France, Germany, and Italy. If you make a force deployable, training and logistics costs sky-rocket.
>>
>>31891036
>land Marines on any of the Chinese-controlled islands in the South China Sea
Smoking rubble can't fight back that well. Seriously imagine a modern fleet/army taking Wake Island, shit would be over in couple hours if not minutes.
>>
>>31892528

Falan Dafa out, and stay out.
>>
File: gorious.jpg (11KB, 220x281px) Image search: [Google]
gorious.jpg
11KB, 220x281px
>>31890912
>Like it's a monolithic culture, which it isn't.

Nice try, Murifat.

Glorious Chairman Mao brought great unity to Chinese people. He removed all the difficulties and barriers between harmonious Chinese people. Barbaric traditions and struggles between people were brought to an end. He led China to where it is today. He gave all Chinese a job. He brought the one true language of Chinese peoples to the top. Today we have many peoples, but they are all support the same thing. What was once many is now one.

Fear not my misled Westernized friend. While you may have lazy black man and Mexican immigrant terrorist today, one day China will bring great unity to the America too.
>>
>>31892635
Not even modern day mainlanders and communist party sing THAT high praise of the Maoser. They'd just talk some good about him and run on through to how everything's doing right now.

That whole melting kitchenware for steel and gang of four thing, LOL.
>>
File: ooooooooh.png (2MB, 1334x750px) Image search: [Google]
ooooooooh.png
2MB, 1334x750px
>>31886309

>>31886309

I know this is a b8 thread but one thing that is both good and bad for the US is that in the last 15 years or so the CCP has done a much better job consolidating and centralizing Chinese command. The US used to fear rogue PLAN commanders taking unilateral action out of pure zeal of protecting the homeland. This intra-organizational culture shift extends across the board.

So it's good in that the US has one less thing to worry about. It's bad in the sense is that it increases their military effectiveness to some point. Not to say that the Chinese military branches don't still have problems with communication and coordination with each other. But, to be fair, US branches have the same problem to some extent.

As for China's military as whole. They still have problems with force projection, but it's not clear that they really WANT a massive global military presence like the US. They're building amphibious capability pretty quickly and are ramping up naval production. Quality of said equipment can be disputed all day, but the fact it exists makes it better than nothing.

They have a relatively solid defensive regional capability. A lacking, but growing global capability. The latter especially suffers from problems of logistics that effect both in any war of attrition. They're clearly anticipating and gearing up for naval conflicts, because I'm not convinced the PLA would be very effective at, say, fighting along the border of India for any expanded length of time.
>>
>>31890949
>burger deposited in your account
>>
>>31892687
>falling for bait
>>
File: IMG_3413.gif (18KB, 435x220px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3413.gif
18KB, 435x220px
>>31886309
Pic related
>>
>>31892687

Eh, he did unify the nation.

Albeit by killing a shitload of people and blowing up half the country, but well, shit happens.
>>
Generic zerg
>>
>>31893353

>retarded hair
>small hands
>planned on making China great again by bringing industry to the country
>gets most of his support from a bunch of illiterate fanatical uneducated country hicks

Seems familiar
>>
>>31886309

Rubbish at the moment, but steadily improving.

Ideally we want to start the Great China War in about 4 years time, long enough to hopefully let the latest Middle East flare-up cool off but before the Chinese are able to completely get their act together.
>>
>>31892635
andddd inseminated many a little girl
>>
>>31893317

/thread
>>
File: tumblr_n4hqqvQGxv1tnj88ko1_500.jpg (57KB, 500x279px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n4hqqvQGxv1tnj88ko1_500.jpg
57KB, 500x279px
>>31886309
Big, many troops. Competent enough in their own region.
NOT POWERFUL OUTSIDE OF ASIA. Except for Nuclear Capabilities (not so sure, still less than US, definitely less than Russia)
Navy of Patrol Craft (lel) and a few destroyers, maybe one or two cruisers. Other crap.

Outdated jets, MBT modernization only began after desert storm because the chinese government caught that shit on cable and said "OH SHIT AMERICA'S TANKS WILL FUCK US OUR'S ARE COMPLETE SHIT" large manpool to drag from, vast swaths of nothingness, so lack of infracsture to move large manpool, no navy to project power. Only a threat if you're next to them, and Not Russia, India, or even Vietnam considering Vietnam kinda sorta won a war against them, numbers aren't everything, remember that fucking Marine regrouping shit in Korea.
>>
>>31891002
You're fucking stupid.
>>
>>31894099
Please don't comment on complex topics if your highest level of education is high school.
>>
>>31891036
No they wouldn't. The Chinese people don't like the status quo of china, not much they can do about it, fun fact, they do not hate the United States of America as a country, why do you think they try so hard to out do us? They fucking admire us! They just hate our government. Think, in fucking 220-240 years we became a global powerhouse, Chiniese civilization has been around for, 5,000 years? They're building bridges bigger than us and Dams bigger than us, and shit, because they want us to notice them. But that's off topic. Anyway, I don't think, a-lot of Chinese troopers would fight as hard as a jap. Many Chinese are from farms with no telephone, no electricity. They're not fucking indoctrinated at all. They want to get out alive! And this is coming from someone who actively dislikes the chinese.
>>
>>31889702
t. Ji Mei Mei
>>
File: 300x300.jpg (35KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
300x300.jpg
35KB, 300x300px
>>31894115
Oh so you're not familiar with what happened in Korea then? So you didn't pass US History in high school?
try harder
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.