[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Your 10+1 choice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 4

File: ducks.jpg (10KB, 254x200px) Image search: [Google]
ducks.jpg
10KB, 254x200px
It seems like CA-legal means being limited to a capacity of 10+1. What handgun would you choose if you were limited to this capacity? Would you pick a 1911, or would you go for those extra two rounds?
Also,
I plan on moving to CA from PA next summer. I currently own zero guns. Would I be better off buying a handgun in PA before moving? The wording on this website makes it seem like I can own anything in CA as long as I don't sell it: http://certguns.doj.ca.gov/

TLDR: What handgun would you pick if stranded in CA and limited to 10+1
>>
File: 1446965786945.gif (3MB, 250x188px)
1446965786945.gif
3MB, 250x188px
>>31859986

Going full Mexican with .38 super barreled 1911 with 9mm cap mags.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSevk49yokc
>>
File: image.jpg (118KB, 717x480px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
118KB, 717x480px
If I'm going to be limited in capacity, P239 all the wag. All around excellent shooter with a grip that works incredibly well for smaller hands. It's basically a 1911 in DA/SA format
>slim grip
>outstanding trigger
>very easy to shoot
>hilariously low capacity
>heavy

I really should sell my shitty P226 I have no practical need for and get a P239 to replace it.
>>
Can I buy a Beretta 92 in PA and take it to CA or can I not bring in any higher-than-10 capacity guns?
>>
>>31861477
>>calguns.net

CA resident here, I'm not entirely sure. No matter what, you can not bring any magazines that hold over 10 rounds. Our laws are a messy patchwork of legislature and regulations, and it's going to get worse next year with all the new bills that got signed into law.

Get ready to deal with:

>Three separate assault weapons bans
>"Safe Handgun Roster"
>10-day waiting period
>Potential background checks on ammunition & no online ammunition purchases (Measure 63 on ballot)
>Ridiculous dealer fees b/c of all the regulations

Damn near no new handguns are being imported into the state due to that list. It's ridiculous. They had an original list that encompassed most common models, but that list "expired" recently and a pitiful number of handguns have been added. I don't know how that pertains to your situation. Call the CA DOJ and do some research.
>>
File: desertquad.jpg (73KB, 875x387px) Image search: [Google]
desertquad.jpg
73KB, 875x387px
>>31861652
Thank you. Man, it sounds like it really sucks. I guess I'll buy a gun in PA with a 10 round magazine.

So... You're not allowed to own a handgun that isn't on this 'list'? Like, what if the list changes to exclude a gun you already own?
>>
>>31861740
ca a stores are only allowed to sell you handguns that are on the list. at a personal level you can own what you want as long as its not an assult pistol. you cant buy but you can own. if you want x gun buy it before you move to ca. when you move there a form to declare your guns and a 19 fee for each.
look up the definition of assult pistol so you dont accidentally buy one and have to toss it out. of the top of my head anything with a threaded barrel is illegal, anything with the mag outside of the grip like a tec9 is illegal and revolving shot guns like the judge. there might be a few more that i forgot so look it up.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.