[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Improvised Suppressor Information Purposes Only

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

What's up /k/

So it looks like the shiny design could be useful for an improvised type suppressor.

1. aluminum rod, drill and tap for threads centering as best you can.
2. drill holes down through the rod across the bore as pictured
3. hose clamp or otherwise pin a tube around the outside

Without steel threads how many rounds before it flies off?
>>
atf pls ppplllllllllllssssssssssssss go
>>
File: atf please.png (55KB, 794x281px) Image search: [Google]
atf please.png
55KB, 794x281px
>>31873954
Looks heavy as fuck.
>>
>>31874001
Aluminium is light as fuck
>>
>>31873960
File your Form 1 first retard.
>>
>>31874001
>aluminum outer tube
>rifle rounds
>>
>>31874001
You would also need a puck of metal and a threading die to cut the light tube threads onto it, before drilling and tapping for the 1/2-28.

Stop shitposting.
>>
>>31873954
Is the cheapest way to (legally) into a suppressor right now currently the cadiz filter thing? you buy the adapter (was $75 bucks, not sure about now) and register that as a suppressor ($200), and then you can attach oil filters and shoot suppressed that way, right? Is that the cheapest option?
>>
>>31874481
$15 Solvent trap adapter + one of those long, thin fuel filters.

Just etch a serial number onto the adapter and register that.
>>
Heh, the one on the left looks like a weaponized anal beads mould
>>31874538
You have to register the filter itself not the adapter from my understanding
>not that anything can stop you from just re-etching the serial number on a different filter if the other one gives out
>>
>>31874602
Could you etch a Serial # 1 into the adapter and filter, and then just swap out the filter and etch a 1 into the new one? Register the whole filter+adapter as a suppressor.

On a side note, I wasn't aware we could manufacture our own suppressors and register them. I could build a real, user serviceable suppressor from plans I found online and just register that then, right?
>>
>>31874602
You can register the adapter BUT you NEED the correct SOT to change suppressor "cores". By all means register a solvent trap, just know to stay legal you will need to send it to an FFL with the correct SOT to replace the oil filter every couple of shots.
>>
>>31874667
>I could just.....

One does not "just" do anything with the ATF. Yes you can apply to the ATF to get approved to build a suppressor, SBR, DD, or AOW, and then build it if approved.

The paper work and sheer bureucratic buttfuck is going to take 6 to 10 months before you can start.
>>
Just buy one of those kits. Nothing wrong with freeze plugs
>>
>>31874941
Could always pay them more and have the money marked to go to processing clerks only. Had that happen in my state, wait time was cut down to 3 months for first timers and 2 weeks for seconders, as decided by the LGS. Actual processing time took about 4 days from receipt.
>>
>>31876132
What are you talking about? The rest of us are talking about the BATFE tax stamp process.
>>
>>31876132
Are you talking about the ATF? Because there is NO provision in the NFA process for paying clerks to prioritize your shit.

That would be called bribing federal officials, and is in fact a felony.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.