[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Magpul B.A.D. Lever

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 4

File: magpulBADlever.jpg (14KB, 400x250px) Image search: [Google]
magpulBADlever.jpg
14KB, 400x250px
Is the Magpul BAD lever just a meme? Is it just one more thing that can brake? Is having something threw the trigger guard other than your finger really a good idea? Should I get one?
>>
>>31859596
It's a meme.
>>
>>31859601
That is pretty much what I was thinking.
>>
>>31859596
Have one. Fucking love it. Trying to lock the bolt back without one is a major pain In the ass
>>
>>31859596
No ambi lowers are memes. If BAD levers were such failures why are they still around?

Most people use it to lock bolt back. If you have a precision gun, it's easier to drop bolt without moving your body too much.

Why don't you buy one to try, and decide for yourself? It's not essential equipment, but it's not a bad piece of kit.
>>
>>31859653
>it's easier to drop bolt without moving your body too much

Explain? Wouldn't you have a round chambered before lining up your target?
>>
>>31859653
Tight on money atm, could buy 2-3 more magazines for the price of a bad lever. But if it was the end all be all of AR-15 accessories I would get one.
>>
>>31859663
Snipers and marksmen in prone prefer to move their body as little as possible. Like I said, it's not essential, but useful.

>>31859665
Sometimes they go on sale at PA for like 50% off. You can buy used ones on Ebay for a little less. It's $25, so it's not wildly expensive, just save up. You can always sell it for 90% money back.

It's not essential, but nice to have for clearing malfunctions.
>>
>>31859596
I got one and I fucking love it. It's only like 30 bucks dude. Just get it and if you font like it sell it.

And I would be highly impressed if you ever broke it.
>>
>>31859633
> lefty here
> PITA
It's about as easy as the magazine catch, you're just holding it wrong.

> uses Norgon magazine catch instead
>>
>>31859596
Get the same design and a different material like metal and it's a great option.
>>
>>31859784
t. Non Bad Lever Owner
>>
>>31859633
>Trying to lock the bolt back without one is a major pain In the ass
Uh, I assume you mean from a firing position, but I can't think of a circumstance where you would do that.
>>
>>31859653
>No ambi lowers are memes.
Depends on how they do it. *cough*POF putting a bolt release under the ejection port cover*cough*
>>
>>31859596
The inventor of it hasn't used one in years.

That should be a clue.
>>
Love mine, can't imagine having to take my hand off the grip to lock the bolt back anymore. Won't buy any modern rifle again until this feature is standard.
>>
>>31859596
Wronghanded here. Helps me with manual of arms just a touch (hehe)

I'd rather have an ambi lower though. Can anyone suggest a good ambi lower?
>>
>>31859982
I heard that ambi lowers were a meme.
>>
>>31859987
I heard all lowers are a meme. Real men just use the upper and hold the bcg in place with their hand as their other hand strikes the firing pin with a tiny hammer
>>
>>31859697
>Snipers and marksmen
>for an AR15

you still didn't explain why a "sniper" or "marksman" would line up a target, THEN close the bolt on a round.

just admit that it (BAD) and (You) are unnecessary to the world.
>>
>>31859912
Who? Travis Haley? He hates magpul now.

>>31860135
Saves time m8. Why speak if you have no experience?
>>
>>31859912
The inventor is also sponsored by BCM and doesn't have any magpul stuff on any of his rifles. Not that "Travis Haley stopped using it" is even an actual argument
>>
>>31860013

Lel
>>
>>31860013
Tip toppest of keks
>>
>>31859663
It's more for when you change mags. You slap a new mag in and instead of slapping the bolt release on the side you just tap it with your trigger finger.
>>
>not having ambi lowers
Lol poorfags
>>
>>31860340
Or press it normally with your thumb
>>
>>31859697
You still have to pull on the charging handle to lock the bolt to the rear, try doing that in the prone position. But why wouldn't you just already have a round in the chamber? You shouldn't be closing the bolt if you're lining up a shot on a target.

Imo, it just clutters up the trigger area. Its a meme. Get a Falkor Defense, LWRC or LMT M.A.R.S. lower w/ ambi bolt catch instead.
>>
>>31859653
No. If BAD levers where so great why don't you see them on any actual fighting rifles? I've never seen them on any gun used by someone who actually has expirience running that gun in an offensive/defensive way. The only guns I ever see them on belong to people who never shoot their rifles.
Face it, they're unnecessary. Its a solution for a problem that doesn't exist.
>>
I have one on my rifle. At my local range, we can only shoot from the bench. My right hand is on the trigger, left hand under the stock. With the lever, I don't have to break my shooting position and I can use my right hand to drop, change mags, and release the bolt. Like using a bolt action, lever action, or my M1a. Use the left hand to hold the rifle and my right to work the action. The weight of the lever does keep the bolt hold from working occasionally.
>>
>>31860369
Or just tap it with your finger without even looking at it cuz bad levers are cool.

I'm not accurate enough with my left hand to press that with just my finger without actually looking at it. I can do the palm slap but the lever just makes it easier for me.

Plus tacticool
>>
>>31860677
Keep your thumb on the notch as you reload, it will end up being right on top of bolt release.
>>
File: Bad Lever.jpg (191KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
Bad Lever.jpg
191KB, 1280x853px
>>31860579
It's faster for reloads m8. If you don't like it, don't use it. No one cares.

>>31860617
Pic related. You'll only find them on SF rifles as they are not standard issue.

I said they are not essential, but nice to have. No one cares if you don't want to use them.
>>
>>31859596
It is good for three types of people.
1) Somebody with an injured/disabled support hand
2) Somebody who is remaining prone and trying to limit their movement to attempt to get that last 1/128 moa of extra accuracy
3) Somebody trying to taticool out their rifle because they saw it in some photo of an "operator"
>>
I fucking love mine. I put it on my M16A4 every time it was out of the arms room.

It fixes the one problem with AR pattern manual of arms.
>>
I had one on one of my rifles for about a year. I bought it for my first one before I really knew anything about ARs or fighting rifle training. I recently took it off, but I would have removed it much earlier if I hadn't lost the little tool for it for a time.

It's a training crutch and having extra shit inside the trigger guard is a liability in cold climates. Probably gonna sell it and let someone else get their tacticool fix until they, too wise up.
>>
>>31860919
wait, now its for faster reloads? before you said it was for snipers to move as little as possible.

it's a mall ninja gimmick, give up already.
>>
>>31861026
>attempt to get that last 1/128 moa of extra accuracy

on a semi auto rifle. got it.
>>
>>31861529
In reality it is to cut about 1/4 MOA or so from slight reposition.
And a well made semiauto can be extremely accurate. It is just a hell of a lot easier to make a bolt action accurate.
>>
>>31859596
I like using it on my PRS semi gun. It make life a bit easier on stages that mandate the bolt start open at the beginning of the stage and should I have a feed problem, fixing the problem is much quicker. Overall I think it is worth it because it makes bolt manipulation possible without having to change hands and give up fire control.
>>
>>31861515
It can't be both? How retarded are you?
>>
>>31861529
>attempt to get that last 1/128 of extra intelligence

on a retard? got it
>>
>>31861635
>In reality it is to cut about 1/4 MOA or so from slight reposition.
Or you could not be a shithead and just realign your body correctly so you are on target again.
>>
THREAD SUMMARY:

Bad Lever Owners: It is nice to have, but not necessary. Up to user to decide.

Salty Faggots: WHY THE FUCK DO YOU NEED IT? IT'S GAY. IT'S FOR MALL NINJAS. WHAT DIFFERENCE AT THIS POINT DOES IT MAKE? I KEEP MY RIFLE FACTORY AND PURE. NYET RIFLE IS FINE. IT'S A WASTE OF MONEY. TRAVIS HALEY DOESN'T SHILL IT ANYMORE. NO MILITARY USES IT. I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY YOU'D WANT TO USE AN ITEM THAT FITS YOUR NEEDS. YOUR OPINIONS DON't MATTER. I KNOW EVERYTHING.
>>
>>31861846
Oh I agree. But some people are just trying to cut every variable out. (Not me, but I am not too good of a shot to begin with).
>>
File: visalrail04[1].jpg (56KB, 600x359px) Image search: [Google]
visalrail04[1].jpg
56KB, 600x359px
>>31861993
>But some people are just trying to cut every variable out.
Those are called Bench shooters.
>>
File: mallninja.jpg (88KB, 600x481px) Image search: [Google]
mallninja.jpg
88KB, 600x481px
>>31861955
found the salty faggot.
>>
>>31862168
Not even your arguments are original. KYS senpai.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.