[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MacArthur, The litteral 20th century Wargod

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

So why do cucks hate this man so much. He literally predicted every problem that ever afflicted him and demanded their resolution only to be denied by political hacks. Every Military venture he went on effectively succeed. People can only ever fault him for getting men killed which is the literal job of an officer Why do trumanites still desperately try to defame him.
>>
>>31885846
Marshall considered him a Deplorable. Actually he was a despot, probably why he enjoyed the Philippines so much. Match made in heaven.
>>
>botched the defense of the Philippines
>nearly started a nuclear war with the Reds

granted, that last thing might have been better in the long run
>>
>>31886089

and lets not forget he killed the U.S's intermediate cartridge program before WWII because he was an egotistical asshole.
>>
>>31886089
And redacted statements from basically everyone that was not MacArthur or working for MacArthur agreed that limited war in Korea was to the benefit of UN forces.
>>
>>31886119
I'm sure US Ordinance Corps wouldn't fuck up a caliber transition during wartime. They don't have any history of that
>>
>>31886119
>>31886089
literally both of you are poorly educated retards. defense of the Philippines was impossible at that time due to complete lack of effective naval support enjoy getting your supply lines cut and starving to death with millions of flips.yes he could have stood and fought but it would have been pointless. Second china was never going to give up korea they wanted it as a buffer just as they do now. MacArthur knew this, and unless you are thinking he could have dealt with their 200k strong numbers by any method that was available at the time technological or strategy wise I'm all ears , because literally no one has ever been able to come up with an answer to the red chink flood of the time. the intermediate cartridge was killed because we already had a stockpile of 30-06 and changing cartridge in regards to the garand and peterson was completely unnecessary unless you have literal autism and expect MacArthur to seen the future more than 50 years after him.
>>
>>31886237
This does not change the fact that MacArthur botched the defense.

"Well he would have lost even if he didn't suck" isn't a good excuse.
>>
>>31886260
effective retreat is not a botched defense. your hate boner for the only general of the war who had to manage defense in a near indefensible theater is understandable. literally every ounce of your hate for him comes entirely out of politically motivated and poorly informed buzzfeed tier sources. come at me when you aren't parroting poor understanding of military tactics and strategy, aspie.
>>
>>31886119
I've not got data to back me up, but I think every industrialized country before ww2 squelched rifle cartridge development simply because they all had100 bazillion tons of whatever they used in ww1sitting in storage. And all those same countries were recovering economically from a worldwide Depression that started in '29.
>>
File: file.png (201KB, 500x376px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
201KB, 500x376px
>>31885846
>Every Military venture he went on effectively succeed
anon.....
>>
>>31886284
Acktually, my dislike for MacArthur comes from the veterans in my family.
>>
>>31885846
>So why do cucks hate this man so much
Because in violation of posse comitatus, he led troops against unarmed American protesters on American soil. And killed said unarmed protestors. And kept going even after POTUS told him to stop.
>gee not like that last part is a theme or anything
>>
>>31886284
Was it strategic of him to have Clark Field blown from under his ass a full 24 hours after Pearl was attacked?? As far as I'm concerned, that alone was damning.
>>
File: file.png (793KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
793KB, 1200x1200px
Chairman Mao, the 3rd biggest paranoid egotist of the entire 20th century, looked at this man and said, "Holy shit this is one arrogant son of a bitch. Look at him, he really thinks he's the hottest shit of all time." MacArthur, meanwhile, didn't seem to realize that the Chinese might see American troops on their border as a threat. So when you talk about his "military genius" and blame his failures on various politicians, remember that it was his faults, and his faults alone, that led to the Battle of Chosin Reservoir.
>>
>>31886237
>defense of the Philippines was impossible at that time due to complete lack of effective naval support enjoy getting your supply lines cut and starving to death with millions of flips.yes he could have stood and fought but it would have been pointless.
Yes, yes,all valid points HOWEVER
>Macarthur: GUIZE, WHAT IF WE JUST LIKE, WHAT IF WE JUST LIKE DEFEND THE BEACHES. OF AN ISLAND CHAIN. YEAH DAT WOULD TOTALLY WORK.
>WHAT LOGISTICS?
>WAIT OUR FORCES ARE SPREAD OUT?
>>
His landing at Inchon was nothing short of a masterpiece and by far the highlight of his career.

However, his real issues lay in his abrasive personality with those under his command including (especially) allied units. There is a reason why Australian historians are nothing short of scathing for MacArthur.

His role in post-war Japan can be seen as a realist who saw a future role of Japan in the Cold War era or someone grossly overstepping what would be considered appropriate for a general officer; driven by ego and delusions of grandeur in a Napoleonic-esque attempt to gather more power.

I think that's the real reason people are so critical of him. It's purely based on his personality, how it affected those under his command and how the media at the time portrayed him as a result of it.
>>
File: 1456006876342.jpg (41KB, 449x600px) Image search: [Google]
1456006876342.jpg
41KB, 449x600px
MacArthur kind of fucked up in the end, but then again the Korean war turned out to be more of a success story than Vietnam.

At least he wasn't like Patton who earned legendary status for 'winning the war' when all the other generals hated him and his tactics were more or less just charge until enough bodies stacked up to provide cover for a real advance.

You want to talk about successful military ventures, look at Konstantin Rokossovsky and his work on operation bagration.
>>
>>31885846
MacArthur fired upon protesting WWI veterans after the U S. Government said "fuck you" to any kind of help and benefits during the depression
>>
File: 1399682676257.png (852KB, 800x573px) Image search: [Google]
1399682676257.png
852KB, 800x573px
>>31885846
Failure as an officer. Failure as a politician. Failure as a human being.
>>
>>31886284

Getting your entire air force blown up on the ground literally 24 hours after Pearl Harbor is the very definition of incompetence.

So is getting blindsided by literally 3 million Chinese
>>
>>31885846
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VBZu6mjAcA
>>
>>31887129
IIRC correctly China early on had stated they would enter the war if US or NATO forces got close to the border so this is even worse.
>>
>>31886089
Also shot at WW1 vets.
>>
>>31886370
>>31887129
As if he could have defended clark field you dumb fucking asswipe. shit was nothing but old as fuck aircraft in smaller numbers than the nipnongs. and remember the nips that this point were almost all Manchurian veterans led by higher officers who were all veterans of the russo-japanese war. meanwhile the americans available were all green as shit with only the highest echelons of officers being ww1 vets. But hey how would I expect a libcuck to understand such nuances. You clearly can't even read with chapter books let alone more than a few scentences on your buzzfeed articles. LOL
>>31888573
>>31886839
>>31886361
Bonus marchers were faggots and macarthur merely did what was ordered of him to remove them. Btw he teargassed them. he didn't shoot them you uneducated cuckold fires were purely accidental. go back to community college
>>31886748
so you're suggesting MacArthur
should have just full retreated instantly. even I wouldn't go that far. he still needed to maintain the image of resistance. regardless of if it cost him some men's lives. that's the reality of the officer.
>>
>>31885846
Patton all the way.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.