[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Megacities - Combat and Law Enforcement

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 17

File: judge-dredd.jpg (70KB, 1025x657px) Image search: [Google]
judge-dredd.jpg
70KB, 1025x657px
Are forces properly equipped to wage war in megacities? As of now, no conventional battles have been fought in skyscraper/high rise filled megacities.

Law enforcement seems just as ineffective in megacities due to a lack of bodies. Is there a way to fix this?

https://youtu.be/gEPdOZbyzbw
>>
File: dff.png (270KB, 524x484px) Image search: [Google]
dff.png
270KB, 524x484px
>>31869549
They'll just install HD camera's in every room of every building and every angle of every street and have an army of drones.
>>
File: dredd.jpg (106KB, 680x478px) Image search: [Google]
dredd.jpg
106KB, 680x478px
>that video

The future sounds amazing
>>
>>31869553
Have fun with that. Even China couldn't pull that off.
>>
>>31869549
>Law Enforcement
1. Put tracker on every citizen. With ability to write and send online ever move in real time.
2. Make use of every service only possible with tracker on. (paying for goods and services including driving, public transit or just walking through gates in bottlenecks of pedestrian traffic)
3. Put sensors (cameras mostly) in bottlenecks to automatically spot criminal without trackers by crosshecking with database of logged citizens so surveillance team are dispatched to watch them. You can omit surveillance part if it is possible to create law making not having tracker on citizen a crime itslef. then you send teams to arrest such criminals.
4. Insert Apocalypses quotes.

Now solving crime is never been so easy as every move of citizens are logged.
>>
Mass disease.

Seriously, the medical sector needs to calm its shit. Infant mortality is a good thing. As our large scale diseases. The poor don't respond well to constant coddling.
>>
>>31869859
This
Its been too long since a disease was able to level out the population
>>
>>31869549

Conventional forces are, by definition, poorly suited towards combat in dense, urban areas. The physical terrain is complex enough on its own, but the true complications come from having to sift through large populations to identify and eliminate combatants--a task that is more suited to law enforcement than conventional infantrymen.

A conventional battle within a city is an anachronism, since military conventions have dictated for thousands of years to avoid urban combat if at all possible. Sun Tzu makes this very clear in The Art of War.

The video implies heavily that urban combat of the future will likely take place in the poorer areas of a city. Because these boroughs are usually removed from the more important regions of the urban landscape, the most effective way to deal with them would simply be to lay siege to them. Cutting off the flow of resources and income to those areas should, in theory, cause the indigenous population to turn on the adversaries that necessitated the military action in the first place.

The overarching theme of future, mega-urban warfare is that high levels of collateral damage will be unavoidable. Just as chemotherapy and radiation therapy heavily tax the body in order to destroy cancer, so too will urban warfare necessitate excruciating measures to destroy persistent insurgencies.

Operation Iraqi Freedom demonstrated that even the most powerful military force in the world couldn't truly wipe out an urban insurgency while maintaining a relatively low rate of collateral damage. The developing nations that will have to deal with the worst problems will have neither the resources or the moral inclination to pursue a counterinsurgency that minimizes civilian casualties.
>>
>Is there a way to fix this?

I think certain places are "target softening" with gun control laws.
>>
Just use a bomb campaign against your own cities.
>>
File: urban warfare.jpg (91KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
urban warfare.jpg
91KB, 1280x720px
>>31870353
still have to go in and clear it out
>>
>>31870844
Use gas. You'll get the vast majority, and the ones who have gas-masks will be easily swept aside.
>>
>>31869549
>Law enforcement seems just as ineffective in megacities due to a lack of bodies. Is there a way to fix this?

More operations, more people, more criminals killed and/or imprisoned.

It's a dirty job but once it is done, things calm down...for a moment.

OR just try to fix poverty, that works without bullets too.
>>
File: india.jpg (239KB, 959x639px) Image search: [Google]
india.jpg
239KB, 959x639px
>>31871041
>fix poverty
Good idea. Get on it.

>prisons
Criminals cannot be rehabilitated, modern reliance on prisons is a mistake. Mass graves are cheaper and actually effective.
>>
Military units like brazils BOPE will be the future
>>
>>31871017
Chlorine gas wasn't that effective
>>
>>31871123
BOPE is effective because their ROE gives them almost no limits.
>>
>>31869655
Hillary pls go.
>>
File: egypt mob.jpg (70KB, 480x320px) Image search: [Google]
egypt mob.jpg
70KB, 480x320px
Find out what lots of stupid people like
Use that to make stupid people mass in one area
Gas them

A good example is lottery tickets.
>>
>>31871236
Kek
>>
>>31869549
Two ways I can think of to fix this.

One just have a large, well equipped and trained rapid response team. With plenty of recon and help from a command center they could quickly enter the mega city do what they need to so and then bug the fuck out.

Second way, is have many local franchises, sort of like a combat outpost in different blocks. Have the police supplied by an HQ and have established routes of supply and communication. Police would do tours of duty at the outpost and switch out with other cops as needed. In the case of an assault have plenty of heavy weapons and a QRF.
>>
>>31871017
If I were in that building my last breath would be used for priming the mines and IEDs I had made, so there is yet another consideration for clearing a building
>>
>>31869549
Soooo....poor countries are fucked, developed nations are less so
>>
>>31869549
>we have fought wars in cities but mega cities are orders of magnitude larger than anything our military has faced

Yeah and so are our bombs
>>
File: Mega City One.jpg (2MB, 2500x1071px) Image search: [Google]
Mega City One.jpg
2MB, 2500x1071px
>>31872285
Until the developed nations have the bright idea of allowing massive amounts of immigrants in. See Bangladesh as sea levels rise.

Then everyone is fucked
>>
>>31872311
RoEs are a thing if you are a Western nation. You can't nuke your own cities.
>>
>>31872328
We'll see about that
>>
>>31872328
Japan is considered part of the western world as well. Chequemate fagit.
>>
>>31869553
>al forces are, by definition, poorly suited towards combat in dense, urban areas. The physical terrain is complex enough on its own, but the true complications come from having to sift through large populations to identify and eliminate combatants--a task that is more suited to law enforcement than conventional infantrymen.
>A conventional battle within a city is an anachronism, since military conventions have dictated for thousands of years to avoid urban combat if at all possible. Sun Tzu makes this very clear in The Art of War.
>The video implies heavily that urban combat of the future will likely take place in the poorer areas of a city. Because these boroughs are usually removed from the more important regions of the urban landscape, the most effective way to deal with them would simply be to lay siege to them. Cutting off the flow of resources and income to those areas should, in theory, cause the indigenous population to turn on the adversaries that necessitated the military action in the first place.
>The overarching theme of future, mega-urban warfare is that high levels of collateral damage will be unavoidable. Just as chemotherapy and radiation therapy heavily tax the body in order to destroy cancer, so too will urban warfare necessitate excruciating measures to destroy persistent insurgencies.

In Judge Dredd their robots all rebelled once so having millions of drones would be a no no.
>>
>>31872670
>having law enforcement robots with enough will to rebel

That's where they fucked up.
>>
>>31871286
ICP concerts?
>>
File: dredd-.jpg (63KB, 625x350px) Image search: [Google]
dredd-.jpg
63KB, 625x350px
Give your police officers the authority to kill offenders on sight

https://youtu.be/5sw8nVFQuWQ
>>
>>31869549
Well that's the idea of the Judges:
Crime got so bad in Megacity One that the judges were developed, and they regularly exercise lethal force on violent crimes, and hand out massive sentences comparatively for non-violent crimes.
>>
It's awful Statist in here.

Perhaps if things are so bad people are rebelling, perhaps those in authority shouldn't be anymore.

What is this bizzaro /k/? We fight da gubment.
>>
>>31872867
>What is this bizzaro /k/? We fight da gubment.
Nah.
>>
>>31872867
/k/ is fine with statism as long as the state is racist, sadly.
>>
File: 1463957942972.jpg (168KB, 553x936px) Image search: [Google]
1463957942972.jpg
168KB, 553x936px
>>31869549
>>31872285
>>31872315
>mfw all the crazy shit that's happened since 2014 is merely the very beginning
>mfw world war 3 is ultimately caused by climate change-induced social upheaval
the next 50 years are going to be a wild ride boys
strap in
>>
>>31871214
That's why it's the future. Basically a squad of judge dreads.
>>
File: 300px-BOPE_Faca_na_Caveira.svg.png (31KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
300px-BOPE_Faca_na_Caveira.svg.png
31KB, 300x300px
>>31871123
>>31871214
>>31874327
>Motto: Knife in the Skull / Victory Over Death
damn these guys do not fuck around
>>
File: RioDeJaneiro-Slums.jpg (89KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
RioDeJaneiro-Slums.jpg
89KB, 600x450px
Clear this, /k/. You are supposed to minimize collateral damage.
>>
File: images.png (31KB, 332x443px) Image search: [Google]
images.png
31KB, 332x443px
>>31875645
Just lay the exterminatus upon these heretics

>no offense is too small
>no sacrifice is too great
>>
>>31872982
>sadly
>>
>>31871017
Chemical and biological weapons are better suited for area denial. The ones strong enough to get the job done tend to also linger for a very very long time.
>>
>>31872867
Looks like there is a hole in the /pol/ wall again. Gov't shills, statists, and retards are everywhere tonight.
>>
File: cap nascimento.jpg (22KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
cap nascimento.jpg
22KB, 400x300px
>>31869549
>>
File: tbE3s6X.jpg (63KB, 605x756px) Image search: [Google]
tbE3s6X.jpg
63KB, 605x756px
>>31878591

>I could be at home, for fucks sake

>I've stepped in shit like, twenty times today

>Can't even fuckin' breathe anymore

>And people wonder why I want to curb-stomp someone into another fucking universe
>>
>>31877237
Election cycle. I didn't know tweens watched CNN either.
>>
>>31878608
I can imagine there being a smell to the slums, and I can imagine it being dirty, but not like open sewer dirty... but I guess it couldnt be no different than fighting in sadr city or fallujah and those place are pretty much an open sewer. Literally and metaphorically speaking lol.
>>
>>31872743
Lots. ICP fans aren't that large of a group. They need to go, but we need bang for our buck.
>>
>>31871197
but Phosgen was.
>>
>>31869655

>Put tracker on every citizen

No need when everyone carries a GPS enabled cell phone everywhere they go.
>>
>>31881890
>No need when everyone carries a GPS enabled cell phone everywhere they go.
....seems a little fishy doesnt it?
>>
>>31869880
Just wait friend, that superbug we're making will probably get 1 or 2 billion
>>
>>31869549
>Is there a way to fix this?
Yes, humanoid robots working 24/7 and swarms of drones with cameras keeping an eye on the most violent neighborhoods.
>>
>>31882389
>humanoid
Dumb
>>
>>31882352
>just wait
Yeah, "waiting" fixes the problem
>>
>>31871214
They're effective but their intensive and specialized training makes them very rare and expensive to replace.
>>
>>31882396
You need humanoid robots to venture into humanoid-built spaces, you can't fit a Big Dog inside a shanty shack and use it to wrestle down its occupants.
>>
>>31882418
>>31878591
>>31874462
>>31874327
>>31871214
>>31871123
I wonder if you guys are just a bunch of brs ego jerking or if the movies or just the BOPE itself really left a strong impression on /k/
[spoiler]I'm a br myself though, before you think i cant call you out on this[/spoiler]
>>
File: BOPE trucks.jpg (181KB, 594x395px) Image search: [Google]
BOPE trucks.jpg
181KB, 594x395px
These with gattling guns
>>
>>31869549
Why wage war in a city you hust cut off their water power and food then let them tear each other apart.
>>
>>31871075
what the fuck are they wearing
what the fuck are they doing
why the fuck are they doing it
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.