[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have 5 acres of mostly wooded land in northern Minnesota. I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 10

File: Screenshot 2016-11-01 12.27.41.jpg (284KB, 873x598px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot 2016-11-01 12.27.41.jpg
284KB, 873x598px
I have 5 acres of mostly wooded land in northern Minnesota. I do not consider Minnesota winter sufficient to keep undesirables from what's mine. Draw how you would fortify my land if money and time machines to any point in the past were no object.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (430KB, 801x996px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
430KB, 801x996px
More zoomed in, and without house and driveway outlined.
>>
>>31872901
>>31872912
build wall
>>
Oh, also, neighbors to left are 420 friendly and to the right are business associates, so try to keep that in mind when placing claymores.
>>
>>31872912
Had you considered that posting your home address on 4chan may be a bad idea?
>>
Build a wall
>>
>>31873148
Yes, so I didn't do it.
>>
wall
>>
>>31873217
Yes you did. Anyone who gives a fuck can find you from those images alone, much less that you gave them the state to make it easy.
>>
>>31873250
So do it.
>>
File: PERSEC.png (3MB, 1452x730px) Image search: [Google]
PERSEC.png
3MB, 1452x730px
>>31873217

C'mon, man.

It's the current year.
>>
>>31873217
498th St
Bemidji, MN 56601

Srsly tho, at least erase the street names from your stuff.
>>
>>31873260
Fine. How's Benji this time of year OP? Would you like your lat/long coordinates?
>>
>>31873279
>Benji
Damn autocorrect, I MEANT Bemidji.

So OP, you're saying you're a prepper then? Us Southern MNans could use a good place to bug out to with lots of supplies ready for us to eat.
>>
I'll be hunting opening weekend around The Midge, expecting mid fifties and sunny, will be pretty baller.

Also, you don't have to worry about feathers as much as nignogs.
>>
>>31873265
>>31873268
>>31873279
Good job, guys. It's not like I live here and might have some additional information that you're missing, but whatever, try ordering some pizzas and see what happens.

>>31873291
I got the place pretty recently, so I haven't been able to do much yet. I do have a very respectable basement though. Come on up and we'll get this place whipped into shape in no time.
>>
>>31873217

I'm disappointed in you OP.
>>
>>31873306
With Red, Leech, and Cass Lake reservations surrounding us? Walk into our Walmart on EBT day and tell me the nigs are the problem.
>>
>>31873310

I don't think anyone's going to prank you, /k/ is one of the most tame boards on this site. I've seen dozens of inadvertent doxxings over the years and I've never heard anything come of them.
>>
>>31873344
>post in edc thread
>accidently forgot to blur out keys

What do?
>>
Wagner Plumbing and Heating will be out tomorrow at 9AM to fix your water heater OP

make sure you're home :)
>>
>>31873344
Oppenheimer had a bad doxx.

>>31873310
Bit busy now, but don't worry, once SHTF happens I'll show up. My car's a bit small though so it'll just be me and a few friends, not much room for more than us and our guns.
>>
>>31873370
>Oppenheimer had a bad doxx.

The mods got it under wraps real quick. I never saw any of the info in the aftermath.
>>
>>31873344
I've seen what a handful of bored anons can do if they put their minds to it, I figured they'd be able to find it on a map. Doesn't matter, I used to work for a survey company. I know things none of these guys will ever be able to find out about this place, so I'm not worried.

>>31873366
Could have at least gotten the guys who screwed me over on my septic system to waste their time instead

>>31873370
Do you and me a favor and let me know that the car full of armed neets is you before you come charging in
>>
>>31872901
EARTHENWORKS
BUILD FORTIFICATIONS

TRENCHES, TUNNELS, AND GIANT EARTHEN RAMPS
>>
File: liquors-interior.jpg (107KB, 1000x288px) Image search: [Google]
liquors-interior.jpg
107KB, 1000x288px
>>31873217
I live in Florida never been to your state took me three minutes

I'd like to stop by the liquor store and pick up some Bärenjäger Honey Liqueur they should have it... maybe some Jack Daniel's Tennessee Honey and since we are close to Christmas I would suggest Medos Honey Vodka. Those would be excellent to drink while contemplating the fence you need to put up.

Seriously a fence with some passive surveillance would be good. Since your property line is long. Around your immediate house I suggest a more durable ironwork fence that you could shot thru. A shelter for your cars preferred a stonework or brick garage and some form of protected access to it from the house.

So drink your beverage and think passive defenses.
>>
>>31873265
Hints good ... actual posting of info bad...
>>
>>31873342

Yeah but all they really do is raid Walmart/Goodwill then go back to the Rez. They are annoying, especially in school where they behave just like blacks.

The thing is I work in downtown minneapolis now and compared to the googles i see everyday around here i kinda miss the small town riff raff.

If there is a happening expect all the garbage from canada (toronto) to come pouring down on you.
>>
>>31872901
Two. Words.
SCORCHED EARTH
Also, good job on doxing yourself. I'm sure no one on /k/ will ever make prank calls to the local ATF about you owning illegal machine guns and being a dog breeder.
>>
>>31873606
I'm just considering sending him dildos and shit
>>
>>31873587
Oof, I hadn't thought of the Canucks. Thanks for that. Invite is still open to ya, friendo.

>>31873606
Well I've gotta grow food here too, so no thanks. Local atf would probably just stop by out of curiosity and jealousy.

>>31873616
If you do it, I will put one up my bum and post pics with timestamp. That's a promise.
>>
>>31873648
You don't even know what you've gotten your bunghole into boyo
>>
>>31873677
Teach me, daddy
>>
>>31873310
I used to live in Bemidji near the cop shop. You're south of town, near Beehive liquor and that shitty old gas station on the corner of 9 and 71.

That's a trailer house. Are you digging a basement for it? And if you are, are you digging a connecting tunnel to your outbuilding? To be honest you're outside of town so you really don't need to worry about the natives trying to steal your shit too much.
>>
>>31872901
Okay so you have a pretty significant amount of trees between you and avenues of approach. This creates a limited line of sight and provides plenty of cover for people.

Ideally you should
>Make the land as flat as possible to avoid terrain for people to hide in
>Install some sort of alert system to let you know that people are coming (tin cans with rocks in them, shotgunshell "alarm" systems, IR motion lights,etc) throughout the forest
>Clear more area around your immediate home
>Install a vehicle barrier at your front entrance or some other method of slowing incoming vehicles
I can keep going if you'd like
>>
>>31873705
Oh, R&R Arms isn't too far from you. They're mostly online stuff but you can fingerfuck a couple cool things in there. Last I saw they had a (semi) RPK, a FAL and some Dragunov/Tigr knockoff.
>>
>>31873705
Yup and yup. Took the trailer off, dug and poured a basement, moved another house onto it and then remodeled the house. Outbuildings are three shitty sheds that the previous owner had no idea how to build correctly, so a tunnel to them would be useless. I'm probably just going to burn them down. Using one right now to house my wife's goats.

>>31873723
>make the land as flat as possible
It's Minnesota, done
>perimeter alarms
yup
>clear around home
I've actually got a pretty good yard around the house, you can't really see it because a few big oaks cover it from above
>vehicle barrier
I was actually thinking of putting in a concrete block drainage channel across my driveway and then having a retractable steel spike strip that I could lever up through a grate inside it.

Please keep going
>>
>>31873363
Wait.
Offer lube.
>>
>>31873778
Just sold them a 3d printer, actually. One of them is a tenant I manage. Nice guys.
>>
>>31873796
The tall lanky guy? He's good stuff. The woman isn't a very good salesperson though. Always on the damn phone and ignoring customers.
>>
>>31873796
You're lucky as fuck if you got it for the 80k it's listed for. I wish my mortgage was 400 bucks a month, goddamn.
>>
>>31873811
Well the one i know best is a new guy who I've known for a while, but yeah, I met the lanky guy.

>>31873827
Property + trailer for 29k, sold trailer for 5k, bought and moved house for 17k from guy I sold the trailer to. With basement and remodel I'm at about 110k for a 3k sqft house on 5 lovely acres.
>>
plant a dense thorny thicket.
>>
I was thinking about the native situation though. It seems that if there was a happening they would pillage each other first. Then the strong survivors would emerge and become a roving band of raiders.

I'd be more concerned about armed/trained white preppers ( there are quite a few up there I know of ) who know the land and even a fireteam of them could crack any relatively secure fortification.

IMHO out of sight + out of mind > eyesore fortress when it comes to surviving. Maybe bury a railcar 20 feet underground innawoods somewhere.
>>
>>31873779
>I was actually thinking of putting in a concrete block drainage channel across my driveway and then having a retractable steel spike strip that I could lever up through a grate inside it.
You can also make removable bollards for cheap.

>install 3M hurricane glass flim
>harden all door jams
>install quality deadbolts
>install night locks or additional anti-kick supports
>motion triggered lights on outside of house
>no bird feeders/salt licks
>use new basement to construct a concrete block safe room for holding guns
>generator with a serious muffler (too far north for solar to be worth a damn)

>>31873860
>Maybe bury a railcar 20 feet underground innawoods somewhere.
10ga corrugated steel pipe can be placed 39 feet under ground and hold the weight of a loaded train ontop
>>
>>31873851
You lucky bastard. Although you're on a non-artery road so enjoy getting plowed the fuck in when MNDOT comes through in the winter. You sound like you're already a local so you probably knew that already.
>>
>>31872944
>No claymores
What you probably meant was all of the claymores, place that along with a mine field, make dummy trails and make your very own DMZ around your property.
>>
>>31873860
The natives are lazy. They'll pillage town first and stay there for months. You're more than 5 miles outside of town, I don't think they'd come that far. Or if they did they'd head northeast to Turtle Lake and the rich district near Lake Bemidji.
>>
File: star-fort54048.jpg (247KB, 610x406px) Image search: [Google]
star-fort54048.jpg
247KB, 610x406px
>>31872901

Something like this, but smaller.
>>
One understated defense tactic to obscure your road access. If SHTF you walk out pull up mailbox and obscure your drive way entrance. If you have two layers of fencing letting the outer layer get a protective layer of visibility blocking plant life is good. Folks may not know your there. some light and sound control and city folks would have problem finding your place.
>>
>>31873860
Hm. I'd better start considering my options for booby trapping my house then as well.

>>31873883
got a four wheeler with plow at my disposal

>>31873881
always with the burying shit in the ground. I've got enough /diy/ experience to know not to do that. But I like your other suggestions.

>>31873909
This is the kind of shit I was hoping for with this thread, but all I got was everyone waving their google dicks around. Thank you.

>>31873908
Yeah, the rich fucks on Birchmont Drive will have a very rude awakening.

>>31873924
Good idea, but not really an option for me. All addresses are marked with a fire number sign, and my driveway had to be widened greatly to bring the house in.
>>
>>31873881
>burying
>in MN
Frost wrecks shit if you don't bury it deep enough.

>>31873970
>Bitchmont Drive
They'll earn every bit of it too. Fucking snobs, you just know them when they come into town.

To be honest you really aren't in that hazardous of a spot OP. I lived in the heart of Bemidji twice and never had any problems, I doubt being out in the country will make it any worse for you. If you really want it I'd second the earthworks suggestion though. If nothing else you could dig a berm in your backyard and have a place to shoot for free.
>>
>>31872901
This is retarded. You're in rural Minnesota, not Chiraq
>>
>>31872901
Just build an wall and put electrical fencing over it faggot
>>
I'm coming for your booty OP
>>
>>31873970
What do you do for work OP? Is it something that might get you enemies or some shit?
>>
>>31873851
>Property + trailer for 29k, sold trailer for 5k, bought and moved house for 17k from guy I sold the trailer to. With basement and remodel I'm at about 110k for a 3k sqft house on 5 lovely acres.
Thats pretty neat OP. Did you take out a mortgage for the whole process?
>>
>>31872901
bared/razorwire right on the ground, with of it buried under and caught on shrubs to keep it in place.
Tripwires/piano wires placed between trees at random locations, just below knee height. Try to keep them from sight.
As for the road, custom built howitzer loaded with coiled barbed wire, pointed straight down the road. Could keep it right by the house.
I recommend filling the emtry, treeless section at the back of your plot with 7ft deep holes covered overtop by first a layer of strong fishing net, then a layer of barbed/razorwire, and then a layer of leaves and light soil to hide it. I recommend 12 of these to be built.
>>
>>31873587
Where do you work in downtown?
I live in Anoka county and need a better job. I hate construction.
>>
>>31874196
nah just thinking k thoughts

>>31874277
yeah construction loan
>>
>>31873310
Brainerd bro here. When you start construction id be down to lend a hand.
>>
>>31875057
Construction's mostly done, but you're welcome to come over. [email protected]
>>
File: makeshiftbunker.jpg (344KB, 796x4075px) Image search: [Google]
makeshiftbunker.jpg
344KB, 796x4075px
dont forget your perimeter stations!
>>
File: 1462167664784.jpg (107KB, 610x813px) Image search: [Google]
1462167664784.jpg
107KB, 610x813px
Theoretically, you could build a moat-style pit around your house and plant signs on the driveway to "stick to main path; rare frog location" and tell your friendly neighbors about it. If you don't hunt, build a fence to keep dogs out.
>>
File: kult of kek.jpg (95KB, 436x600px) Image search: [Google]
kult of kek.jpg
95KB, 436x600px
>>31875396
>stick to main path; rare frog location
OP's house is defended by Lord Kek himself?
>>
Can we make fortifa/k/ations/ general a regular thing?
>>
>>31875097
Wait, are you the Bemidji bro that is the EMT?
>>
>>31875396
You know, I guess I hadn't tried a meaningful dialogue before going straight to punji sticks smeared with my poop in my mind. I shall place wood-carved signs politely asking people to not trespass upon my land as it is for their own moral benefit. I'll adorn these signs with petunias planted around their bases.

>>31875440
Yes indeed, Our Lord Kek lives in Bemidji, MN. I would have told you but it slipped my mind.

>>31875527
I've had fun. Do it.
>>
>>31875609
No, but I'd be glad to meet him. Is he on /k/?
>>
>>31875636
He's a self professed /k/ommando, I don't know how often he's on or if he'd look at this thread but he's around.
>>
>>31875660
I never thought I'd say this, but I'm kind of glad people doxxed me on 4chan today.
>>
>>31872901
Turn house into a decoy house, build several stories underground with an entrance hidden in a tree or something.
>>
>>31873370
>>31873370
piece of shit what about your family? please take one of your guns and shoot yourself in the head. your family will be better off without you.
>>
>>31872901
Build a raised trench around the house so the raised portion is about thigh high, dig it so you can still stand in your trench. Place wood spikes into the outside of the wall. Try to rig up some form of drainage to prevent your trench from flooding and plant ground cover concealing your spikes. If you can cement your trench then do so. If you can cover it except for firing ports basically making it a bunker ring around your house not visible from the air as anything more than a berm around the house that's even better.

Make caltrops you can easily spread if need be. Cover them in juices made from blended carolina reapers (or the hottest peppers/chilies you can get your hands on). The idea is when you get one of these inside your foot the real suffering is coming making your friends think twice.

Rig cameras on all four sides and all four corners of the house as well as motion detectors.

If your neighbors are cool work with them for a shtf plan based around your central location between them.

Build a nice large wall along the back half of your property and top it with climbing deterrents like razor wire and sharpened spikes. If you do it around your whole property make sure the portions visible from the road look innocent enough yet still nasty to a potential intruder. If your neighbors are cool enough that you really trust them build them both a secure gate in to your property.

Build a small greenhouse right next to your house with a hydroponics system in it, grow food.

Build and set up an air raid siren on your property. There's several videos on how to do this on youtube. If nothing else if there's ever a tornado you can use this to fire off a warning yourself.

Try and fireproof your house as much as you can.

Buy a tank or other armored vehicle, gun doesn't need to work, the rest does.
>>
File: 1473748050672s.jpg (4KB, 125x119px) Image search: [Google]
1473748050672s.jpg
4KB, 125x119px
>>31872901

I'm in lake george, bit of a drive but if SHTF team?

I'm coming over either way.
>>
>OP leaks location

>kommando's say their coming over SHTF expecting to raid OP

>OP turns house into trap for Kommandos and takes all your shit instead

OP you genius.
>>
>>31872944
disappear the folk on the left and all they left behind was the bill of sale for their property ($3.50).
Put neone pink paracord all round your property at chest hight with signs saying 'crossing this line is consenting to rapeplay involving you receiving spitlubed anal: no safewords allowed'.
>>
Probably have some concrete barriers for the driveway, and if S does HTF, some spare ones to block off the main road to the left of the pic. I'm guessing the front would be mostly vehicles that you'd try to stop.

For the rear and for the people on foot, make some barriers-that-don't-look-like-barriers to funnel in people on foot into a few locations, then you can either trap it later, or install some sort of detection mechanism. Depending on what you want, could be anything from trail cams to tripwires rigged up to church bells.
>>
>>31873310
Minneapolis bro here, willing to contribute guns and welding if needed.
>>
>>31878240
>Leaves family
>Why did you leave them? They're better off without you

Why
>>
>>31872901
OP, my grandparents live literally a mile away from there at the gas station/weird ass old restaurant that I cant remember because its been 6 years since over been there along the main road because there's only one road.

Its quite refreshing seeing someone from Bemidji, though.

Btw, you'll have 10 pizza incoming in about 5 hours, so get your money ready, I'm having the payment be cash. Just for you.
>>
>>31878915
>>>31873217 #
>24161
>498th St
>Bemidji, MN 56601
>Srsly tho, at least erase the street names from your stuff.
Pizzas don't deliver there
>>
>>31872901
Big Poppa Wisconsin here. Who wants to fuck with Minnesota niggers?

Stay away from Great Lakes also. That's my territory.
>>
Its cool that I now know about an isolated house in northern minnesota, with heavy tree cover obscuring nosy neighbors, where there are almost certainly valuable firearms to steal
>>
>>31878361
:)

>>31878989
I'm so happy you tried, though

>>31879031
Again, the neighbors are cool. You'd be better off having a few more allies on your flanks.

At this point, there's enough /k/fags in my area that I'm declaring a meetup. I posted on craigslist asking about the EMT guy, but anyone else who feels like hanging out should respond as well.
Thread posts: 85
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.