[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Brevity codes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

File: deathclaw in a box.png (780KB, 825x1100px) Image search: [Google]
deathclaw in a box.png
780KB, 825x1100px
My friend asked me if "vampires" were the actual term used for missiles, and I confirmed that it is. Then he asked me what incoming fire from a naval gun would be called, and frankly I don't know.

So /k/ what is it? I honestly have no idea.
>>
File: 1477645870278.jpg (61KB, 640x635px) Image search: [Google]
1477645870278.jpg
61KB, 640x635px
Nails in the coffin
>>
File: [laughs in motherfucker].jpg (22KB, 640x612px) Image search: [Google]
[laughs in motherfucker].jpg
22KB, 640x612px
>>31877146
I kek'd but this thread is for NATO yankee dogs only, go away Russian!

>unless you know what they actually say in USN CICs when literally everything goes wrong and a DDG somehow gets shot at with an actual naval gun, presumably by angry Iranians.
>>
>>31876995
Shot is the brevity code for naval gunfire/artillery.

It works.
>>
>>31877520
So "shot inbound bearing 221" etc etc?
>>
get fucked commie, you and yours should know these simple ass 'codes' already. until god emperor Trump is elected and Russo-US ties are had, yo u can go fuck yourself

OPSEC MOTHERFUCKERS
>t. a drunk ret.
>>
>>31876995

Not much good deathclaw R34.
>>
>>31877587
>I don't know the answer but I want to know too, the post
You don't need to pretend, it's okay.

>>31877659
Go to >>>/trash/ and /scaly/ general and ask, I think deathclaws count with them.
>>
>>31877545
That would do the job.

VAMPIRE is meant to shorten "hostile anti-ship missile" while not coming up frequently in normal communications

QUAIL is meant to shorten "hostile cruise missile" while also not coming up frequently in normal communications

Same with SPIKE (hostile air-launched missile) and SAM (you should know this one) brevity codes in aviation.

Don't really need that when inside gunfire range and your main concern getting out of gunfire range or killing the enemy.
>>
>>31877700
Witnessed and thanks for the answer, but with railguns on the horizon I think gunfire range is about to get really big.

Shot does seem appropriate, it wouldn't come up in normal communication would it?
>>
What would you call an incoming steam ram?
>>
>>31877737
It would be very common in the course of friendly gunfire or artillery support. Probably not in most other cases.
>>
>>31877742
"My God, I think those crazy bastards are gonna try to ram us!"
>>
>>31877763
So in other words when other guns are shooting, etc? Are vampire and quail used for outbound missiles?
>>
>>31877763
What he said:
>It would be very common in the course of friendly gunfire or artillery support.

What he meant:
>It would be very common in Afghanistan.
>>
>>31877790
comes up too many times in conversation.
>>
>>31877848
Friendly equivalents would be BRUISER and GREYHOUND to prevent confusion
>>
>>31877742
Collision Threat.
>>
File: Bebe mejor, Vive mejor.jpg (78KB, 499x460px) Image search: [Google]
Bebe mejor, Vive mejor.jpg
78KB, 499x460px
>>31877997
Checked again, but how would a conversation in a CIC on board a ship with railguns as it's primary and VLS as secondary play out? Both incoming and outgoing.

This has gone beyond informing my friend, I'm asking for writing purposes. I have nothing besides pic related to offer as payment for your services.
>>
>>31878129

What is wrong with you?

What did you "check" you fucking newfaggot? Go back to /b/, dubs on a slow board don't matter and also he didn't even havr any digits you idiot
>>
File: 1477502285750.png (614KB, 575x575px) Image search: [Google]
1477502285750.png
614KB, 575x575px
>>31878150
>What did you "check" you fucking newfaggot?
7997? It's two pairs of numbers and also it looks kind of neat? Also it's more difficult to get the same numbers bracketing a pair of numbers? I'd explain the odds to you but I honestly don't think you're very smart so it would be kind of a waste.

If you're so unbelievably triggered by me saying checked with that, refer to pic related when I look at your 18781 and smugly whisper, "witnessed," as I press this post button.
>>
>>31878129
I have no idea.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.