[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

OPERATOR and military fitness general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

File: 1382048392307.jpg (135KB, 420x604px) Image search: [Google]
1382048392307.jpg
135KB, 420x604px
FUCK YEAH, an operator fitness thread, because it's been a looong time since the last one and we all need to get off our asses and workout for SHTF/military tests.
Don't be a pussy and share your routine/techniques/stuff for the benefit of all other Anons.

I'm currently training for SF selections, starting in advance with two years to go and I'm trying to see if Greasing the Groove gives me something that other programs didn't in the past.
What are you up to, /k/ommandos?
>>
Free bump OP. I usually just lift and MMA training (not in military).

Curious what other people do
>>
>>31879124
Good on you, Anon! I wish there were some affordable MMA gyms close to my place, I would be really happy to give it a shot.
>>
File: 1473876250462.png (416KB, 465x929px) Image search: [Google]
1473876250462.png
416KB, 465x929px
I do a day of weights, pull ups, deadlifts, weighted sit ups, bench presses, then to finish it I do sprints in the gym till I can't move anymore.

Then on a cardio day I'll either do a 5K run or half an hour of rowing.

For enclosed spaces where I can't get outdoors I do a little high-intensity circuit, mountain climbers, star jumps, breakdances, donkey kicks, press ups and sit ups, rotating through for about twenty minutes.

Every few weeks I'll do a weighted march just to make sure my legs don't forget the feeling.

I'm in the British Army.
>>
Pull ups
Pistol squats
Push ups
Leg lifts

4-6 sets, 2-3x a week
>>
>>31879148

I need to run more instead honestly. I just lift to try to look juicy naked
>>
>>31879366
It's a running man's world. I'm at a 26:30 5k and I have to bring it down below 22:00 to pass selection.
>>
>>31879467
>It's a running man's world
Nigga, we have cars
>>
>>31879505
Thanks Heart Disease
>>
SF selection is not just running. Use the Four Horseman Workout Program. Best way to get ready. Selection is made much easier if you prepare your tendons properly. Goodluck.
>>
File: The Crossfit Jesus.webm (2MB, 426x426px) Image search: [Google]
The Crossfit Jesus.webm
2MB, 426x426px
>>31879096
I hear the one of the worst things about BUD/S is the 'boats on heads' running miles in soft sand carying large weight. They say legs are the most important. Lots of squats and shit.

My favorite leg exercise is weighted step ups.
grab a couple 50lb dumbells and step up on one of those metal stools most gyms have, or the bench if they don't. See if you can keep a decent pace for 5 minutes.
>>
If SF selection is all about cardio, why does the average SF guy look like he's 220?
>>
>>31880246
They are passed selection.
>>
File: 1460566460566.jpg (534KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1460566460566.jpg
534KB, 1600x1200px
>>31879096
I gotcha, senpai.
>>
File: IMG_1972.jpg (152KB, 640x392px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1972.jpg
152KB, 640x392px
The best
>>
>>31880246
You get all sorts of body types in SF. Some are average, some are 7' lanklets who look like their legs are going to snap at any second, and some look like Cpt. America.
>>
>>31881496
You got any examples of a skelly oper8r?
>>
>>31881496
The lanky ones are usually the last ones to drop. I was 6'3"/215lbs when in my best shape and I could barely keep up with those skinny fuckers.
>>
>>31880246
Because once you pass selection you just need to keep in good enough shape.
Not killing yourself anymore to improve run times or rep counts for calisthenics.

Then theres the fact that so many of these guys are on gear.
Plus I knew a guy in SF (18D) that would train and do Powerlifting competitions and would also do triathlons.
Idk how he balanced his lifting with that intense cardio but he was on gear.
He would warm up his pull day by doing 25 wide-grip dead-hang pull ups with 45 pounds chained to his waist, drop the weight, and do 25 more of those pull ups
>>
>>31879161
Regiment?
>>
Generally i do interval training 1 min sprint, 1 min jog, repeat for 10 mins. Then up the speed. Occasionally do a 1.5 mile run just to see my time, currently 9.45, want to get that lower.

Then I do general lifting. Dead lifts, bench press, shoulder press, squats, pull ups, tricep dips all that stuff.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.