[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I fucked up and I hate the ATF.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 8

File: tOCA82G.jpg (715KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
tOCA82G.jpg
715KB, 2560x1440px
I'm19. I bought an $750 Vepr 12 from an online dealer and had hoped to FFL transfer it... When I show up today I will be denied because muh gumment. I need advice.

I have 30 days before the FFL 'disposes' of it, aka keeps it for himself.

From what I know, I can sell the rights to it to another person then have the FFL transfer it to them (not as a straw purchase, but to SELL it for $1 or some small amount)... is this true from what I hear?

Who do I have get it?
1: My mom, same address (different surname)? Will the guy recognize that we have the same address then call the ATF about a potential straw purchase, and get our door kicked in?
2: My dad, same name, potentially disqualified due to domestic abuse conviction or w/e 10 years ago?
3: My uncle (different address and name, completely impossible to prove straw purchase or be denied) who would have to drive back to my state and apply for that permit and then wait for a week?

Am I shit out of luck and have to send it back?

Sorry if incoherent, been up all night kinda panicking. I know you all probably think I'm retarded as shit and I'm sorry.
>>
File: 1477807589212.png (436KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1477807589212.png
436KB, 600x600px
>>31860123
>not having a chill fun store whom will work with you
>not being retarded
Why did you buy it, if you knew you would get denied?
>>
>>31860123
Lol wtf
>>
>>31860123
You're allowed to return guns m8. Just send it back to store. Will probably cost you shipping and restocking.
>>
Fucking what? You can buy long guns and shotguns at 18 you retarded sperg.
>>
>>31860123
>felon, barred from owning guns
>lives with mom
>dad also barred from owning guns
>bought gun anyway

Hmm selling a $750 gun for $1 to someone, in the expectation they will transfer it back to you isnt a straw purchase? Good luck making that case to the judge. You don't have enough problems as it is?
>>
>>31860179
/thread
>>
>>31860179
I'm not a felon. The shotgun is an AR and you need to be 21.

>>31860168
Not a shotgun with pistol grip.

>>31860142
I was confused just as the anon above me was. I didn't know I wasn't allowed to take ownership until yesterday.

>>31860159
I know, but I don't want to pay for something I didn't take ownership of unless I have no other options. Also, possible they'll reject my return.

This thread theme:
https://youtu.be/nJ-bIeJ4zOY
>>
>>31860123
Your post is retarded to say the least, but why exactly can't you own a gun?
>>
OP, the FFL should have gave you some papers to help you appeal your denial.
>>
>>31860204
What state do you live in, which you have to be 21 for an AR? I bought a bunch of long guns between 18-20.
>>
>>31860217
nvm, since its a shotgun w/ pistol grip, i think youre screwed unless you get someone else to go buy it for you
>>
>>31860204
Fuck off you cancerous newfag.
>>
>>31860226
The fed's rules that only apply to FFL transfers. I've bought a legal AR at 18 with no issue.

>>31860235
I love you too.
>>
>>31860123
>My mom

This is your best bet. You won't have your door kicked in and dog shot by the ATF because your mom owns the gun and has it at her house. Nothing illegal about it.

If you can't get your mom to have it transferred to her for some reason, then, as other anons have said, you can just send it back for a refund. Yes, you will have to pay shipping and handling but at this point, this is your only option.
>>
>>31860249
You're being lied to. You can have it transferred to your shop at the age of 18 unless you live in a commie state.
>>
Exact wording:

"
A firearm with a pistol grip in lieu of the shoulder stock is
not designed to be fired from the shoulder and, therefore,
is not a shotgun. Since it is a firearm “other than a rifle or
shotgun,” the purchaser must be 21 years of age or older.
"
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.atf.gov/file/56446/download&ved=0ahUKEwi2gKvqj4XQAhVp0YMKHWbKDqEQFggbMAA&usg=AFQjCNHeeP8_38QUh2lUaYLWOT5Zed58bw&sig2=vFkJOqB0-qp_uAhXgTMfzw
-

The toxicity is surprising given that most anons ITT didn't know before now either and that this was an honest mistake...
>>
>>31860257
OK, thanks for your opinion. You never know with the raid-happy feds nowadays.

>>31860258
Read the link. It is a federal rule that my state- a rather lax gun law state- has no control over.

All bow down before the honorable fed.
>>
>>31860204
>with pistol grip
Thats not what that means
Fuck man
Like, a pistol grip instead of a stock, mossberg cruiser style
>>
>>31860266
you found a stockless vepr 12?
>>
File: VEPR-12 vs stockless.jpg (77KB, 1068x631px) Image search: [Google]
VEPR-12 vs stockless.jpg
77KB, 1068x631px
>>31860266
> in lieu of

The law is describing a shotgun that has a pistol grip >instead of< a stock. Not any shotgun that has a pistol grip. OP's gun doesn't qualify.
>>
>>31860266
Dumbass. It has a stock, it's just a shotgun. You can buy it at 18.
>>
File: VPR-12-11_btmc.jpg (223KB, 1407x487px) Image search: [Google]
VPR-12-11_btmc.jpg
223KB, 1407x487px
>>31860291
[I don't live in CA, but I know the rules are the same at the fed. Level]

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/archive/index.php/t-593139.html
>>
>>31860123
If I understand correctly you bought a shotgun...so regardless of configuration you should be fine.
If the store denies you, ask what your option are. Dont worry about straw purchases, it doesnt apply to you because you are not getting someone else to buy a gun for you to commit crimes, you are selling your gun to someone else so that later on you can take possession of it when you are legally permitted to do so.
>>
File: 1372442125076.png (672KB, 982x683px) Image search: [Google]
1372442125076.png
672KB, 982x683px
>>31860266
>A firearm with a pistol grip in lieu of the shoulder stock is not designed to be fired from the shoulder
>pistol grip in lieu of the shoulder stock
>in lieu of

Not "in addition to" but "in lieu of" which means your rifle with a pistol grip AND a shoulder stock does not get affected by this law.

Learn to lawyer, anon. Pic related.
>>
>>31860324
this

>stop worrying and go get your gun
>>
If the FFL won't transfer it to you file a complaint with the BBB and have them ship it to a different FFL that understands the law.
>>
>>31860337

I'd like to tell him that, but from what he is describing, the gun store is committing the same mistake as >>31860266

Which sucks for OP because there is little chance of being able to convince the gun store to change their policy, either by their paranoia in not wanting to break the law, their pride in believing they're right even when they're not, or simply by the fact that they are assholes.

In an ideal world, we could go up to the guy running an FFL operation and pull up the relevant law, tell him what it means, and show why he is mistaken, and he will allow the transaction. The sad fact is that most FFLs have their heads stuck some place and are not willing to change their policy just because one customer says so, even if that customer is right.

That being said, OP could find a different FFL that doesn't have their heads planted in their asses and are willing to do the transfer, have it shipped there, and have them do the transfer. Of course, that's going to still cost him some money for S&H, but it's an option.
>>
File: 1476666384437.jpg (95KB, 1072x821px) Image search: [Google]
1476666384437.jpg
95KB, 1072x821px
Sorry. I have an anxiety problem probably, you can't really blame me for thinking the legalese is going to fuck me over when I can't even get a truck driver certificate. (Or a handgun, Minnesota, is 21- or AR lower, federal 21)

Thank you all.

Pls accept my Halloween Cade as repayment/apologies. http://imgur.com/VPb5rmQ
>>
>>31860378
>File a complaint with the BBB
Holy shit nigger, OP getting a no-go from a NICS check is beyond a fucking Yelp rating.
>>
>>31860396
It's not a NICS check, they're refusing him a transfer because they think you have to be 21 to buy a shotgun with a stock and pistol grip. Which is retarded.
>>
>>31860415
Then call the ATF and let them drop the fucking hammer on them for being a shit and bootleg FFL.
>>
>>31860429
Their store, their policy. Like I said all OP can do is have them send it somewhere that isn't retarded.
>>
http://imgur.com/1oXAMYP
>>
File: 60065936.jpg (63KB, 435x259px) Image search: [Google]
60065936.jpg
63KB, 435x259px
>>31860249
>The fed's rules that only apply to FFL transfers. I've bought a legal AR at 18 with no issue.
Someone's lying to you. Unless you live in a fucking bizarre ass state, someone's full of shit. Might be a store policy that they lie about the origins of, might be the store wants to keep the gun, or whoever told you is a fucking idiot.

There is no federal rule that prohibits the transfer of a rifle or shotgun with assault style features to an adult under 21.
>>
Send it to another FFL. Pay the shipping.

Then smear that FFL that can't read with negative internet reviews about them having policies in addition to the actual laws, which they try to pass off as the law.
>>
>>31860392
There's no problem. The tangle of laws and bullshit is something every gun owner has to go though in some capacity. A lot of us have been in a bullshit situation like yours or have taken pains to avoid one. It's one of the reasons why gun owners are sick of yet more gun laws and red tape.
>>
>>31860469
Yeah, OP you're clearly in the right here, I'd start by printing that ATF newsletter then highlighting where it says IN LIEU OF A STOCK and trying to show them why they're retarded, otherwise tell them you want it shipped to a different FFL, if they refuse call the cops for stolen property.
>>
>>31860479
I love my /k/ommando brothers .

Extra homo

OP is going to sleep.
>>
>>31860392
if >>31860266 is correct, then call up your local justice official, explain the situation, and have them ok it. do it in front of the FFL and have him talk to them, I did that to buy a long gun from out of state when the guy got paranoid about reciprocity.

if theyre still retarded then tell them to ship it to a non retard ffl
>>
Holy shit OP you illiterate moron
>>
>>31860502
They aren't obligated by law to do the transfer for OP. They can just make up a bullshit reason (which they did) and simply refuse. Getting the cops involved isn't going to work.
>>
>>31860324
I love this
>>
>>31860529
It is if they're threatening to keep it.
>>
>>31860534
If they refuse to allow shipment to another FFL, then you would be right. However, that hasn't been tried yet.
>>
>>31860526
You try being awake for 35 hours, friend.

I'm an engineer who creates, not a lawyer who seeks rent and stirs up trouble. :^)
>>
>>31860513
OP update us as you go through this.
>>
>>31860550
>19
>immaenginuur!
Hilarious.
>>
>>31860554

https://youtu.be/QA2RKjk8Vms
>>
>>31860460

This.

It could be some dumb fudd who doesnt know his laws. That is unless anon is saying he bought what is legally defined as a pistol.
>>
>>31860123
Where did you get a hold of a $750 vepr 12? I keep seeing them at ~$900
>>
>>31860609
Gun broker, but it's the keyhole walnut stock version.
All the $750 fixed tube ones are sold out, trust me.
>>
>>31860288
>federal rule in my state

Dude there is no law barring you from transferring a shotgun under the age of 21. Your shop is retarded.
>>
>>31860744
>Gun broker, but it's the keyhole walnut stock version.
Unless you live in a shit state that's not even legally a pistol grip.
>>
>>31860204
So get the store to remove the pistol grip and sell it separate to you...
>>
As other anons have said, you're being fucked with by a dumbfuck FFL who doesn't understand the law or that just wants a free gun. If possible, have the gun sent to another FFL that isn't a jackass but make sure beforehand that they'll do the transfer. Are you that anon from the thread a few days ago asking about a shotgun? If so, I specifically said to talk to the FFL about the details BEFORE having the gun shipped out.
>>
>>31860123
This shit happened to me last week, I'm still figuring out what to do. Hope it works out for you bro
>>
>>31860211
The ffl can't transfer it to him because he is under 21, I think
>>
>>31861380
Won't, not can't.
>>
>>31860123
Here's the actual answer you need. Call the ATF and make the shop talk to them. If they are incorrectly holding your property they must hand it over, if they are incorrectly interpreting the law the ATF will tell them. Call your local ATF field office this is literally what they do.
>>
File: 1477364053604.jpg (290KB, 480x621px) Image search: [Google]
1477364053604.jpg
290KB, 480x621px
>>31860547
Learn to read you fucking inbread he said if they won't process it or transfer it then call the cops for theft. Nothing about the cops enforcing the sale. Holy fuck your reading comprehension is poor.
>>
Kinda like if you buy an ar lower and the ffl fills out the form saying its a rifle or pistol, you cant put a vfg on it w/o dat tax stamp but if they marked it as other you can put a vfg on it as long as its oal is more than 26". Shits retarded
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.