[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey guys! I am considering purchasing my first firearm and CZ

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: CZ_455_JAGUAR_3DA-800.jpg (14KB, 800x432px) Image search: [Google]
CZ_455_JAGUAR_3DA-800.jpg
14KB, 800x432px
Hey guys! I am considering purchasing my first firearm and CZ 455 .17 HMR would be my first choice.

It's a bolt action action with a small 5 bullets magazine. I would get something semi-automatic like SKS but getting a license for that is pretty hard in my country.

Would the gun be decent for self defense? I am unfamiliar with callibers besides knowing that .22 is mostly non lethal. My other pick would be a .308 bolt action Ruger Any thoughts or help would be much appreciated.
>>
>>31873338
Think about it this way
The three calibers you mentioned are measured in diameter by inches meaning that a .22 is .22 of an inch in diameter. Same with .17 and .308
Now can you kill with .17 even though it's smaller than .22? Sure you can, just as you can kill with .22
Of course to a lot easier to kill with bigger rounds so .308 is going to be best bet
The REAL limiting factor here is that you're looking exclusively at bolt actions. Self defense is all about a good mix between good aim and unloading as many projectiles at your target until it stops moving ergo higher capacity=easier ded
If you want self defense the best bet is a pistol or semi auto but you said that it's hard to get in your country so you may want to check laws on self defense too, usually you never get cucked in just one way
>>
>>31873410
Wait but .17 HMR looks bigger than .22 and google says it is faster and more powerful.

Is it more deadly than .22 or isnt it?
>>
>>31873520

Lets just say I would let you shoot me with both of those calibers in the chest for a billion dollars. Not for any other caliber
>>
>>31873520
They both can kill
They can also not kill
It depends really on where you hit
.17hmr has a lot more power behind it and will probably kill easier but the most sure fire way to kill something again is to shoot a lot
If you're really limited to the options you gave then .308 is probably the best bet
If you're limited by money, 17hmr is cheaper than .308 and .22lr is cheaper than all.
since I'm assuming this is home defense It'll be a lot easier with smaller rounds that won't give you tinnitus when you shoot in enclosed spaces, but really any choice will do you fine if you can aim properly and shoot enough, practice that.
>>
File: 17-HMR-vs-22LR.jpg (70KB, 800x798px) Image search: [Google]
17-HMR-vs-22LR.jpg
70KB, 800x798px
>>31873574
No please explain this to me. .17HMR looks bigger and deadlier here than .22 LR

Which is deadlier? The gun comes in both calibers. Is it really that weak? 2 shots wouldnt put you down?
>>
>>31873599
Anything to the head will put you down
>>
>>31873599
.17 HMR is a smaller lighter bullet but going faster.
>>
>>31873588
I am limited by money. I have around 700$ to spend . 455CZ is 500$ and Ruger .308 is 700$ in my country.

Semi automatic weapons require a more special license unless if they are pistols. But all the cheap pistols are .22 caliber and all 9mm guns are around 800$
>>
>>31873678
Have you considered a shotgun?
>>
>>31873338
>Would the gun be decent for self defense?
No, it wouldn't.
>>
>>31873599

Im not a ballistic scientist. Im just telling you that if i have to get shot, the smaller and slower(!), the better. I dont want to get shot by .223 bc its going almost double the speed of the .22lr
>>
File: Ie17FZ6.gif (1MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
Ie17FZ6.gif
1MB, 320x240px
>>31873599
There are a million factors at play when determining what kills better
the biggest and most important factor will ALWAYS be shot placement

a lot of these other factors can be situational too

for example at close range a .17 may be less deadly than a .22 because its increase in power may mean that the bullet is more likely to pass through the target giving them a greater chance to survive the shot

either way both rounds will cause some form of permanent damage to the target
>>
>>31873599
Idk why everyone is beating around the bush. .17HMR has more muzzle energy than .22lr so all factors equal, its better for defense.
>>
>>31873520
The casing for .17hmr is bigger but the actual bullet itself (the projectile at the end of the casing) is smaller .22lr bullets are larger than the bullets that .17hmr rounds have. However, .17hmr has more muzzle velocity than .22lr, meaning that the bullet goes a lot faster. So it's up to you, do you want a faster bullet or a bigger bullet? Or, do you want both? .308 is faster and much larger than either .22lr or .17hmr, and therefore much, much more powerful.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.