[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Range and retail stories

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 10

File: rethink muh life.png (335KB, 417x515px) Image search: [Google]
rethink muh life.png
335KB, 417x515px
Generally wanting share stories from ranges and lgs. Lgs and range worker so I'll share the ones I've picked up
>Be retail supervisor covering front desk because busy
>Guy comes in
>"Y'all give the Navy SEAL special forces discount?"
>We give military discounts yea
>"Nah man my buddy said you have the special forces SEAL discount
>Nope just military in general
>Check the guy out, turns out to have Navy VA card
>Wearing a hat in it for some reason
>"Yea man you can see I'm wearing my unit hat in my picture so I ain't frontin"
>Cool. Do you want to rent any guns tonight?
>"Yea the P226 that's what I used in the service"
>Every fourth word out of his mouth is special forces
>Get the guy his stuff and send him to the range to meet up with his friends
>Rush over to RSO so I can watch shit show unfold
>Manager on duty, RSO, and trainer all join me
>>
>>31870620
cont.
>We watch as he locks back slide and tries sending it home using the decocker
>topkek.jpg
>Finally figures out where the slide catch is and shuts it
>He loads mag and immediately assumes enhanced spread leg chick lean stance
>Pulls trigger and stabs forward with pistol
>Tries several more times
>Cocks hammer and tries again
>Drops mag and racks slide a bunch then puts mag back in and doesn't rack it
>ASSUME THE POSITION
>Starts pulling trigger and stabbing forward again
>Wash rinse repeat
>We send trainer out to help
>Guy has no idea what he's doing
>Shows trainer
>Trainer picks up gun off shooting bench and racks it
>"Try it now boss"
>Gun miraculously works
>Guy starts making excuses and thanks trainer for the "refresher"
>Trainer leaves and relays story to us
>tippytopkek.jpg

That's the story of how our trainer became a Navy Ranger SEAL trainer. The guy later came out when he was done and gave us back our gun with a chambered round. We weren't going to say anything about the stolen valor thing but we had to at that point. MOD told him about the safety violation and that we have a lot a veterans that work with us that take serious offense to stolen valor and to not do it. Guy starts going on about SEAL Team 2 and how he "ain't frontin". Apparently he also had a trident tattooed on his chest.

>pic related whenever I meet these people
>>
>The story of the sperg gun store owners.
>>
>>31870627
Lel who fuckin cares if the dumbshit is stolen valor. You got his money. He paid good money to go shoot someone else's gun at a range that probably has a bunch of shitty rules and he couldn't even figure that out. Calling out stolen valor probably just assures he won't be coming back to spend his hard earned shekels.
>>
>>31870735
It's not only obnoxious, but insulting.
>>
>>31870758
Get over yourself. I would be complemented if ANYBODY actually wanted to pretend to be me.
>>
>>31870769
Pretending to be you is probably safer. One wouldn't have to pretend to know how to operate a weapon and/or a number of other things that could be dangerous to do without the appropriate skills.
>>
File: Dangles1.png (36KB, 982x411px) Image search: [Google]
Dangles1.png
36KB, 982x411px
retarded friend stories incoming
>>
File: AHHHHhhHHHHH.jpg (260KB, 750x500px) Image search: [Google]
AHHHHhhHHHHH.jpg
260KB, 750x500px
>>31870627
>The guy later came out when he was done and gave us back our gun with a chambered round.

Jesus Christ.
>>
File: Dangles2.png (58KB, 822x422px) Image search: [Google]
Dangles2.png
58KB, 822x422px
>>31870800
>>
File: Dangles3.png (31KB, 723x360px) Image search: [Google]
Dangles3.png
31KB, 723x360px
>>31870808
>>
>>31870735
>Can't into reading comprehension
We weren't going to say anything until he brought the loaded rental pistol into the lobby. It's our job to clear the guns before putting them up which is why we found the round (we also had a new girl training that night). It's the fact that the guy's going around claiming to be special forces and can't clear a pistol.
>>
>>31870784
Yet still fucking nobody would pretend to be me. Go figure.
>>
>>31870735
This. You can tell OP and his range in general fucking suck and are massive faggots.
>muh RSO
>muh rulez
>>
>LEO Academy, 15 cadets, 3 are women.
>Active shooter training, 2 weeks of all night sweeps of the local highschool with simunitions.
>Im first in the stack, then old fudd guy, then woman.
>Advance down a thin staircase single file
>Instructor opens fire from ~45 feet at 2 oclock. Woman opens fire from my 6.
>Woman just magdumped simrounds into my back and the second man.
>Literally the entire magazine of 15 split up all over our backs. From point blank range.
>Who wants to see women in combat positions.jpg
>>
>>31870830
>can't politely address a situation without publicly humiliating a customer
>can't address proper firearm safety without avoiding the stolen valor thing completley
You sound arrogant and also like a shitty employee
>>
>>31870851
How's that possible? Please tell me the lights were off at least.
>>
>>31870851
Sorry Not exactly a retail story, but its a good one. Simunition hurts like a bitch. God help you if you catch one in the eye or the testicle.
>>
>>31870896
Literally full on fluorescent tube light ing all around. She panicked that hard. Also, this same bitch let me get my ass kicked by two instructors in redman suits and just stood there and watched. Fortunately she doesnt work in the profession.
>>
>>31870851
My academy experience was similar.
>arms training
>shotguns lit off pointed down at ground, pellets in nearby cadets
>broken thumbs from thumbs behind slides of pistols
>5% out of 100% accuracy scores
>magazines in backwards
>assembled pistols barrels upside down
>dropped pistols
>women too weak to rack slides on guns
>30/70 in remedial guns training after the month long course
>>
>only LGS for an hour's drive in any direction
>ask for some pistol primers
>yeah that'll be $5 per 100
>are you fucking shitting me
>ask for some .22
>yeah that'll be $60 per 500
>it's fucking armscor
>look over their guns
>every one is $200 over priced
>ask if they got any ak magazines or ak shit in general
>"naw we don't carry that shit 'round here"

I like them because they have a cheap range and they don't like niggers but sometimes fudds still piss me off.
>>
>>31870769
So you'd rather do at least four years of work, to get the same effect as someone who decided to play operator that day? Poor bastard.
>>
File: 1944 Enfield No.4 Mk.1 T.jpg (2MB, 2621x1366px) Image search: [Google]
1944 Enfield No.4 Mk.1 T.jpg
2MB, 2621x1366px
>>31870620

I had a recent one.

>walk into local shop looking for .323 bullets for my Lebel
>typical sight of old dudes sitting at counter bullshitting
>while checking out bullet selection overhear old dudes' conversation
>one guy is talking about sighting in his rifle at 1200 meters
>bullshit but whatever
>other guy pipes up, clearly not wanting to be outdone
>"i'm dialing in some loads and will be shooting at 4000 and 5000 yards soon"
>myself and several other customers have to stop and witness this bullshit

Every time I stop in this shop I either hear some guy being an internet tough guy in real life or old guys that are positive anything made since 1950 is just a passing fad.
>>
>>31870927
>>31870851
Not my story, this one happened to my friend:

>Be my friend
>19 years old
>Canadian Army training
>Urban combat sim
>Running up to objective building
>Preparing to breach when...
>OpFor throws a (training) grenade at the squad's position
>My friend decides to go all hard-core and jump on the grenade to save his team
>The training grenades are loaded with enough TNT to cause serious explosive concussive effects if you are close enough
>Squad leader pulls his dumb ass away from the nade
>They both fall down and buddy's head lands near the grenade
>Explodes
>buddy spends the next couple days in the infirmary, bleeding from his ears, nose, mouth and is deaf for a little bit
>>
>>31870982
Did he get the basic training medal of honor though?
>>
>>31870888
MOD spoke to him. Also he pulled him to the side out of earshot of his companion and spoke to him. Not as if we jumped on counters screaming stolen valor at him. He tried saying he wasn't and that he'd bring in his DD214 (this was over a month ago).
>>
>gun counter guy for Cock's Gaming Wares
>slow Wednesday, middle aged fat disheveled guy wearing compression socks for his rampant edema waddles up to the gun counter
>YEAH I HAVE A SCAR IN 7.62X51 NAAATOOO AND I WANNA SHOOT IT OUT TO 2500 MEETERSSSS
>sideye
>yeah good luck with that
>WHAT OPTIC SHOULD I GET
>If you really wanna shoot to 2500 meters you need a new rifle, that's over twice the maximum supersonic range of any .308 or 7.62x51 that can be loaded to magazine length
>WUT? BUT [insert some knockoff ezine I've never heard of] SAID THE DELTA SEALS USE IT TO SNIPE ALL THUH TIME
>(huh. That's actually kinda-sorta close to correct)
>While that's probably true, they're not shooting people at 2500m. The longest recorded sniper kill is by a Canadian using a .50cal rifle, and it wasn't even 2500m.
>WELL FUCK YOU, YOU CLEARLY DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT NOTHIN'. JUST SELL ME A GODDAMN SCOPE. WHAT'S THE BEST SNIPER SCOPE YOU HAVE?
>I don't have anything even remotely approaching sniper scopes sir. Best I have is a Zeiss Terra 3-9x40 (which is actually true, while I do carry a 4-12x it's crap).
>he hemms and hawws and starts counting bills in his wallet (it's only around $200), I'm seeing a couple of $1 bills peeking out and not much else
>starts getting really red in the face
>GIMME A BOX O' THAT TWENNYTOOO
>Which one sir? I've got everything from 50 to 1400rds.
>....THE fifty COUNT BOX DAMMIT
>hand him the box, he stomps off
>go to check my returns like 20 minutes later
>ammo is in my return bin, cashier giving me the "holy shit that guy was nuts" look
>>
>>31870969
That Enfield makes me question my sexuality
>Best thing out of Britain since the USA
>>
>>31870837
Yeah, I forgot to mention that there's no incentive, social, monetary, or otherwise to pretend to be you either.
>>
>>31870851
Similar with POG-unit MOUT training
>get to MOUT site
>2LT: SPC Anon! PFC Bitch wants to be hard-core today, give her your SAW!
>look at her
>cheesy shit-eating grin on 5'3", modestly overweight barracks ho who has her bangs hanging out from under her helmet so badly it completely obsures her right eye
>uh, sir, she's never even touched a SAW before. Don't think that's a good idea...
>Are you refusing a lawful order...?
>Damn tempted to sir. Shall we take this higher?
>SFC comes over, snatches it out of my hands, and literally throws it to her
>cool, guess i'm sitting this one out
>NOPE, get stuck with the 2LT's pistol (and no spare mags) as my ONLY weapon, I'm now the "breacher"
>very first door, breacher up, kick (unlatched) door and throw imaginary flashbang
>bitch, who's second in stack, without even moving just starts holding down the trigger of the saw
>point man takes 83 sim rounds to the back of the kevlar at a distance of "muzzle was literally touching his helmet"
>I take the remaining 100ish rounds to the side and leg at a distance of less than 3 feet after she shrieks and closes her eyes/pointman falls over
>right leg is completely shredded, IBA cover is completely shredded, requires surgery and skin graft to repair (still have blue "tattoos" visible from where the ink penetrated slightly into the thigh muscle)
>bitch doesn't even get an art15, 2LT gets general's letter of reprimand (a career ender) and a "rehabilitative transfer" to Ft. Polk
I will say the nearly 3 weeks on quarters and 2 weeks of convalescent leave which I wasn't charged for was nice, but you have no idea how much I still want to choke that bitch to death and this happened years ago.
>>
>>31870995
>Canadian Military
>Receiving a Medal without dying
kek
>>
File: chrome_2016_10_31_08_09_31.jpg (127KB, 712x709px) Image search: [Google]
chrome_2016_10_31_08_09_31.jpg
127KB, 712x709px
>>31871115
Dear fucking god that is horrifying. For fuck sake i didnt even know a SAW could be swapped for sim parts. Jesus anon, you win the internet for today. Hell just the little pussy 9mm will break the skin, fuck allllllllllll of that.

My hat is off to you sir.
>>
>>31871166
I don't know if they're a simple parts swap or if the training SAW is specially made for sim rounds, we draw sim-only weapons at the site.

I know on M9's you swap the recoil spring, and on M4's you change out the recoil spring, buffer, and BCG.
>>
>>31871189
I should also mention that due to being POG, despite being the shop's SAW gunner for nearly 4 years I never did get a chance to actually shoot the simunition version. We get to play with the cool shit that rarely.
>>
>>31871115
Story had to be Bullshit.
I've never seen a training saw fire more than five rounds without jamming.

You must have been the unlucky winner of the only time it actually functioned.
>>
>>31871115
To be weirdly fair to the useless female PFC, if she wasn't qualified to have the weapon, it was entirely the commander's fault for ordering her to take it.

Which may have, in fact, been an unlawful command.
>>
>>31870969

>implying he's not making handloads for his TOW launcher

pls
>>
>>31871189
Yeah for glocks its the whole upper, replaced with a blue slightly smaller diameter barrel. Regular 9mm wont even seat in the chamber.
>>
>>31871228
It probably wasn't an *unlawful* command, but it was definitely a negligent one. Hence the letter of reprimand (their version of an art15).

And yes, closing your eyes and hosing down your entire stack while shrieking is 100% her fault. I 100% guarantee she'd have done the same thing with her issued M4, seeing as the safety and trigger work extremely similarly between the two.
>>
>>31871305
Oh, absolutely. She's not a real soldier and has no business being anywhere near a firearm or in uniform. However, this is greatly compounded by having never used the weapon before. She may not have even expected automatic fire, and panicked.
>>
>>31871320
Best part about it was this
>get back from convalescent leave, still on light-duty profile (w/e, I'm in S3, doesn't get much lighter than that)
>get sucked into a briefing with the battalion commander
>MORE TRAINING gets thrown around at least a dozen times as to how to prevent such a thing from happening again
>I perk up
>timidly raise my hand (only enlisted in the briefing, had been 100% ignored till now)
>"does this mean we'll actually get to go to the range more than once a year?"
>3 majors, 5 captains, and 2 LTC's look at me like I'm fucking retarded
>battalion commander, who called the briefing on how to improve the near-total lack of familiarity with issued weapons, looks at me and says "Uh, no." then proceeds to ignore me for the rest of the briefing.
>>
>>31871347
Jesus. Idk if i could have handled that without having a full on sperg out followed shortly by a massive stroke. Respect man.
>>
>>31871506
Typical admin shit. To be fair it takes a lot to do range time between budget, authorization, risk assessment, preparation, movement, acquisition, and record keeping but it is their fucking jobs and can (has) been done by a pissed off E4
>>
>>31872037
I would've left

Staying sounds like it would've meant more of what you had experienced but with live fire

Those things don't mix
>>
>>31872037
Shit, paper work and all, with my 30 employees it takes me a day and a half prep to put a class through a 15 hour course. Granted thats not near enough range time, but its what we get. Granted the government kinda disencentivises operating better year after year because of "muh budget". Sucks to come in saving money and its assumed that you dont need the excess next year.
>>
>>31870620
>outside gun range with 10 or so stalls for each range
>at the far end of the 100yd range which is also down wind and next to the trees
>no one but cows would be affected by my smoke
>get 3 rounds off in my Hawkens replica
>a wild RO appears
>"excuse me sir, the other patrons have said your smoke is affecting their shooting
>3 lanes between me and the next guy
>packed my shit and left, kind of sad I messed up a squirrels range day.
>>
>>31873236
What kind of bitch ass range do you go to where people give a fuck about smoke? Shit man find a better range.
>>
File: Beauty.jpg (410KB, 2100x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Beauty.jpg
410KB, 2100x1000px
>>31871011
Yes anon, come to the ammosexual side.

On topic
>be me
>visit tiny gun store hoping to score milsurp
>looks pretty fuddy, perfect for old wood and steel rifles
>see SKS for $500 without bayonet and in polymer stock
>I stare in shock while an old guy waddles up
>Yay, that right there is a Norinco SKS from China. Got a pretty rare polymer stock on 'er, most of them come with wood!
>Uh....that's cool. Have a good day sir.
>as I walk out I hear him extolling the virtues of .45 ACPs STOPPIN' POWAH!
>>
>>31873667
My lgs un bubbahs guns it takes in on trade. They're the best
>>
>>31870620
>be me
>young, 18
>in the market for a scattergat. Have my AR already.
>find a neat enough little gun store locally
>decide to check it out
>walk in the door and get greeted by an employee who asks if he can help me
>I tell him what I'm looking for (winchester model 1897)
>he stands there with a blank expression while I go into further detail of the firearm (it being all wood furniture, exposed hammer)
>he sits down at a computer and tells me "nope we don't have it" in a way that made me think he didn't want to deal with me
>his coworker, possibly boss, hears this and comes out of his office and tells me they do, in fact, have TWO of that specific gun over in the corner
>about 150$ over priced
And that was a perfect example of a cancerous person in the gun community.
>>
>>31874136
Probably knew you were a COD/Turmanator kiddie.
>>
>>31874316
You're thinking of the 1887 you fucking moron
>>
>>31874546
My apologies. I should really turn up the lights in here.
>>
File: images (8).jpg (12KB, 443x332px) Image search: [Google]
images (8).jpg
12KB, 443x332px
> Be Australian
> At range competing in IPSC as per licencing requirements
> New guy turns up
> Wearing generic camo pants, Navy Seal hat with the emblem, X Blade skin tight shirt, Oakleys and tan boots. All brand new out of the packet.
> Giving him the benefit of the doubt perhaps he might have just moved here from the US
> He comes over and in the most Australian accen says it's his first day and he asks us who he sees to get a gun
> Send him off to the RO.

> 30 mins later he is up. Draws with finger on trigger, misses evetything.
> kneels down to shoot final target, pulls his long pants up enough to see his boots are pic related

He gets removed for the day and forced to resit safety exam. Haven't seen him since.
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.