[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New AR

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

File: Typical-AR-15-1024x301.jpg (33KB, 1024x301px) Image search: [Google]
Typical-AR-15-1024x301.jpg
33KB, 1024x301px
Looking to buy my first AR15 soon, got a budget of $1500. Any recommendations on brands or whatever?
>>
build your own instead of buying one. You'll thank me later
>>
buy one instead of building your own. You'll thank me later
>>
1) SKS and shit tons of ammo
2) VEPR and lots of ammo
3) build your own
4) buy a complete lower, upper, pin them

Seriously, build your own. Lurk in /arg/ to see what some anons have built. Giddy just dropped a parts list of two full builds. See if an anon has a screencap.
>>
Psa complete rifle kit and a stripped lower and spend the rest on.mags and ammo

You'll be able to buy over 2k rounds with that setup
>>
>>31882520
>>31882539
Do both of these OP
>>
>>31882520
>>31882539
i love youuuu /k/
>>
>>31882490
buy any cheap lower, but dont be afraid to spend more on an upper and a barrel
>>
thank me instead of thanking your own. you'll build my buy later
>>
File: d3OftJS.jpg (269KB, 2000x1334px) Image search: [Google]
d3OftJS.jpg
269KB, 2000x1334px
>>31882490
>>31882520
I agree if you have a build budget of 1500 you are going to get a lot of value to what you put in.

Also it lets you get exactly what you want.

$1500 once

vs

$1500 on the rifle + different stock + different trigger + different rail + different gas block + Gucci bolt carrier

>but anon Im going to be like Mike Vining and run a bone stock ar-15 with our any bullshit because Im trying to make myself feel superior to other people

Step 1. go to a gun store
Step 2. buy an ar-15
>>
>>31882558
>Lurk in /arg/
You mean namefag and shitpost containment general? He'll learn more making his own thread.
>>
>>31882490

Buy a Daniel Defense.

Buy an optic.

Shut your whore mouth.
>>
>>31882490
Get a factory form 4 sbr for your first and only ar. Then you can swap any length/caliber upper whenever you want and also dont need to engrave it, and when you go back to 16" nobody will be the wiser. Its the ultimate life hack
>>
>>31882620
Oh, you mean one of the 20 started every hour?

/arg/ is containment for that. It's really only useful when you need help. Don't go there for entertainment. /arg/ is literally just like 6 people who stay on the internet all day to help people with their builds and shitpost when there's no one asking questions.
>>
>>31882490
You can buy a complete upper if you don't feel you're able to assemble an AR-15 from scratch. Lowers are easy as fuck to assemble.
>>
>>31882603

>wants to feel superior

Can confirm. This is why I run stock duty weapons at competitions while everybody else has their race shit, I look like a fat duty cop using issued gear.

I usually place top 30%
>>
>>31882650
hes gonna break the ears
OP get a pre-eared lower
>>
>>31882650

I recommend a barreled upper so new anons don't fuck their head space and possibly make an unsafe or unreliable gun
>>
>>31882650
>if you don't feel you're able to assemble an AR-15 from scratch
thats not what "build an ar" means you goofus
>>
>>31882656
Stop, you're making me want to build an M16a1 repro.

>everyone with their high speed low drag gucci rifles
>I look like I just got out of 'nam
>>
>>31882490
Buy one of the new Colt KEK rifles.

Pros:
>it's a colt
>mid length gas system
>free float handguard
>fagpul furniture
>under $1500

Cons:
>no sights
>>
>>31882692
>KEK
Fucking word filters.

http://www.colt.com/Catalog/Rifles/Colt-Combat-Unit-Carbine
>>
>>31882705
>http://www.colt.com/Catalog/Rifles/Colt-Combat-Unit-Carbine
>The carbine is the first to feature Colt’s new mid-length gas system.
THE ABSOLUTE MADMEN
they invented a mid-length ar!!
so innovative
>>
>>31882632
Great advice. Though I prefer BCM.
>>
>>31882657
Can confirm. Cracked an ear in '95. DPMS, so I liquid steeled it and used it for a dedicated .22 upper. Next six I did right.
>>
Honestly the new Sprigfield saint looks really nice. Pick that up, with a bunch of mags and a bunch of ammo and you'll be happy.
>>
>>31882675
do you think it would be very expensive to have a gunsmith install just the barrel for you?
>>
>>31882490
buy a $800 rifle, $200 dollar optic, $100 worth of mags and $400 on ammo.
>>
Ruger/S&W entry level, 10 mags, ammo. If you want a 20 get the cheapest lower/kit you can and some random upper with a 1/8 or 1/7 twist plus sights. A red dot would be preferred but irons work. If you need to cheap out a bit I suggest getting no less than 5 mags. Make sure whatever you get works with bullshit like Wolf because you don't know what you're going to be forced to fuck with when ammo runs dry. If you want a piston for some goddamn reason don't get an AR, get a Mini-14 or SU-16 + mags + ammo as previously suggested.
>>
>>31882632
Seconding this anon. Daniel Defense is good shit
>>
>>31882690

People underestimate rifle length pencil barrels in their weight and recoil profile.
.extremely comfy to shoot and easy to be accurate with.
>>
>>31887096

Have some retard that's a little more experienced than you do it. Its a 30 second operation if done right, but as a precious little nooblet you can royally fuck it.

So yes you could probably have a gunsmith do it for cheap.
>>
>>31888130
You can get the same effect out of a slightly heavier profile 18 inch rifle length barrel.
>>
Buy one of those colt bare bones lowers toss a Noveske 16" rogue hunter ontop buy a red dot or a 1-6, fixed 4, or a 1-4 pick your poison. Or buy a Daniel Defense DDM4 up to you. You could also go BCM again it's up to you. I have a Noveske Rogue Hunter 16" w/ a SS410 barrel and a BCM lower that came with a Geissele trigger a Bravo Sopmod stock a BCM Pistol Grip and a buffer w/ spring and a parts kit that didn't include the stuff I didn't need like the trigger a2 grip the stock etc. I have an Aimpoint Comp M2. I really like it. It's super light I always hated keymod but honestly I was able to make it work and its so much lighter than any quad rail. I payed $1650ish not including the optic. I got lucky though my lower had the option to choose parts and I saved a lot of money and I got the upper on sale for $950. The trigger was expensive but you can get an ALG def trigger for 65 bucks and they're awesome have one in my carbine.
Aimpoint
Vortex
Eotech
Trijicon
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.