[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Law Enforcement

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 176
Thread images: 30

File: image.jpg (920KB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
920KB, 2592x1936px
Let have a Law Enforcement thread /K/ where my LEOs at.

Also general law enforcement thread.
>>
>>31865506
Thanks for your service anon. Keep those shit skins at bay. Have you seen spiderman yet? I heard he's real
>>
>>31865525

I've looked long and hard in the projects for him but all I keep getting are black people.

Maybe Spider-Man is black?
>>
not posting my gear but PA checking in
>>
>>31865562

State or local?
>>
If I have never had a felony a couple dui's while in the military years ago. What are my chances at an academy? I kind of want to pursue this career field.
>>
File: 6lnvxtz.png (2MB, 1115x747px) Image search: [Google]
6lnvxtz.png
2MB, 1115x747px
In the process for to getting hired at a big ass metro department. What am I in for?
>>
>>31865698

State?

And I take it you mean "I've never had a felony but a couple of DUI's" then it depends on circumstance.

How much where you over the limit, why did you do it more than once etc.

I won't lie to you, but that is kind of a big thing but once again it's on circumstance. Where you a young drunk boot who wasn't thinking or where you a serial offender?

What you need to do is show the department that you are a change man and not a liability and you're not the man you once was.

But the main question what department are you looking to join?
>>
>>31865749

Being a number rather than a person is the main one.

What's the department?
>>
>>31865749
A no-holds-barred, adrenaline thrill-ride that will incur a considerable amount of paperwork.
>>
>>31865757
>What you need to do is show the department that you are a change man
>>change man
Well he's illiterate. That about passes for average LEO
>>
>>31865785
Then there's
>this guy
>>
>>31865785

well I am under the influence of alcohol and human, while also being within the realm of making mistakes.

Thanks for your input
>>
>>31865506
Suck start a 12 gauge pig.
>>
>>31865775
>>31865780
Chicago and I've submitted my my BI shit for DC Metro.
>>
File: IMG_6444.jpg (218KB, 692x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6444.jpg
218KB, 692x960px
Where is the LEObro with the Glock 20? I know if I had to protect and serve the shit out of someone I'd want to serve them some 10mm Master Race.
>>
Im a CS student in Michigan. Think of applying to Detroit PD when i graduate. U know any cops with random ass degrees like computer science? I did my 4 in the marines (combat engineer) and am doing active reserve now.
>>
>>31865960
I guess my only two questions are will the CS degree hurt me, and could it lead to different positions like detective? Or maybe even help with an FBI application? Or are city cops dime a dozen and it wont really help.
>>
>>31865757

tx now. It would be a sheriff department. My wife was a serial cheater between deployments.
>>
>>31865951
There's a black officer on my campus who literally carries a Glock 40
>>
>>31865749
>no suppressors
what the fuck
>>
>>31865951

Sadly I've moved to a P226. Budget cuts mean that 10mm has been taken off of the approved ammo list for the county. Rumor is .357 Sig is the next to go
>>
Chicago has allot of bullshit going within the department due to recent events.

I know they just had a female officer have her face smashed into the group by a suspect because she was afraid to shoot him.

>>31866001
>>31865845

A degree is a degree, how we see it is that you where willing to put the work and effort in getting one in the first place.

Military vets are always highly looked on when applying, I've lost count on how many officers I've met who at jarheads, and I don't mean that in a disrespectful way either,

>>31866001

You see that's something allot of cops can get on your level with, if you apply express fully the metal state of your self and why you did it.

>>31865951

I once knew a FBI agent posted in New York who carried a fully automatic glock 19 because he could.
>>
>>31865845
Ayy. Fellow Chicagoan, do you know when and where I can apply for the test Leo test I'm almost done with college and I've always wanted to be a cop.
>>
>>31865506
Streamlight or Surefire? Were you that fat before you made Lt?
>>
>>31866107

Thank you for your input. Me below.
>>31866001
>>
>>31865506
What's with the basketweave, Lou?
They let you get away with that in Transit?

My Lt, meanwhile, is handing out CDs for hats clipped to belts in Howzin. Unbelievable.
>>
ight about now, N.W.A. court is in full effect
Judge Dre presiding
In the case of N.W.A. vs. the Police Department
Prosecuting attorneys are MC Ren, Ice Cube
And Eazy-motherfucking-E

Order, order, order
Ice Cube, take the motherfucking stand
Do you swear to tell the truth, the whole truth
And nothing but the truth so help your black ass?

You goddamn right!

Well won't you tell everybody what the fuck you gotta say?

Fuck the police coming straight from the underground
A young nigga got it bad cause I'm brown
And not the other color so police think
They have the authority to kill a minority
Fuck that shit, cause I ain't the one
For a punk motherfucker with a badge and a gun
To be beating on, and thrown in jail
We can go toe to toe in the middle of a cell
Fucking with me cause I'm a teenager
With a little bit of gold and a pager
Searching my car, looking for the product
Thinking every nigga is selling narcotics
You'd rather see, me in the pen
Than me and Lorenzo rolling in a Benz-o
Beat a police out of shape
And when I'm finished, bring the yellow tape
To tape off the scene of the slaughter
Still getting swoll off bread and water
I don't know if they fags or what
Search a nigga down, and grabbing his nuts
And on the other hand, without a gun they can't get none
But don't let it be a black and a white one
Cause they'll slam ya down to the street top
Black police showing out for the white cop
Ice Cube will swarm
On any motherfucker in a blue uniform
Just cause I'm from the CPT
Punk police are afraid of me, huh
A young nigga on the warpath
And when I'm finished, it's gonna be a bloodbath
Of cops, dying in L.A
Yo Dre, I got something to say

Fuck Tha Police
Fuck Tha Police
Fuck Tha Police
Fuck Tha Police

Pull your god damn ass over right now
Aww shit, now what the fuck you pullin me over for?
Cause I feel like it!
Just sit your ass on the curb and shut the fuck up
Man, fuck this shit
Aight, smartass, I'm taking your black ass to jail!
>>
>>31866139

I'm not fat ;-;

But nah I'm alright for my height group and we now use pelican.

more info here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTpLT-FwzR8

>>31866152

No worries man, you're not the first marine or man to have a misses cheat on you.

Also long as you where a good marine you will be fine.

>>31866163

Transit? you're a mother fucker you know that?

Housing has always been the worst, I think it's just a place for all the guys who need to be promoted because rules state they do if they pass the test, but no one wants them.

Come over to us man, as long as you can keep your drink that is
>>
Got to do some things

Be back in a few hours
>>
File: 1467639930833.png (1MB, 1074x1070px) Image search: [Google]
1467639930833.png
1MB, 1074x1070px
>>31866107
>female officer have her face smashed into the group by a suspect because she was afraid to shoot him.
I saw that video, crazy shit. I'm Asian, fuck it I would've ventilated his head. I'll do some other career if it comes to that.
>A degree is a degree, how we see it is that you where willing to put the work and effort in getting one in the first place.
I'm finishing my undergrad this summer and was going to take the LSAT and GRE but I'd rather do LEO than graduate school. I am proficient in another language that some of these cities CT units might prefer but thats it really, no military background.
>>31866109
We just had the exam in April so I doubt theres gonna be another one for at least a year. Sign up on their website for testing notifications and they'll send all the information out to you. After the exam expect a decent wait period so apply to other cities.
>>
>>31866250
Want to be my hook, Lt?
>Yeah, this guy's cool, I met him on 4chan

Still wondering what's with the basketweave, though - if you're going to break the rules, why not go for comfy Nylon instead?
Also
>Glock 17
>15 round mags
Why not just get the 19?
>>
>>31866313
What's the website. Sorry it's just I've been looking all over and there's like 8 websites and I don't want to give info to the wrong one
>>
>>31866783
Check out pg. 2 anon on the link posted. It has the link I used. The website it redirects you to should be the one you sign up for the mailing list.

https://www.cityofchicago.org/content/dam/city/depts/dhr/general/CPD-FAQs-FINAL-102915.pdf
>>
>>31865506

>be black
>be a cop
>browse k

wew lads
>>
>>31865506

Every time I go to New York, NYPD dudes are all super nice to me and smile at me and are helpful. Where does the meme that they're huge assholes come from? Am I being treated well because I'm tall and white?
>>
File: iamnotgoodwithcomputer.jpg (78KB, 480x376px) Image search: [Google]
iamnotgoodwithcomputer.jpg
78KB, 480x376px
>>31866820

>be a weeaboo
>browse 4chan
>become a cop

I don't know how this happened. Plz help.
>>
File: 1462672003280.jpg (52KB, 640x639px) Image search: [Google]
1462672003280.jpg
52KB, 640x639px
>>31865506
>LT
>nypd
ewwwwww
>>
Wtf OP how fat are you?

LAPD has fitness requirements, no more fatties allowed.
>>
anyone watch these guys videos?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rc_0hBKQD8

They're pretty fuckin neat. Especially the one I just posted.
>>
Back

>>31866843

There are ass hole cops in New York but I would say 9/10 are good.

But not being an ass hole yourself goes a far way.

>>31866412 you know I would hook you, I don't know why but I'm getting a good feeling from you.

I have three duty belts and I normally carry a sig, I just used that belt for the photo.

My captain and I are tight anyway so I could get away with it if I wanted
>>
File: glock 17.jpg (323KB, 1000x664px) Image search: [Google]
glock 17.jpg
323KB, 1000x664px
Ive always wondered, why did the NYPD pick the glock 19 over the 17 as a duty gun? Wouldnt it make more sense to have a full sized pistol as their standard issue?
>>
>>31869010
because they NYPD is just as retarded and anti gun as NYC itself is. They had revolvers as standard issue up until the 1990s. A major city, still using revolvers
not to mention the 12 lb triggers
>>
>>31866803
I guess there are no openings yet. I though applications for testing opened up in november
>>
> went from County to state job when a probation / parole gig opened up
> quality of life is immensely better, get far more respect in the courthouse and generally just a better job in all ways
> it actually feels like a job where I do something since I actually am a part of sending people to jail or prison instead of just looking at a million dismissals or getting my presence waived or whatever

But I am getting fucking fat because it's mostly a desk job. Fuck my life, never been so inactive before. In the past two years I am up almost fifteen pounds, but at least it has leveled off.
>>
>>31869363

Just to add an example why, we just got an email this morning from one of our service providers for reintegration classes asking us to come this afternoon for a pizza party for their graduating group. I feel so weak willed about it but I have so many trainings and classes and seminars and they are all catered. I need to get back in the gym or land an investigative agency job...
>>
>>31869010
Its easier for strong independent womyn to carry and shoot well, being slightly smaller.

Honestly they need every advantage they can get with those garbage triggers.
>>
>law enforcement officer

Orwellian as fuck
>>
>>31869376
ITT we hurt my feels :(
>>
File: 1476152469862.gif (415KB, 480x238px) Image search: [Google]
1476152469862.gif
415KB, 480x238px
>>31865818
>>
How much do you get paid? Is that good enough? Are you happy with where you are, position and department-wise?
>>
>>31866001

>not getting the waifu pregnant before going off to somewhere you don't belong

yeah you deserve to be cucked

women have needs too, fag, could you go 3 months without sex?

didn't think so

>>31866002

jesus fucking christ

>>31866107

of course they're all former .mil because local cops are just a standing army these days to harass and intimidate everyone besides the feral niggers that are allowed to rape, murder and pillage after Ferg.

>>31866109

Get a scanner app and listen to Chicago PD on a warm Friday or Saturday night. I lose count at how many "shots fired" are called.
>>
>>31866195

you wouldn't let a negro into your home, why would you let them into your mind?
>>
>>31869805
Not the other anon you said should be cucked but I've gone 2 years and 10 months without sex still counting 3 months isn't that long.
>>
>>31865506
How do you feel about the New York's gun laws?
>>
File: MetPoliceBadge3[1].jpg (39KB, 388x440px) Image search: [Google]
MetPoliceBadge3[1].jpg
39KB, 388x440px
sup
>>
>>31869860

kys desu
>>
>>31869920
Ayyyyy Quinn
>>
File: 1451935607795.jpg (46KB, 420x331px) Image search: [Google]
1451935607795.jpg
46KB, 420x331px
so question to LEO

if rule of law collapses, are your plans to get your families ASAP? or will you keep going to work?
>>
>>31865749
>boot unlaced
I thought cops being too dumb for the military was a joke.
>>
>>31865960
>>31865979
from what I've heard from my dad (he's a cop btw), most places don't care what degree you have
it should certainly help if you want to be FBI though
>>
>>31869382

You're a retard.
>>
How do you sleep at night knowing you are initiating force and using threats of force in order to maintain an illegitimate system of government?

Also, how afraid are you of getting shot in the face randomly by a feral nigger?
>>
File: IMG_8039.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8039.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
>>31870557
soundly

I'm in college going for a homeland security major. If I cant make it to the big leagues, what benefits come with being a state trooper as my fallback option?
>me with a senator
>>
>>31869881

There shit but allot of people in New York City are shit so it evens out.

>>31869500

The standard pay for a NYPD luitenent is $120,000 plus overtime etc, which is good money and yea I enjoy it.

>>31870084

Do what the cops did in New Orleans when the strong hit, keep on fighting.

There are more good people than bad.

>>31870557

You never saw New York City in the 80s did you?

>>31870643

Good man and good luck.
>>
>>31870760
Fun fact.

So many NOPD officers fled after Katrina that they had to change the color of the uniform to weed out the ones who had fled and were just coming back to loot.
>>
>>31869039
The RCMP here only replaced their Model 10s starting in like 1996.
And there was a ton of internal resistance to it even then
>>
You cucks need to man up and draw your support from the ZOG.
>>
>>31869845
You let the jewish in with this racist propaganda, so you can´t judge me.

Faggit.
>>
Not a LEO but I met one recently and was a bit taken aback

>wants to work the ghetto
>thinks blacks are subhuman
>"human beings are predators anon"
>believes he should be able to make arrests without charges
>thinks the second amendment should be repealed
>believes body armor should be banned for civilians
>instantly stops talking to me and gives me the stink eye for the rest of the night after I tell him I collect funs and am a prepper

This guy was a major asshole, I hope that attitude is not widespread but I have a friend going through the academy and sometimes he says similar stuff, it's worrying
>>
>>31869010
NYPD recently authorized the Glock 17 as well.
In typical NYPD retardation, however, they limit the magazines to 15 rounds.

>>31869039
Everything NYPD does is reactive rather than proactive. They don't change anything for the better until somebody dies from it.

The switch to Semi-autos came after officers were outgunned in shoot outs.
Back in the day, Speedloaders were expressly forbidden until an officer was executed while reloading his cylinder one round at a time
Auxiliary Officers weren't given kevlar vests until two were killed by gunfire
The cars are now starting to get armored doors and windows, two years after Ramos and Liu were assassinated while sitting in their car.
etc etc

>>31868815
I don't know which is more alarming - that 4channers can become cops, or that 4channers can become lieutenants and have good feelings about 4channer cops. Praise kek.
>>
I live in Harrisburg area in Pennsylvania. Want to join the Philly PD. Anyone familiar with how they are? Is their any good resources I could read for becoming a police officer? Any subjects I should look for?
>>
>>31869805
>could you go 3 months without sex?
It's called "rub one out and get on with your day"
>>
>>31865555

spiderman confirmed black?
>>
>>31871063
The police are inherently an authoritarian institution. Nobody who considers themselves lovers of freedom, autonomy or has a respect for human dignity should become a cop or look at them as anything but brutish thieves and strongmen for the state.
>>
I currently work corrections in a small County jail, any other COs here?
>>
>>31865506
fake and gay. GTFO
>>
>>31873596
How often do you beat niggers, do you use violence on a regular basis and do you feel good about yourself and the institution you serve?
>>
File: image.png (34KB, 560x407px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
34KB, 560x407px
>>31873552
Here's a (you), now you can scram kid
>>
>>31869042
Dude they're not going to be openings for a while. We just took the exam in April and they're just finishing with the 2013 exam list. As I said if I were you I would get used to the idea of applying to multiple departments.
>>
>>31865506
I'm moving laterally into a State agency that mandates basket weave.

Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay.

(Its for more $)
>>
>>31867683

I'm sayin'. Between black and blue lives mattering, I should be impervious to bullets.

I love the job, though. Only retards think that there shouldn't be cops. We really are the one thing standing between the scum and the rest.
>>
File: image.jpg (27KB, 446x384px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27KB, 446x384px
>>31873654
Different Chitown anon, also took the test this april. Actually read an article a few weeks back in which some city official alluded to a possible test in spring 2017. They used to have them like every five years but the department is currently down something like 2,000+ and has been hemmoraging officers at an increasing rate. Combining that with how the CPD hiring process works (poorly) and the fact that record lows took the entrance exam this spring (to the point they pushed it back multiple times to beg more minorities to take it) makes me think it could be true.
All I have heard from anyone in/involved with CPD over the past year and up to now has been how they are down officers, and because of recent events the city is seems to be taking note and trying to hire a bunch. Seems like a decent time to try to become CPD desu (if you ignore the shitty state of the city as a whole)
>>
>>31865506

Sup LT. Haven't seen you in a while. Certified myself now. Feels good brah.
>>
File: 1421731191439.jpg (27KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1421731191439.jpg
27KB, 500x375px
>>31865803
>>
>>31874021
Ah my mistake, didn't realize different Chitownanon. Wow interesting, I'll deff take the Spring 2017 exam if that happens just to hedge my bets, despite being a minority, i'm not a woman. I remember reading in Tribune article on how they pushed testing, I recall arriving and seeing how feel people were at the tables around me that 'no showed' for the exam. I'd really like to work in Chicago desu.
>>
File: the ride.jpg (692KB, 553x936px) Image search: [Google]
the ride.jpg
692KB, 553x936px
Corrections anon here. I work in a close security female prison. I was the guy who posted from the tower a few weeks ago.

Ask me stuff, I guess
>>
>>31874128
Yeah times are def changing for cpd as far as eligible applicants go which sucks but is good for us and anyone else trying to get on now. That being said, even if I was the blackest single mom in englewood I would take any test they offer because CPD is pretty notorious for dq'ing people in the hiring process for ticky tack and questionable stuff. A lot of people, even excellent applicants, start the process, get canned for one reason or another, and go on to get hired next time around
>>
File: 1477969961004.png (201KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1477969961004.png
201KB, 900x900px
Alright officers. Record is clean. Could pass lie detector and such no problem. Getting practice in with G43 and plan on getting Jericho 941fs in .45acp.

About how hard is it to complete the Lethal Weapons Training? PA cops would be appreciated. And no, I don't necessarily plan on becomming an officer. I'd prefer armed security career and maybe bodyguarding on the side. Seen a lot of fatasses in that field I could outshine and was jealous of the guards when I worked for state government.

>carries guns and protects people for a living
>gets about same respect because dont harass civilians for local revenue
>mfw paid $20/hr
>mfw access to automatic funs
>mfw looking at security mag of what you guys can privately buy for your homes
>sign me the fuck up this is the Murican Dream
>Thank God am relatively healthy non-sperg
>only concern is how hard is it to get the fuggin LWT Act 235 card
>cuz after I get that and $20/hr job am gonna HNNNNNG all over the gun stores
>>
>>31874294
>even if I was the blackest single mom in englewood I would take any test they offer because CPD
kek and yeah true as would I and I'm not even in state. I heard they do that shit, but if you get DQ'd they let you test again? you're not in the system and just get DQ'd again?
>>
>>31874356
Idk about the specifics as far as trying again after being dq'd, but I do know that people do it. I would assume it has to do with what one got denied for, and also the fact that the requirements are subject to change year by year. I'm not in state either but I'm right over the border in Indiana so shits not that difficult. I have heard of people flying in from across the country for the test which is funny when you consider they could barely get enough people from the area to take it.
I have also heard various rumors about people getting a notice to get a chicago residence/drivers license/etc within like one to two weeks or theyre out. I am not sure of the validity of that but I've heard it from multiple people so as an out of stater thats got me nervous.
>>
>>31866313
Being an Asian in L.E. has been pretty interesting for sure.
t. Asian Cop from Cali
>>
File: qb1-web.jpg (49KB, 400x266px) Image search: [Google]
qb1-web.jpg
49KB, 400x266px
>>31865555
Nice digits ossifer.
>>
>>31871683
whats the total list of approved guns for the NYPD? Last I checked it was the glock 19, sig p226 DAO and Smith and wesson 5946, aside from back up guns
>>
Any Ohio LEOs here? Considering leaving college after my ex-fiancee dumped me and police work was my second choice for a career. Probably going for Dayton or Columbus PD

Any advice? Stories? Recommendations?
>>
>>31865506
Out of curiosity, how many officers do you know who've bought synthetic duty belts instead of based leather? Did they regret it?
>>
>>31865506
Fucking a hell. I wish I had a supervisor that is a fellow kommando. Nebraska LEO here
>>
going to test with seattle on January 14th
>>
>>31873654
>>31874021
That's what I'm saying I remember reading that they offer registration for the exam in November and then it said you take it in February. And although sure I might be able to get a Leo job somewhere else, I only want to be a Chicago cop. Even after I get my Bachelors my buddy told me to apply for the FBI I told him screw that I want to be a Chicago police
>>
>>31874525
>I have also heard various rumors about people getting a notice to get a chicago residence/drivers license/etc within like one to two weeks or theyre out.
Yeah i've heard that also
>>31874743
Hows that been? any stories? I've been catching a ton of shit from my family here and abroad. Wasn't too shocked but damn I haven't even gotten on the job yet.
>>
>>31875022
>That's what I'm saying I remember reading that they offer registration for the exam in November and then it said you take it in February.
I'll have to keep an eye out for that then. I want to retake and get my name on both lists.
> Even after I get my Bachelors my buddy told me to apply for the FBI I told him screw that I want to be a Chicago police
Can relate. My family is pushing taking the LSAT if I want to get into law but don't want an office type job. I'd rather work at CPD than any other dept but I'm not limiting myself.
>>
File: image.jpg (17KB, 240x300px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
17KB, 240x300px
>>
Why are state troopers always the biggest pricks around? They even make sure you know they're assholes with the way they wear their uniforms.
>>
>>31875160
>They even make sure you know they're assholes with the way they wear their uniforms.
?
>>
>>31874246
Is it anything like Orange Is the New Black? How often do people get beat up or killed?
>>
File: IMG_20161031_221722.jpg (106KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161031_221722.jpg
106KB, 720x720px
Thin blue line anyone?
>>
File: 692.gif (486KB, 238x155px) Image search: [Google]
692.gif
486KB, 238x155px
>>31875198
That shit is cringe as fuck
>>
>>31873631

Glad to see pigs only have a faggot response.
>>
>>31865506
>See this
>Glock 17
>Watch commander

How did you get a non-regulation firearm.
>>
>>31874336

A $20/hr job and you're gonna buy that weaponry while paying for rent/mortgage, power, groceries, fuel, car insurance and all of life's other expenses?

Please, faggot. If your goals and aspirations are a $20/hr job and only owning sweet guns you should kill yourself right now.
>>
How do you feel about blacks?
>>
>>31875198
not with those noodle arms you dont
>>
>>31873710
and who decides which category an individual falls into?
All truth is personal. Police are basically a less motivated ISIS, or maybe a representative of a more motivated ISIS?
>>
File: cia.jpg (7KB, 129x175px) Image search: [Google]
cia.jpg
7KB, 129x175px
This is video of the shooting of Michael Vance by the Oklahoma Highway Patrol. Pretty sure if you start the first video at 3 seconds and the second one at 1:28 they're synced. Turn the sound on the first one off and it's a really cool perspective.

>liveleak.com/view?i=ef9_1478026758
>>
>>31874877
17 gen3, 19 gen4, P226 DAO, and 5946.
The 5946 is currently being phased out - It's still authorized and officers can switch to it if they get one, but the NYPD no longer offers it to new recruits - apparently this is because S&W put their foot down and said they're not making special runs of them anymore.

I'm also hearing from recent graduates that they're pushing everyone towards Glocks, and only bring out the P226 if the recruit insists.

>>31875427
>watch commander
u wot m8?
17 was authorized last year anyway, m8

>>31875198
Cringey. Do you have a punisher sticker on your car too?
>>
File: 20160223_161422.jpg (2MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20160223_161422.jpg
2MB, 4128x2322px
>>31865951
>LEObro with the Glock 20
You asking for me?
>>
>>31865960
>U know any cops with random ass degrees like computer science
I have like 95% of two AS Degree's but I used them for my primary job.
>>
>>31869980
How retarded are you? He doesn't work for the Scotland Yard/Met.
>>
>>31871683

This is probably the most honest post I've seen on this site, and you're right the NYPD is the most retarded Law Enforcement Institution in America.

Although I have high hopes with commissioner James O'Neil.

And have have you seen NYPD brass before, are you truly surprised pa 4channer is among them?
>>
>>31869453
: ^ )
>>
>>31877926
>have have you seen NYPD brass before, are you truly surprised pa 4channer is among them?
Of course. I usually assume that they're too busy sucking massive compstat dick and writing bullshit CDs to do anything remotely fun. Maybe my command spoils me in that regard - I just took a two day hit for an hour of lost time.

I think everything you need to know about O'Neill presented its self when he threw the 43 Sgt under the bus before the dust even settled with that EDP shooting. Pandering to Blasshole and all the bleeding hearts in the city is the name of the game now, and O'Neill knows it, even if it means throwing his cops under the bus - that's the whole MO of the NYPD nowadays; fuck everyone else, get ahead at any cost. It's god damn disgrace, and it drives the good men and women out in droves to PAPD, Nassau, Suffolk, and everywhere else - leaving behind, of course, the shitlers to run the show.

>tfw get to shittalk the brass to the brass
I fucking love this place
>>
>>31878312

We do fun stuff, but who would feel completely comfortable about getting shitfaced with there LT?

I go on the beat with the probationarys some times to give abit of guidance, show them community leaders you know all that shit (plus the precinct is boring) but you can tell the guys and gals are weary of you and I don't think that ever goes.

And yea compared from here, you are spoiled must be nice having someone give a shit about you.

I'm very aware what O'Neill did to that Sergeant and it was shitty, me personally I would never throw one of my officers under.

I was more talking of Compstat which he and Bratton brought in, but once again you're right it is politics and within a sense a rat race so if you want to survive you have to play.

I would say when you get to captain that's when the politics truely kick in, I would say LT is the last stop of it all about being the job.

And if you don't want to play politics then that's alright you get put into some shitty place like housing or fleet services etc until someone who wants to play comes along.

And you're right it pushes allot of good men and women out of the city and leaves complete cunts in charge and the fact that other departments pay more money doesn't help.

/k/ is a magical please, shame we couldn't do it over a beer, got a feeling we would of got on.

Had to quickly speed type this on phone so sorry for mistakes.
>>
>tax collectors with guns
>>
>>31870760
Hell, that's alot. How long did it take for you to reach LT?
>>
File: IMG_20161102_031071.jpg (349KB, 1510x2013px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161102_031071.jpg
349KB, 1510x2013px
>>31878663
>you are spoiled must be nice having someone give a shit about you.
If you missed the sarcasm, my Lt is hitting me for two vacation days because he got butthurt that I got the DO to approve an hour of lost time even though my Lt shat on my chart day and denied it. Tough love.

I'll keep my eyes peeled for a basketweave gunbelt next time I'm on a detail anyway, since it looks like you didn't drink the BMOC kool-aid like most bosses do.

Safe tour, Lou.

>some shitty place like housing
why you gotta rub it in? :(
image related, literal shit in housing
>>
>>31875160
because theyre by themselves on a highway. If anything goes wrong any backup could be 15 minutes away, which can get stressful. Also 90% of what you deal with is tickets and traffic stops, which are statistically one of the most dangerous parts of the job, not to mention the one where you will get the most sass from people
>>
>>31878682
>IRS does have issued guns
>>
>>31875174
>is it anything like the tv show where sexy women prsioners with a face full of makeup actually run the prison
no. You corral mostly fat bull dykes into their pens and keep them from starting fights. Its more like highschool then police work. Im not that anon you replied to either
>>
>>31865555
I thought he was a bisexual mexican these days
>>
>>31878776

I didn't man, I was joking with you but fuck me is your LT a cunt, does he not like you?

This is why we lose people, I've lost times where I've seen just what happend to you or so thing similar and they leave.

Are you LGBT? We have a massive hard on for that now so if you want me to get you somewhere...

And sorry bro didn't know you where condemned housing lol

>that pic

God dam does that picture give me flashbacks, I e never hated a place like the projects so much.

Safe tour brother and I'll look around for erm another cop?
>>
File: 1478020371211.gif (372KB, 499x281px) Image search: [Google]
1478020371211.gif
372KB, 499x281px
>>31876038
>trooper is firing ar15 through the windshield while driving

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

But honestly that's fucking badass, glad they finally got him. There was talk vance had a hitlist of people and I was worried he was gonna go out in a much worse blaze of glory and kill a lot of folks

t. Oklahomafag
>>
>>31876646
>17 was authorized last year anyway, m8

Ah.

And I can't tell what rank that badge is. My bad.
>>
Itt: NYPD
NYPD had their glocks increased from 5 pounds to a 7.5 pound trigger and again to 12 pounds because too many cops accidentally shot themselves but please tell me some more about how you guys are trained professionals.
>>
>>31880530
All the professionals are in the process of fleeing to greener pastures.
>>
>>31880552
They neutered the triggers over a decade ago though, how long does an exodus take.
>>
>>31865506
Thanks for your service
stay safe man
>>
>>31875388
get fucked hitler dubs
>>
File: DSC_0595.jpg (616KB, 2000x1335px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0595.jpg
616KB, 2000x1335px
Patch and the toy car were gifts from the sheriff, 1911 I had to buy
>>
>>31872660
Bump.
>>
>>31880530
>tell me some more about how you guys are trained professionals.
Frankly, we're not.

Here's the "training" I get:

>Microsoft Word: How to write UF-49 reports when you dun goofed!
>Hugbox community policing: How to be nice to hipsters!
>Microsoft Excel: How to pretend that Compstat is an effective tool!
>CBRN Refresher: Have you lost your mask yet?
>Annual range cycle: We'll hold your hand until you score at least 70% from spitting distance!
>Scooters, or How to Look Ridiculous While in Uniform
>Scooters 2: Smart Car's Revenge

We -used- to have INTAC, a training program which involved simunitions scenarios and actors in our tacticool mock city block - They'd throw you out there, and sometimes they'd give you a job over the radio, sometimes the scenario would unfold in the street - sometimes it'd be mundane nothing, or a "routine" thing suddenly escalating into a gun run, or even active shooter response. It was an amazing training tool, and at least for me, I feel it honed my abilities.
But they got rid of that a few years ago. Now they teach us how to be nice to people so they'll cooperate with us, pretty please.
>>
>>31875447
>obviously mad
>mad that I pointed out cops just harass civilians for revenue
>not to mention ruin more lives than they actually save
No, it is you who should an hero
>>
>>31871063
Where you at dog? I'll literally kill this nigger, real quick.
>>
File: ohp - Copy.png (392KB, 697x702px) Image search: [Google]
ohp - Copy.png
392KB, 697x702px
I'd like to give shout out to Oklahoma Highway Patrol for defending our state the other night, firing through his windshield and probably losing his hearing in the process.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkST-W5Ee0E
>>
File: FB_IMG_1478136733490.jpg (50KB, 683x960px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1478136733490.jpg
50KB, 683x960px
>>31884545
This is the trooper that did the shooting and driving
>>
>>31884688

That fucking jawline.
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (464KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
464KB, 1920x1200px
>>31884688
B.J. Blazkowicz?
>>
>>31870084
Local disturbances/temporary? Kick bad guy ass. If I die, that's shit luck. EMP/ROSSIYASTRONK/society's not gonna survive? Naw, fuck that shit we innawoods like bigfoot. Why get killed for nothing?
>>
>>31884545
Is that full retard @8:55 ?
>>
>>31865780
Thanks for the Hot Fuzz reference
>>
>>31871683
>>31876646
So, is that why they never went with .40 and stayed with 9mm? Theyre one of the only city departments I can think of that didnt adopt some .40 model as a sidearm
which is pretty funny because now everyone is dropping them
>>
>>31885162
No problem.
>>
File: 1459431105234.gif (219KB, 321x322px) Image search: [Google]
1459431105234.gif
219KB, 321x322px
>will you ever make detective, why or why not
>do you like working in the city, or find after all the recent...events its way more dangerous then say a small town or state trooper
>would you ever go federal
>do you like guys/have a healthy shooting culture with fellow officers, or are they as anti gun as NYC
>can you qualify with all approved sidearms and use them at your leisure, or do they make you pick one and stick with it
>is it true that your SWAT teams get those special smith and wesson revolvers to use with ballistic sheilds
>>
>>31874973
Bump,

Please reply op. I am actually quite curious.
>>
>>31884688
source?
>>
>>31885814
That's the guy, I don't want to mention names here but it's the top guy identified here. You can find other pictures with him online.

http://www.fox23.com/news/oklahoma-highway-patrol-to-hold-news-conference-release-michael-vance-shooting-tape/462792922
>>
>>31865698
the academy wont give a shit but you have to find a dept willing to hire someone with your background. we just hired a guy who had a dui but were a smaller dept in cook county, so we're maybe more lax than other spots. try either similar small depts or really big depts like chicago etc who hire so many ppl they barely look into their candidates. im sure by now others have answered you but thats my experience.
>>
>>31886554
>or really big depts like chicago etc who hire so many ppl they barely look into their candidates. im sure by now others have answered you but thats my experience.
kek I wouldn't bet on that. I've heard of people getting DQ'd for less than DUI shit.
>>
Fuck off pigs
>>
>>31885334
> I don't fuckin know, but our DB is big enough that it's possible
> Even my fairly large, violent town has periods of monotony at certain times of the day / year, can't imagine working somewhere with an even lower call volume
> I'd miss the streets, but I'd be retarded to turn down a federal offer
> I don't think NYPD is anti-gun by choice but most guys in my Dept are at least mild fun enthusiasts
> Everyone gets issued the M&P with the exception listed below
> No but they get sweet custom 1911s that they get to carry on any assignment
>>
>>31886930
exactly, CPD is xbox huge but they will ninja dq ppl for shit like admiting to smoking weed ten years ago
>>
>>31865506
How well would a foreign cop adapt to being an american cop?
>>
File: 1440290060291.jpg (78KB, 338x305px) Image search: [Google]
1440290060291.jpg
78KB, 338x305px
>>31888713
youre not the NYPD bro
>>
Thanks for this thread. I woke up today wishing I could forget everything I've seen in law enforcement, now I'm glad I'm a cop.
>>
>>31877928
I hope you fall into a fecal ridden pool. You are a filthy mongrel. A son of a woman who neither bathes or contributes to society.
>>
>>31890903
Do you think the pay is worth it?
>>
>>31890834
Well this question:

>do you like guys/have a healthy shooting culture with fellow officers, or are they as anti gun as NYC

...suggested to me that he's asking about other departments in comparison to the NYPD
>>
>>31894303
it was meant as
>do the police in NYC like guns, or are they as anti gun as the people and politicians of NYC
>>
>>31893031
No but I don't do it for the pay.
>>
>>31869039
Switched from Sheriff's Office to City. Went from Glock 20 to Glock 22. Qualification scores went from high 90's to mid 80's. Complained about trigger. Was told by firearms instructor "It's not the gun's fault, you suck." Ok, whatever, you are a fucking cock.

Armorer checks out assigned weapon about a year later. Piece of shit had a NY trigger mistakenly installed and one of the pins inside was broken.

12 lb triggers are bullshit as was our firearms instructor at that agency.

At another dept now. Have Sig 229 DAK now. meh, it's alright, hate the odd reset on it but it's OK.
>>
>>31873552
go back to /pol/ anarchyfag
>>
>>31865506
20 years on the job. Fifth and last agency.

Went Federal uniformed because benefits and no more comp time fuckery. Same pay (only I actually get raises for time in service) & 90% less work. Waiting on promotion results for Lt position but HR is being slow useless .gov employees.

Another plus, it's federal so you can tell news media to "fuck off and get off the property" in a polite way.
>>
>>31889451
Maplefag or Ausfag probably pretty well. Other western countries would be in for a rude awakening as to just what motherfuckers the bottom 10% is like.
>>
>>31898092
Any advice for someone getting on now(in this interesting climate)? things you know now which you wish you had known then? how to make it through probationary period?
>>
I'm not a cop I'm a pog in the Marines but I have a story from when I was on loan to the Military Police because they needed extra bodies
>riding in cop car with actual MP
>he's letting me talk on the radio and whatnot since he know I want to be a cop when I get out
>call comes in for domestic dispute not 3 streets away from where we are
>"neighbors report that 2 sets of parents are making their young children fight in the street"
>haul ass over there and everythingsee already broken up and people gone
>knock on door of supposed suspect
>Hawaiian guy answers and explains to us that his son was being bullied by a classmate for quite some time now, he walked over to the classmates house and asked to speak to the childs mother who wasn't home
>the child's uncle instead answers the door.
>Hawaiian guy and uncle talk it out both agree that bullying and fighting senselessly is wrong, kids shake hands and everyone goes home happy

Cont.
>>
>>31898193
>few hours later the other kids mom shows up on Hawaiian guys front doorstep screaming and cursing about "how dare u try to tell me how to raise MY son"
>throwing shit at Hawaiian guys house demanding he bring his "little bastard" out to fight her son (turns out Hawaiian guy isn't the kids biological Father but raised him nonetheless)
>Hawaiian guy tells lady to go away but continues causing a huge scene and saying her son could kick his bastards ass etc etc
>Hawaiian guy tells his kid bullying and fighting is wrong but self defense is okay and let's him fight the bully
>Hawaiian kid has been doing mma for 3 years but had never defended himself for fear of getting in trouble
>whoops the other kid easy
>other kids mom jumps in an starts trying to fight a fuckin 10 year old
>makes a giant scene and insists get your wife out here I'll whoop her ass too! Wooooooorld Staaaaaaaar! (Not even playing, witnesses described this)
>Hawaiian guy goes inside with his kid and tells her to get lost
>this is right about when me and cop bro arrive on scene
> have to detain both sets of parents because child endangerment
>arrive at other kids house finally (nobody in the neighborhood would tell us where he lived despite it being small military housing and everyone knowing everyone)
>knock on door and lady jumps out already screaming oh shit it's da po-leese! Yea that bitch would call da po-lease fucking pussy!
>getting way to close to cop bro and generally being threatening
>I smell weed
>call k9, lady consents to search because "go ahead I ain't got nuffin I ain't do nuffin"
>k9 finds brick of weed
>turns out uncle is illegal house guest or whatever, staying on base housing long term without permission
>lady gets hauled off in handcuffs to along with Hawaiian bro
>Hawaiian bro is released to his command who doesn't press charges
>lady is a civilian and gets fucked in the ass by courts, cop bro makes me call child protective services myself
>>
>>31898211
I ran in to Hawaii guy later on at the gas station and he was friendly and said he didn't get in any sort of trouble. He had 2 biological kids plus 3 that his wife brought to the marriage from a previous relationship. All the kids looked healthy and we'll dressed and the house was in good order when I saw it, nothing happened to him. The other lady also had like 4 kids some from different father's with different names also. CPS had to open cases on all of them and I had a hell of a time trying to tell the lady over the phone the 9 black and Hawaiian names like ja'meeq and manuiia and 4 separate last names lol
Thread posts: 176
Thread images: 30

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.