[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should have done it years ago

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: SKS_-_Ryssland_-_AM.045810.jpg (440KB, 2050x900px) Image search: [Google]
SKS_-_Ryssland_-_AM.045810.jpg
440KB, 2050x900px
Evenin /k/

So I've recently gotten the urge for an SKS. A couple years ago they were like $200. Now they've (at least) doubled in price. Is there any hope at getting a decently priced one? Or should I just get the nicest one I can find now?

What do prices of these look like at gun shows?

Thanks all, Happy Halloween!
>>
File: 1477365696088.jpg (143KB, 638x878px) Image search: [Google]
1477365696088.jpg
143KB, 638x878px
Move to canada. I got one last week for $199 syrup tokens.
>>
>>31866711
$350 is about average. Russian ones get up to $500. But shit, you're already 1/2 to 2/3 of the way to a decent AK so just go with that.
>>
>>31866734
I'm okay with a Chinese version. I just watched a Miculek video of him using his and he seems to like it. I looked at AKs too, but I would prefer an SKS.
>>
>>31866773
A own an ak and sks. People will say capacity is king but the sks is a good gun.
>>
>>31866878
I couldn't really care less about capacity. 10 is more than enough for me. I have other funs that satisfy that aspect for me.
>>
>>31866711
>Used to own a yugo sks
>Loved but had to sell
>Want an sks now
>Refuse to pay 2/3s of an new AK or AR costs for a 60 year old rifle made for pennies by commie slaves

Seriously one of the most illogically overpriced guns right now, the SKSs price point is basic proof of how shitty mainstream "gun culture" is.
>>
>>31867009
I know, right? Above poster told me since you're already 2/3 of the way to an AK just get that. Firstly, AKs are way overpriced. They should be like $400, not $750. I cheaped out when I was first getting into funs and got a Mosin instead, because it was only $80 instead of $200. Now I wish I had gotten both.
>>
>bought a russian SKS 6 months ago for $300
>sold it 2 months later for $450

Those things are fucking overrated as hell.
Heavier than an SVT but in a smaller caliber; shit safety mechanism, does nothing an AK variant can't do better, and lacks pretty much any historical significance.

The only reason to buy an SKS was it was cheap and fudds could destroy them without giving a shit.
>>
>>31866711
SKS is a good beginners semi auto intermediate rifle. But with the way prices are with them now... I would say get the AK. I've owned both at the same time. Got rid of the SKS once I graduated to the AK and AR. I will always remember her, but it was just a fling. I see that now.
>>
>>31866711

Have two Russian SKS's. IMO current prices take away the appeal of the SKS as a working rifle.

.30-30's make better innawoods rifles, they've just always been more expensive. They're on par now. AR's make better tactical/defensive/target rifles, and aren't that much more expensive.
>>
>>31867126
I have two AR, and I've considered an AK. I just got bit by the SKS bug as of recent.
>>
File: 1430864480287.jpg (128KB, 679x960px) Image search: [Google]
1430864480287.jpg
128KB, 679x960px
>>31866720
>Pinned mag
>>
Dans Sporting Goods just got in some unissued Yugos without the crappy grenade launcher for about 370. I got one from the last batch and it was like new.
>>
What do these things run for at gun shows?
>>
>>31866893
cool story bro
>>
>>31866711
Glad I got my yugo last year at $330
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.