[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How Quick could we destroy IS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

File: 113988.jpg (189KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
113988.jpg
189KB, 800x600px
Lets say US Canada UK France and Germany and a few others. Russia isn't a problem No restrictions on what methods could be used. Air force Army and Navy....
Would we be talking a few weeks?
>>
That depends. Is it just wiping them off the earth and fuck the collateral damage or are we stuck doing the ineffective methods we did in the middle east
>>
>>31863337

pretty much this, are we winning a hearts and minds campaign, or a scorched earth turn the desert to glass campaign?
>>
>>31863337
Whats going on now doesn't seem to be doing much in the way off bombing's. So could they send ground forces in to see how IS would react to a new threat off properly trained soldiers and general ground forces. Apologise for not sounding full military.
>>
>>31863303

But where would we find an orbital colony large enough to create such a crater?
>>
>>31863364
>are we winning a hearts and minds campaign
There is no winning "Hearts and minds" when you're at war. The muslim brotherhood of america advised obama and bush on how to fight islamic terrorists, and, no surprise, they purposefully gave shitty advice.

Hearts and minds is a meme.
>>
>>31864126
>Hearts and minds is a meme.

It isn't, but it requires two things.

Firstly opponent has to be civilized humans, muslims aren't humans and certainly not civilized. Worked fine in both Germany and Japan after WWII as both are civilized nations.

Second requirement is having competent military leadership with well thought out post invasion counter-insurgency doctrine, that is what failed in Iraq. US military didn't have any detailed plan for what they would do in Iraq after Saddam was ousted and pretty much every unit was left on it's own to make up their occupation policy.
>>
>>31863303
I'm no meteorologist or any sort of natural scientist, but I'd think that somehow making a crater that large would fuck up something with the earth. Probably worse than some goat fuckers who kill some white people every year.
>>
>>31863303
10-20 years at best.

You are look at a irregular for that recruits from all of the world in one of the most arms-rich environments in the world. It would be a long, bloody occupation of Syria and even then you would see the group mirage to other areas and recruit from other populations.

Best way to deal with them is to just let the locals do the fighting and keep them mostly contained to the middle east.
>>
>>31863303
Hillary says 4 minutes.
>>
File: 2a1.png (58KB, 680x383px) Image search: [Google]
2a1.png
58KB, 680x383px
>>31864955
>Worked fine in both Germany and Japan after WWII as both are civilized nations.
Had family killing both of those teams. They'd disagree about either being 'civilized'
>>
>>31865723
4 min is the time the for deciding to launch a second strike before Russian ICBMs hit. It has nothing to do with launching a first strike.
>>
>>31865110
that's "turn part of the earth into a rocket engine and change it's orbit around the sun" levels of explosion

the explosion wouldn't even be that powerful as you'd think on the ground either, the explosion would be so large as the fireball went out to the sides it would simply ignore the earth and go straight out into space. you would have massive shocks going through the entire earth, the atmosphere would compact (as in bordering on solid levels) then as it spreads it would potentially lead to worldwide firestorms, and in the process all water would boil off

it's a very safe assumption to say only extremophile bacteria would be able to survive.
>>
>>31863303
Isn't your pic what you're asking?

Also
>implying the west has any interest in destroying them
>>
I don't think people realise the current scale of western operations in Iraq and Syria.
>>
Two weeks max if we let Midwest rednecks have open season on the Midwest. Biggest issue is shipping that many damn dodge rams.
>>
>>31865800
This is the most autistic thing i've read today. Congratulations.
>>
Do we still want the oil reserves there? Also, do we value the lives of the residents? And are we worried about the budget? If the answers are no to all three, I think the nations you mentioned were all to put their whole arsenals of warships and aircraft suitable for ground attack, bombardment, SEAD, and generally fuck-your-shit type assets with no regard for collateral... 2 weeks.
>>
>>31865981
Forgot to add, this is with conventional munitions.
Also, another question, are we using any artillery on the ground, such as MLRS? If so, knock a few days off that estimate.
>>
>>31865760
So you're too retarded to read or understand the difference between the war machine and the general public? Neat
>>
>>31866361
You never heard of the Bushido Code then? I could agree for Germany, but Japan's entire doctrine for if the Americans invaded the main island of japan, was to arm literally everyone. Guess what? They agreed with doing just that. So no, Japan wasn't "civilized", if that's a proper term.
>>
>>31863303
what kind of fucking cuckold good goy would leave Israel out of that strike. Seriously fuck off I have India and Pakistan but Iran is a nice place and their people never did anything to me.
>>
>you will never see fleets of C-5s conducting massive strategic bombing raids with a bunch of MOABs while the Russians do the same with their FOABs reducing the middle east to scorched dust
>>
>>31863303
If we stopped giving them weapons to destabilize middle eastern countries that are trying to align with Russia it might help.
>>
>>31864955
has anyone told (you) you're retarded yet anon
>>31864126
it wasn't a meme for American soldiers in Vietnam who had to deal with massive unpopularity among locals you need some level of local support in another country you're fighting in, especially in an unconventional war.
>>31863303
>destroy IS
the biggest meme here is the idea you can destroy an ideology in the internet age. at its core ISIS isn't some army with divisions sitting around the desert waiting to be blown to the stone age, its a radical belief fueled by western interventionism, further intervention by the west outside of airsupport and supplying favorable groups would only strengthen the ideology even if it technically took out most of its on the ground military ability. Its not ISIS grunts that are actually a threat to the west its some random immigrant ahmed getting inspired to blow up a crowd of people because American soldiers are "occupying" his homeland.
>>
>>31863303
>Lets say US Canada UK France and Germany and a few others.
why exactly would the US fight IS?
>>
>>31866584
Yes, why the fuck is Turkey still up and running while Persia is fucking gone?
>>
>>31868528
Its good to be in NATO.
>>
>>31863303
>Stop giving money and weaponry to the "moderate rebels" who trade weapons and give troops to ISIS
>Let Assad deal with it
Problem solved in two weeks. Cost=$0.
>>
WHY ARENT WE SNEAK ATTACKING MOSUL GENERAL PATTON USED SNEAK ATTACKS IM SMARTER THAN THE GENERALS THEY SHOULD ALL BE FIRED
>>
>>31866554
I guess you have not heard of Volkstrum battalions fighting in the Eastern and Western front with people as young as 14 and people as old as 60+.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.