[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Holster for cc

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: 1-IMG_7813-002.jpg (35KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
1-IMG_7813-002.jpg
35KB, 300x225px
Greetings /k/ I just got my first gun (glock 19) and my ccl will be here next week. I am looking at owb holsters and would appreciate some info.

Do you need cant on a holster for it to avoid printing the guns grip? I have been checking out the bravo concealment holsters and they have one with 10° cant and a zero cant. Also are they worth the price of should I get alien gear or kt mech instead?
>>
Aliengear. Cheap, reliable, easy to use, and a very, very wide selection.
>>
>>31879901
Don't forget that lifetime warranty on lost/damaged holsters.
>>
>owb

Why did you get your CCL at all?
>>
>>31881013
Not him, but because some states require a permit to carry in general.
>>
>>31879869
OP, ignore this dumbshit
>>31879901
>>31880509

Get something either from Raven Concealment, JM Custom or Custom Carry Concepts. Stay away from junk like Aliengear. Pure garbage.
>>
>>31879869
Why would you want to CC with OWB?

>>31881076
What that anon said.
>>
>>31881076

Any specific reason aliengear is bad other than just shilling for some other brands?
>>
>>31881013
>>31881097
not op but im looking to get a g19 for my first here soon. owb is more comfy no?
>>
>>31881106
Not that Anon, but

It uses thin and brittle Boltaron instead of genuine kydex

Hybrid holsters don't have good medium retention, it's either too loose or too tight, there's no solid middle ground like with an all-kydex holster.

>>31881123
It's impossible to hide unless you're wearing something really baggy. Fine in winter, but summer you'll either be printing a lot or even worse, deciding to go unarmed.

IWB is the standard in concealment.
>>
>>31881106
>Any specific reason aliengear is bad

They're not well refined on the edges and dig into your body along with scratching your knuckles on draws. The actual durability of it is questionable with people having holsters break on them in classes.

You have to realize the majority of /k/ are poorfags who don't know what good quality truly is. I wonder why anons here have to mention the word "warranty" in the same post they make when they try to shill Aliengear.

For more indepth reading
https://pistol-forum.com/archive/index.php/t-15073.html

>>31881123
OWB can only be concealed if you're wearing a jacket or any type of outer garment. If you want true concealment, you have to either AIWB or IWB carry.

Everyone's body size is different and not one method of carry is comfortable for another person neccesarily. But AIWB is generally considered to be the most comfortable and easiest place to conceal a gun.
>>
>>31881137
hmm something to think about I guess. Don't really care if I print a little an oc is legal here so that's not a worry.

iwb just seems really uncomfortable and hard to access but I haven't used any so I'll wait and see.
>>
>>31881123
>owb is more comfy no?

Way more comfy. If you get the right holster it sits pretty high on your belt and you just need a long sleeve shirt or a jacket to hide it. Perfect for winter.

I've never carried my g19 owb though, just use an alien gear holster for iwb. I carry my 1911 owb sometimes though.
>>
>>31881123
OWB can (but not necessarily will) be more comfortable, but won't provide such concealment as IWB will. There'll be a lot of situations where OWB will work just fine - say, under a jacket, or Hawaiian shirt. It's easier to draw, too.

But IWB concealment is far superior, of course - I can have a full size gun on me and even a hazguns will have hard time detecting it.
>>
>>31881013
I live in the pnw so I wear a cover garment 75% of the year. I would rather just wear a loose shirt and jacket over the gun then start buying new pants.
>>
>>31881143
does the A mean appendix?
>>
>>31881159
Yup.
>>
>>31881146
Go read some reviews on alien gear. I've never had a problem with this boltoran or whatever and it's retention is just fine. You can easily adjust it with the kit of standoffs aliengear provides with the holster. I've had mine for two years and haven't had a problem.
>>
>>31881153
>>31881162
thanks for the info. I'll do more research on holsters and try some out
>>
>>31881123
If you plan on open carrying or just a holster at the range, it's useful. I carry OWB when I go innawoods because as you said, it's comfy. For concealment, IWB no question. More options available with clothing, position of the weapon and it doesn't print the slide at all because it's in your pants.

>>31881106
Not >>31881076 but here's my reason. Hybrid holsters with a YUGE leather/neoprene back are not nearly as versatile as a nice, compact kydex holster. The only exception would be for one of those people who CC a 1911. It's personal preference though and that's just what I've found in my experience. YMMV
>>
File: 1459920989362.jpg (259KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1459920989362.jpg
259KB, 1920x1080px
For any anons new to carrying, this is a very good and informative video on AIWB. The channel itself is good because the guy is able to effectively articulate information and doesn't really spew bullshit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gD1-cmqdXWA

Also this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSoN143S_Jg
>>
>>31881184
Im kind of scared of appendix carry. The idea of sitting down and having a gun pointed at my balls just kind of bothers me since it goes against what I was taught about gun safety.
>>
>>31881184
I carry AIWB primarily. I wouldn't recommend it to someone who is just starting to shoot or carry though. Get your bearing on the weapon and learn to control it. Muscle memory and all that. There's a lot more at risk when reholstering AIWB, which in theory should make you more careful, but it doesn't always especially to the un/under trained.
>>
>>31881211
>Im kind of scared of appendix carry.

It's something I personally would never push on a person but it does have a lot of benefits that include a faster draw, ease of concealment, comfort and the ability to protect it if someone tries to grab it.

I'm afraid of blood and one of my worst fears is getting an artery punctured and bleeding out. I still carry an M&P Shield in a G-Code Incog holster with no real worries. The real danger of carrying AIWB is reholstering, where a lot of people seem to think they need to be fast when putting the gun away which is where you see a lot of accidents happen.

I'm confident in my ability to safely come out and back in the holster but I'm moving away from striker fired guns for DA/SA which has an extra layer of safety compared to a striker gun.

And if you're carrying appendix with a Glock, good news. There's a thing called the gadget that lets you rest your thumb on the backplate and it prevents the gun from discharging if something were to snag onto the trigger, similarly how you can do it on a DA/SA gun or revolver.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgzRXi_0Guw
>>31881226
Agreed. AIWB isn't recommended for the '''casual''' gun owner and it definately takes deliberate precautions, something that is unfortunately taken too lightly in the conceal carry community.
>>
File: Naughty Paddle.jpg (106KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Naughty Paddle.jpg
106KB, 1280x1280px
>>31881076
This. Love my RCS Phantom. Might pick up another just because I'm too lazy to always be switching back and forth between IWB soft loops and OWB hard loops.

Also, do not get lazy on the belt. It has as much to do with the comfort and performance of the holster as the holster itself.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.