[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

new to weapons need help

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 8

File: LatronPrime.png (122KB, 780x450px) Image search: [Google]
LatronPrime.png
122KB, 780x450px
so i never handeled anny non-air guns before but i kind of like the idea of learning to handle a weapon that behaves and is handeled simmilar to pic related.

(probably only gamers can help me out on this one)
>>
I play extensive vidya and ttg and I have no clue what the shit that thing is

Looks like some kind of energy weapon, if so you are shit out of luck you fucking dweeb
>>
>>31871449
it is a rifle from Warframe. it shoots bullets and not energy. the name is LATRON PRIME maybe that helps.
>>
A few things OP
1. Don't base your first gun purchase on vidya, especially not warframe
2.the closest thing you'll get to a latron prime is a 5.56 carbine.
>>
>>31871505
well i just like the idea of a weapon that is not crazy fastfiering or fucking slow. a good middelthing and the latron is the best example i could think of.

also thanks for the IRL counterpart.
>>
>>31871536
Sounds like you need to get more educated in real firearms first.
>>
>>31871536
>crazy fast firing
Full auto is hard to acquire and in most cases illegal
>too slow
If you mean time between firing each round then you really should reconsider buying a gun if "too slow" is a part of it for you
>>
File: 15987-DEFAULT-L.jpg (43KB, 900x500px) Image search: [Google]
15987-DEFAULT-L.jpg
43KB, 900x500px
is it this thing? looks dope as fuck!
>>
>>31871553
i mean slow like a rocketlauncher or a massive sniperrifle
>>
File: area 51 ufo alien.jpg (33KB, 960x448px) Image search: [Google]
area 51 ufo alien.jpg
33KB, 960x448px
>>31871561
>>31871577
>>
>>31871561
A 5.56 carbine isn't a specific gun, a carbine is a type of assault rifle and 5.56 is the caliber
>>31871577
Please don't buy a gun if this is how you think of them
>>
File: IMG_1825.png (55KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1825.png
55KB, 625x626px
>>31871577
>>
>>31871591
i was just interrested what the irl counterpart is. guns are too expensive to me. just learning on a rangewould be fun tho.
>>
>>31871577
I would strongly recommend you educate yourself on real firearms before you go out and buy stuff, you don't really sound like you have any idea what you're talking about, no offense
>>
>>31871606
Well I really suggest you start off with something more reasonable for a first gun. Like a pistol. 9mm is the usual first buy, but don't get too weird for a first pistol. Don't spring for 5.7 or 10mm, stick to 9mm, .22, .357, .38 special, .40 or .45
>>
>>31871612
>>31871627
lik i already mentioned i would like to LEARN how to handle them. but not buy them... too much money for me.
>>
>>31871591
>a carbine is a type of assault rifle

WROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG
>>
>>31871653
Alright kid, here is the simple version

What you are looking at is a semi-automatic carbine, this one >>31871561 is a pretty good example of what you're looking for

Semi-automatic means that you get one shot per pull of the trigger. You will not find anyting "faster" available to civilians, like burst fire (usually 3 shots per trigger press) or fully auto (keeps shooting as long as the trigger is pressed)

What you are referring to as "slower" is because they either have to be reloaded after every shot (launcher) or have a bolt that needs to be cocked to eject the spent casing and ready the new one (what you refer to as a sniper rifle)

If you want to learn more about weapons you can go to your local range and ask around, or ask the /k/ommandos here, though that is less advisable

Any more questions?
>>
>>31871449
It's literally just a semiautomatic rifle.
>>
File: maga-globe.gif (4MB, 500x466px) Image search: [Google]
maga-globe.gif
4MB, 500x466px
>>31871376
AR-15 if you can tolerate being hit by a baby
AK-47 if you can tolerate being hit by a little girl
22LR if you are a mexican
Air rifle if you are a pedo
>>
>>31871653
Your only choice is to rent at a range, assuming you have a range near you that allows it.

Seeing as you've never held a gun but want to shoot semi auto, ask for something in .22lr - a ruger10/22 would be a good choice.

A better idea would be to try a bolt action (or some other manual action) rifle because you need to manually cycle each round. Saves ammo, you'll shoot better.

Remember, learn the 4 rules of firearms and obey them. Not following them could very well kill someone - yourself or someone around you
>>
File: 1463435096155.jpg (150KB, 1844x1210px) Image search: [Google]
1463435096155.jpg
150KB, 1844x1210px
>>31871376
Fuck off stupid weeb
>>
>>31871850
thanks for the advice

>>31871857
>implying i am a weeb for showing a weapon from an american game
>>
>>31871376
Dude you really need to just research your guns. Once you do you'll realize the stuff you are saying is the most retarded stuff ever. Use wikipedia, google, youtube, anything. And just watch a ton of stuff so you stop saying things like >>31871577 and >>31871536 cause right now you sound like someone who just thinks they'll be cool if they get into guns. Firearms aren't toys, they aren't like videogames. They are fun yes, but they can and do kill people like you every year who don't do their research and think they can just pick one up. I can't stress enough how this stuff isn't a thing you just mess around with.
>>
>>31872066
i am fully aware that guns are a seriouse matter but i don't know much so i go from what i know : aka what guns i think could be nice to use/know how to use. also i am here so thats a first step to understanding guns.
>>
>>31872011
only weebs play games with that kind of autistic design
>>
>>31872144
nah the orokin design is dope. also i don't even know weebshit like japanese culture.
>>
>>31872092
And we're trying to tell you /k/ is not the right place to start. Come here to talk about guns, not to learn the basics cause you'll get ripped apart. Watch some history channel gun documentaries, R Lee shit, hickok45. You wouldn't go over to /o/ and ask "How do I cars? I want one like the batmobile! And I want ones with nitro but not too fast like need for speed" Cause that is essentially what you're doing here. Research the subject like a normal human being instead of asking others to do it for you.
>>
Holy shit I'm dying at how little some people know about firearms. Not judging OP as a person(probably a massive faggot) but it's still interesting to see how little the average joe knows about firearms

While aesthetically, a 5.56/.223(same thing, look it up OP) might appeal to you, it's not a good starting gun. Mostly because they're expensive, especially if you 1-don't know what to look for and 2-aren't even sure if you're actually in to IRL firearms. I won't say what you should get as a first firearm, but like other anon's said, YouTube and Google are your friends. Also, never look at just one source of information. Someone could be shilling for or hating on a specific product.

Don't run to /k/ to with every question that you have. As arrogant as it may sound, the informed should post, and the uninformed should lurk(keeps the board nice and uncluttered). As before, Google is your friend

Good luck, don't be a retard, and spread the love of all things /k/
>>
>>31872262
can confirm i am probably faggot for multiple things. not beeing gay tho. thx for the advice.

this thread can now die tho.
>>
>>31871376
Buy a hi point carbine. It's cheap, reliable and a great gun for someone starting out It's available in 9mm, 45 or 40. It also looks similar to the Latron
>>
File: dsc_0223_1.png (415KB, 1000x476px) Image search: [Google]
dsc_0223_1.png
415KB, 1000x476px
>>31872378
forgot pic
>>
>>31872365
If you do have some small questions go to the qtddtot thread don't make a whole thread to ask something like the difference between 5.56 and .223
>>
>>31872159
Orokin are the pseudo Chinese Japanese pimps of the Warframe universe who got shanked by their bitch Tenno.
>>
File: v4CMsyI.jpg (815KB, 1950x2504px) Image search: [Google]
v4CMsyI.jpg
815KB, 1950x2504px
>>31871376
Check this list, though it's kinda out dated. I suggest something simple and easy to repair.

Also, I personally like the Braton Prime more (bite me).

Don't forget to check your local gun laws. If your state requires it, do you have a license?
>>
>>31872011
Warframe is Canadian tho
>>
>>31872011
Warframe is a weeb game made by weebs.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.