[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Infantry movement

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 7

File: wall run.jpg (153KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
wall run.jpg
153KB, 640x640px
Is there a need for an improved method of locomotion for infantrymen?

Like the ability to move in a fully three dimensional manner (up a floor, down a floor). More and more wars will be conducted in urban environments, meaning tons of blocked off alleyways and chokepoints set up by the enemy.

Has anyone actually thought about addressing this with technological means or is everyone waiting for the first disaster to occur in a urban warzone?
>>
It's almost like infantry have these things called "explosives" and "ladders" that they can use to move around walls and buildings......woah
>>
>>31870900
>ladders
Slow and archaic
>Its almost like cavalry has these things called horses and cutlasses......whoa
That's you. That's what you sound like.
>>
>>31870878
>Like the ability to move in a fully three dimensional manner (up a floor, down a floor)

Yes, we called them stairs. In 3D even!
>>
>>31870913
>ladders
>Slow and archaic

You might be interested to learn that jump packs don't actually exist.
>>
>>31870913
>Reality isn't interesting enough for me so I'll be retarded: the post
>>
>>31870913
>Slow and archaic

As opposed to what you retard
>>
>>31870878
3d manouver gear does not and will never exist you fucking weeb

Anyway, we might get motorized grappling hooks eventually for scaling vertical surfaces but that is a long ways off
>>
>>31870965
Batman when.
>>
>>31870940
yet
>>
>>31870878
try doing those fancy parkour moves while you carry military gear
>>
File: exoskeleton1x2760.jpg (54KB, 600x593px) Image search: [Google]
exoskeleton1x2760.jpg
54KB, 600x593px
Currently exoskeletons are focused on improving strength, not mobility.

Mobility focuses exoskeletons are a lot more difficult to develop. And they wouldn't be for infantrymen, they are disposable personnel. This would be SOF only as they are already extremely expensive human assets.
>>
>>31870948
Wall running, double jumps and jetpacks, duh.
>>
>>31871042
yeah man, I mean just give them mech and shit, get some Neon Genesis Evangelion up in here
>>
File: jet packs.jpg (49KB, 1000x666px) Image search: [Google]
jet packs.jpg
49KB, 1000x666px
>>31871042
Jet packs are slow and terrible for manuevering.

Grapple hooks that don't suck shit would be more effective. But all grapple hooks suck shit.
>>
>>31871042

You try and freerun with plates and all your shit on your back, neverserved
>>
File: hyundai-robotic-exoskeleton.jpg (62KB, 900x506px) Image search: [Google]
hyundai-robotic-exoskeleton.jpg
62KB, 900x506px
>>31871028
What's the fastest exoskeleton so far?
>>
>>31871060
You can only use them for a short jump at a time too, I don't think they have any that are capable of sustained flight
>>
>>31873309
They don't have enough initial impulse for a jump
Just a slow rise. They suck
>>
>>31870878

Legs are stupid. Replace them with tracks.
>>
File: Marine Corps MAARS system robot.jpg (598KB, 2400x1800px) Image search: [Google]
Marine Corps MAARS system robot.jpg
598KB, 2400x1800px
>>31873459
military personnel are stupid
replace them with automated versions of pic related
>>
Some day 3D maneuver gear?
>>
>>31871042
Are we UT2k4 soon?

I want an Unreal Tournament to replace all mainstream sports. Fuck Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey. I want teams of 5 duking it out to the death with rocket launchers, flak cannons, shock cannons, plasma guns, etc...
>>
>>31873514
"Attack on Shitty Cliff Hangars Because The Author Doesn't Know How To End His Series" needs to stop getting credit for 3D movement in an urban environment
>>
>>31873529
Combat already replaced all sports. Just need to turn of the electric Jew in your living room. Pick up LiveLeak and watch the best sport in the world.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.