[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Benelli supernova

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

File: HPIM0583.jpg (233KB, 1024x778px) Image search: [Google]
HPIM0583.jpg
233KB, 1024x778px
I've been looking for a home defense scattergun and I've sort of narrowed it down to the supernova or the 590A1. why should or shouldn't I buy the Benelli supernova?
>>
Don't know, I like mine but I have a field model.

I never liked how fucking rattly the 590A1 is. The Benelli fits me better, and won't rust if you live in a humid area like I do.
>>
>>31874014
I've made the mistake of buying Benelli twice. I bought a Nova pump with a 28" barrel and that thing cuts my shells to shreds and jams up 60% of the time. Then I went ahead and wasted my fucking money on an M2 for 3-gun that won't cycle ANYTHING. 2 3/4 AA, 3" high brass, slugs, buck, nothing will cycle. Every time I pull the trigger, round gets jammed up half way into the chamber. M2 is back out for the 3rd time to try to get this shit fixed. I gave up on my Nova. Now I just single load it and shoot trap with it.

Don't bother with anything Benelli.
>>
>>31874029
Coastal Maine. Humidity isn't too bad, but salt water is a bitch.
>>31874074
I've head of problems with feeding, but never obliterating shells, Thanks for the info
>>
>>31874074

my supernova has never done any of that, never had a jam or a misfeed, eats everything i feed it no problem. did you try and get it checked or warrantied?
>>
>>31874282
I had my Nova sent in once to gander mountain to get "fixed" which didn't fix shit. I sent it to benelli twice and got it back the first time with my barrel scratched to shit, same problem. Second time, I put a little masking tape in so if they took the thing apart, it would have torn. Came back in one piece. Pretty obvious they didn't even bother looking at it before sending it back. I'm hoping third time is the charm with my M2, but I don't expect much.
>>
>>31874256
>Coastal Maine. Humidity isn't too bad, but salt water is a bitch.

Maine. You can have basically anything.

I'd love to recommend extended mag tube 870 Marine Magnum Stainless. But yea, a Benelli guy won't like. :)
>>
>>31874340
..may I add, it's not *shiny* like mirror polished nickel or chrome (or gold or silver) so on a sunny day there will be no major distracting glare disturbing your eyes.
>>
>>31874340
I just don't like the controls on 870s. Other than that generally fine shotguns.
>>
>>31874509
Yea. Go for your liking, Mainer. :)
>>
>>31874256
the supernova/nova have huge 3.5" chambers so the stroke is pretty long, I think people short stroke them leading to feeding issues

it ain't me though but if it was I've had my eye on the beretta 1301 which isn't that much more than a 590a1
>>
>>31874646
I want to like the beretta 1301, but that double feed issue if you accidently hit the bolt release blocks the lifter scares me.

I've never heard of issues with benelli though...are you sure you not hitting the button under the forend?

M2 is sensitive to weight since it's basically like a glock, so if you mount too much shit like a huge shell carrier, optics and a tactical light, you might have problems.

I really wish mossberg chrome lined their barrels.

If they ever make a mariner version of the 930 spx, I'll get that.
>>
As an owner of both a benelli supernova and a 590a1 I'd personally say get the benelli. I've never had feeding issues on either gun, the fit and finish is way nicer on the benelli than the 590a1 though.
>>
Its basically a toss up. I've never heard a problem with a benelli pump until this thread, but I've never heard of a problem with a mossberg period so I dunno.

For reference I own a 7 shot mossberg 500, no problems over a decade of use.
>>
>>31874814
yes I am aware of what you're talking about that was a concern of mine but there are now bolt release guards that prevent you from hitting the back part of the bolt release which causes the mag tube dump

and no I am not referring to hitting the mag tube disconnect on the nova/supernova, the pump stroke is just very long since the chamber is 3.5". the mag tube disconnect is also pretty fucking hard to accidentally depress.

>>31874816
like said, the supernova/nova fit and finish are great. supernova has the advantage of not being molded into the stock in case you want to change the furniture, but the tradeoff is that the supernova is a little clunkier
>>
File: 20160807_165237.jpg (2MB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
20160807_165237.jpg
2MB, 2592x1944px
>>31874014
I've got the 14" barrelled version. It works very well, handles and shots like a dream, and has never jammed on me.

That said, I want to sell it and use the money for a down-payment on an M4 Super 90 since I don't have a need for 3.5" meme shells and the M4 Super90 is gucci as fuck.
>>
>>31874074
My SBE II works like a dream.
>>
File: IMG_0752-1.jpg (69KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0752-1.jpg
69KB, 1024x768px
I don't know if anyone can confirm, But I've also heard that Benelli's barrels dent easily. Is this true?
>>
>>31876621
Benelli barrels are the thickest ones I've seen by a large margin. I can't imagine those denting
>>
>>31874074
my nova did this, glad im not the only one.
>>
I have a SuperNova Tactical that I've been using for about 4 years now, formerly as a bear defense gun and now general scattergat since I no longer live in bear country, but dindu country.

I bought it because I was keeping 3.5 inch slugs in it for Yogi alerts, but also because its a very comfortable shotgun in general. I love the controls on it and I love how long the forearm is on it. A wide variety of people I've let shoot it like it for that reason, short arms hold further back on the pump, fat orangutans like me hold it way far out.

I recently participated in a 3 gun match and kept up with the auto guns running my supernova, so anybody that tells you about stroke length slowing you down or whatever is full of wank and doesn't train enough.

All that said, I've always wanted a 590A1 because they're just fucking awesome. I don't have one because I'm poor and I don't need two tactical scattergats in my life right now.

You'll like both, but I really love my supernova.

Oh and get the 590a1 if you're wrong-handed. Tang safety and whatnot.
>>
File: 140417453547.jpg (349KB, 2592x1456px) Image search: [Google]
140417453547.jpg
349KB, 2592x1456px
>>31874340
>extended mag tube
>>
>>31875051

Gimme a pic of that completely collapsed, please.
>>
File: 177655446.png (2MB, 1552x1440px) Image search: [Google]
177655446.png
2MB, 1552x1440px
With a Bellini you can lose it in a boating accident and then pull it from the muck to be crowned king of the pond.
>>
>>31875051
Silly leafposter, the m4 and super90 are different guns!
>>
590A1 rusts too easily i have even seen rust in the berrel straight from the factory.
>>
>>31879848

Boy anon, you sure misspelled "Remington 870"!
>>
>>31878368
That was a good thread
>>
>>31878368
What?
>>
>>31880173

Post caps
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.