[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>co-worker at work thinking of getting a gun for protection

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: 1371458821583.jpg (49KB, 353x359px) Image search: [Google]
1371458821583.jpg
49KB, 353x359px
>co-worker at work thinking of getting a gun for protection
>Alright what did you have in mind?
>Probably a .45 for the stopping power.
>Why that and not a 9mm or 40?
>Because if someone runs into my apartment I want to shut my bedroom door on them and shoot through the wall, so I want something that will penetrate.
>Okay, any particular model in mind?
>Probably an XD, either the compact or the full size. See I want to conceal carry it with me but I'll want the extra rounds in the "clip" if I'm in a shoot-out.
>...Okay. This store that you're buying from, do you plan on getting any training?
>Nah, I'm just going to buy some ammo in bulk and practice with it. I'm pretty good naturally with shooting and it's just like "call of duty" for me so I'll be fine.
>Okay, I know you like the .45 but I'd recommend a compact for CCW and 9mm or 40 for more rounds.
>Nah man, I want a round that will shoot their arm off in one shot.
>(I explain how if you need to shoot you want to shoot more than one bullet)
>I'll just shoot them once and if I see that it doesn't stop them I'll shoot them again.
>(I explain why that's a bad idea, use 21 foot rule as an example)
>Then I'll just shoot the knife out of their hand.
>(go over realistic and legal concerns. Insist on magdump in that situation)
>Dude I don't want to kill anyone. I'll just shoot to disable them. Bro you're telling me that a .45 to your arm wouldn't stop you in your tracks?

So that was my day /k/. How was yours?

>in before bullshit, bait, cool story bro, fagbook, tumblr, etc.
>>
>>31885660
Your coworker is retarded, but you are also retarded. You're just slightly less retarded.
>>
>>31885660
Don't be a fucking caliber snob. .45 kills just fine.
>>
>>31885660
Friends don't recommend .40 to other friends.
>>
>>31885660
Shoot your coworker with a .45 and if that doesn't stop him from being a retard, shoot him again.
>>
>>31885660
A coworker of mine is insistent that he can outshoot me with his bow and arrow if I have an AR. I just said "ok" and ended it there.
>>
>>31885733
Outshout you how? Speed or accuracy?
>>
>>31885675

Thank you anon. <3

>>31885678

Not saying it doesn't, just for his intended use and level of training.

>>31885683

Don't be a hater.

>>31885704

Just imagine, he's a future gun owner.
>>
File: Capture+_2016-08-30-08-54-55-1.png (679KB, 1440x1417px) Image search: [Google]
Capture+_2016-08-30-08-54-55-1.png
679KB, 1440x1417px
>>31885660
I mean... 9mm was decent suggestion for more ammo, but... 40sw sure as fuck wasn't. The difference between 40sw and 45acp is minimal as fuck...

Just tell them to get one of those compact 1911's. They'll get the same 7+1 capacity with the 45acp stoppin powah they want...

>>31885733
... His name wasn't Jacob was it? Been trying to convince the gay fucker to get a gun but because of his shit for brains antigun tumblrtard sister, he's only getting a compound bow for backyard target shooting...

I fucking hate libtard women. I know way to many and I'm pissed the gods allow them to keep living...
>>
File: 48458.png (453KB, 400x533px) Image search: [Google]
48458.png
453KB, 400x533px
>>31886133
>Just tell them to get one of those compact 1911's

Do you mean a 4" barrel or one of those midget abortions? You can conceal a 4" 1911 if you're a big guy, but they're still pretty heavy for the low number of boolets you can carry.
>>
>>31885733
at 300 meters?
>>
>>31885746
>Just imagine, he's a future gun owner.
Literally the shittiest argument you can make

I would rather have someone turn anti-gun, than be the equivalent of a gunowner with autism-tier opinions that does nothing but spread misinformation to people while acting like hes a fucking navy seal.

You hurt the idea of armed self defense by not putting that retard in his place, not because of onlookers like antigunners judging us like most cucks in this community care about but because you're breeding a generation of gun owners that think its ok not to know anything or do research which is the same mentality that breeds liberal anti-freedom behaviors.

TL;DR: You are what is wrong with the gun community and every other community that thinks its ok to bring in idiots who do nothing but corrode the original fabric of the group. Fuck off.
>>
>>31885746

.45 is arguably better for new shooters than 9mm or .40 because it's less snappy. And considering his no-guns fuddlore mentality, it's probably not a good idea to suggest a sub-compact and just let him choose any full size .45 that fits his fancy. He should practice shooting in general before anything else.
>>
>>31886133
>Been trying to convince the gay fucker
Why are you talking to a sodomite?
>>
>>31885745
Does it matter?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.