[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

There is nothing wrong with using a .22 for HD or CCW.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: Don-Draper.jpg (26KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
Don-Draper.jpg
26KB, 512x384px
There is nothing wrong with using a .22 for HD or CCW.
>>
22 are great very low recoil & get a good semi-auto like ruger sr22 can fire several shots very quickly

but 22 ammo is more prone to misfires than centerfire ammo & obviously does not hit as hard

but if you have hand problems dealing with recoil then yes 22 is great

i recently upgraded from 22 to 380 and so far doing ok, i can't shoot as fast & have to grip much harder
>>
>>31866495
Itll likely do the job regardless of how badly the practice gets denegrated. In certain cirumstances its even the best solution for certain individuals for carry though i couldnt say the same for HD.

Determined attackers are a small minority of violent criminals and pulling out a gun and shooting at them will deter the vast majority of criminals from continuing whatever actions were scaring you enough to pull out a gun.

No its not ideal, but neither is using a pistol either. Just another comprimise to make for those whose conditions make it a rational decision.
>>
>>31866495

Mossad, please go and stay gone.
>>
>>31866495
>but 22 ammo is more prone to misfires than centerfire ammo
Moreso nowadays than before--quality control has really slipped with the .22lr being pumped out at full breakneck speeds. I've even had multiple duds in the same box of CCI Mini-Mags, which up until then I thought was toppest-tier of non-specialty .22lr.
>>
File: jkdUQCl (1).png (574KB, 605x558px) Image search: [Google]
jkdUQCl (1).png
574KB, 605x558px
No.

>Muh shot placement is a straw man when dealing with large chemically enhanced criminals undergoing adrenaline dumps.

.32ACP is the absolute bare minimum and considering the selection of new firearms the real minimum is .380ACP.

Stick with duty grade cartidges like 9mm, .40 and .45

>>31866926
>Muh Mossad

Fuck off with your shitty irrelevant country that can't even trust its troops with loaded firearms in war zones.
>>
>>31866984
If you are using 9mm for HD kill yourself. Get a rifle or a shotgun. For ccw any gun will do for the most part. If you mag dump a .22lr at a car jacket he is going to take the hint. And situation awareness it 99% more important.
>>
>>31866495
There is plenty wrong with it it's just not as terrible as people say it is.

A little 10/22 or 597 with a red dot and 20 round mag would work fine for HD.

It wouldn't be ideal, but it would be fine.
>>
>>31866522
>>31866544
>>31866926
>>31866963
>>31866984
>>31867045
>>31867068
Enjoy your permanent hearing damage.

t. audiologist that cares about your long-term hearing and would prefer that you use a .22
>>
>>31867045
No thanks, I'd rather not clear a house with an 18inch or 16 inch barrel.

9mm's and .40's kill uppity crackheads nearly every day in America. They don't become magically less offensive crossing your property line.

Virtually all .22 handguns are unreliable turds and or as big as other handguns.
>>
>>31866495
a .22 pistol is still going to be about as loud as a .380/9mm. there is no point to a .22 pistol
>>
>>31867594

Hunting rabbits and feral chihuahuas.
>>
>>31867045
Nope. You break in my house, you will die with a minimum of 3 Speer Gold Dot 9mm +P made holes.
>fuckin rifles ...
>>
>>31866495
>There is nothing wrong with using a .22 for HD or CCW.

I'm 99% sure you don't use it for either, and just argue about it for the sake of argument.
>>
>>31867079
I'd rather have hearing damage than loose a gun fight
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.