[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the deal with these?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5

File: charms-feat.jpg (61KB, 414x266px) Image search: [Google]
charms-feat.jpg
61KB, 414x266px
What's the deal with these?
>>
>>31874375
Same reason tankers don't like apricots.
>>
>>31874375
Trombley you motherfucker!
>>
Bad luck. Basically the wrap sticks to the candy and back when they were in ration packs the guys picking at a candy would get caught off guard (in theory).
Also, wiseass dudes probably thought it would be ironic to run with the gag that "charms" were in fact bad luck. Stupid military shit.
>>
>>31874375
The sun is called bob
>>
>>31874420

honestly that forced-tradition shit is so irritating. i see it a lot in fire service.
>>
>>31874420
I doubt there's any story behind it at all. Your 3rd sentence is probably the truth of it.
>>
>>31874375
Nice.
>>
The IRL equivalent of a forced meme.
>>
File: WhopperJr.jpg (18KB, 460x271px) Image search: [Google]
WhopperJr.jpg
18KB, 460x271px
>>31874397
>>
>>31874375
Bad luck shit. Plus they didn't taste good.

The only reason this board knows of them is Gen Kill. Which is accurate anyway, to a point.

Joined in 2006, Marines, and they were out of circulation.

God damn surge!
>Goes to Pandora, types in "it ain't me"
>>
File: 1420179750873.jpg (38KB, 700x500px) Image search: [Google]
1420179750873.jpg
38KB, 700x500px
>>31874420
I was in from 84 to 07 and never heard these are bad luck.

Nobody ate them because the wrappers are a pain in the ass and not worth fucking with.
>>
>>31875087
You do realize that they sell Charms in stores...right? They're not just a military thing.
>>
>>31875375
>>31875087
I used to see them in a hardware store I went to all the time.
>>
File: now-and-laters-300x202.jpg (32KB, 300x202px) Image search: [Google]
now-and-laters-300x202.jpg
32KB, 300x202px
I was never in the service, but if I remember correctly they are like white people now and laters right?

Speaking of, talking with a family member in the police, she was telling me that black gang members have been throwing now & laters before they start shooting each other now too.
>>
>>31875030
I could only imagine how fucking annoying that would be.
>See something harmless you'd enjoy
>Try to eat
>"LOL DUDE YOU CAN'T DO THAT BRAH"
>The fuck?
>"DON'T YOU KNOW THE TRADITION, BRAH!? PUT THAT SHIT THE FUCK AWAY BRAH!"
>>
>>31875432
>black gang members have been throwing now & laters before they start shooting each other
I know they have their own weird cukture and traditions, but someone really needs to make a documentary on some of these traditions. The meaning of shoes on telephone poles is still unclear. I hear they mark drug houses and where people have been killed and some other stuff.
>>
>>31875463
I think it's mostly to denote where somebody is dealing.
>>
>>31875432
>like white people now and laters
candy is candy dude, how you talk or your culture sure you can call it a black or white thing. But food is fucking food and ive never met white person that would turn their nose up at any food.
>>
>>31875484
I hear the spooks who drive the hoopdies are the read problem.
>>
>>31875432
>Implying White people don't know what the fuck Now and Laters are.
>>
>>31875463
I grew up on the 'po side of town with a fair few nogs. We mostly just did the shoe thing cuz it was fun to do with old kicks or to someone else's.
>>
>>31875520
Also, basically every other house in the area was a "drug house".
>>
>>31875399
I'm not surprised. I never said civilians couldn't access them. Hell I buy RipIts at the dollar store.
>>
I just bought one the other day. they taste exactly like lifesavers.
>>
>>31875375
Is it a regional product because I've never seen them in the Northwest.
>>
>>31876484
Look harder. Charms is an international brand
>>
>>31874390
Amtrackers don't like them either. Got my lulz after welding them inside the AAVs.
>>
>>31875331
>>31874420
just eat the wrapper. like put the entire piece of candy and wrap in your mouth and chew. then either spit out the plastic or swallow it. It wont hurt you, youll shit it out later.

its reasons like this that people in the military are retarded.
>>
>>31877975
>eats plastic because too lazy to unwrap shit
>Hurr durr the military is retarded

Did you gnaw on paint brushes as a child?
>>
>>31878005
no, paint isnt nutritious retard.
>>
>>31875432
now and laters are just the poor man's starburst

many a time have I opened a now and later and expected a juicy starburst, but met a rock-hard "chewable" candy
>>
>>31878012
>but crayons and glue are.

Spotted the muhreen
>>
>>31875550
>Hell I buy RipIts at the dollar store.

I really don't know why but they sold them here in canadian dollar stores too (at least the one near me), until I think the store got a lawsuit threat or something from an angry mom who's kid got hospitalized for a bit because he thought it would be a great idea to chug several of them, I'm talking about those full sized large cans.
>>
>>31877975
>just put the chicken in the blender
>don't worry about feathers and bones and shit, you'll just poop it out anyway
>only an autist would bother using a fork and knife to eat their dinner

"because it doesn't hurt me" isn't a valid reason to be a sped
>>
>>31875375
After seeing them on mreinfo my kid demanded I go find some.
>>
File: avatar_dc51f25dd267_512.png (298KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
298KB, 512x512px
>>31878021
>He doesn't understand the entire fucking point of a Now and Later is to have your jolly rancher turn into a Starburst when you least expect it
>>
>>31877975
Haha do you also bite into a wrapped Hershey's bar to be more convenient too?
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.