[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

First Time Shooter, winged it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 1474755499973.jpg (57KB, 926x515px) Image search: [Google]
1474755499973.jpg
57KB, 926x515px
>never shot a gun before
>go to range, bullshit my way into rental
>fire, reload, and handle gun all based on Hickok45 and call of duty
>shoot 9mm CZ p-09 no problem
>place target 7 meters out
>look at target, would probably pass CHL test based on scoring

what is the reason for starting .22, and why does anyone act like this is difficult?
why do you guys recommend a wussy caliber (.22) in the sticky when 9mm can be handled by a complete neophyte?
>>
>>31854734
I don't actually suggest .22LR as a first gun, but when I teach people I usually start them on one. It's a good way to ease them into shooting without intimidating them. I've seen plenty of macho tough guys run off with their tail between their legs after they shoot something like an AK or Mauser for the first time.
>>
most new shooters are pussies, so .22 is good for light recoil, little noise and such.
i dont think anyone other than noobs act like its difficult, maybe to make new shooters feel better
.22 is good for practicing fundamentals cheaply and as I said before with little recoil
>>
Because its cheaper to shoot.

Its good to start children on as well, but theres no problem starting with something bigger if you dont mind the cost.

Its just nice to be able to take a .22 and a shitload of ammo somewhere and dick around all day. If you are only going to ranges then maybe thats no big deal. I grew up hiking around the foothills with my dad, he carried a lever gun for mountain lion defense, i lugged around the .22, carrying several boxes of .22lr is less hassle than something bigger.
>>
>>31854734
I started on 9mm too. People say to start with .22 because it's low recoiling and eases people into shooting. It's also cheap.
>>
powerful centerfire rifles can give a newer shooter a nasty flinch which can be hard to get rid of and ruins accuracy
>>
>>31854857
>powerful centerfire rifles
>9mm handgun

choose one and only one
>>
I learned to shoot with a mosin m44 shooting 54R no pussy pad. plinking with that son of a bitch makes my AR feel like a nerf gun. I now understand the reason why US troops hated the m4/m16.
>>
First gun I ever fired was an '84 SP1; I was 7 or so
First gun I bought was a mosin when I was 16

can't say I've developed a flinch
>>
>>31854894
I didn't say anything about 9mm handguns, or handguns in general.
Just that powerful guns can give people flinches and thats why smaller rounds are usually better. 9mm isn't a big round and can be good for new shooters. .22 is also a good round for new shooters, especially given the availability of .22lr rifles.

don't be so angry mang
>>
>>31854964
It doesn't always happen and if you practice you can get over it, its not a huge cancerous thing that people make it out to be. Just can be annoying.
>>
>>31854734
I would invade that chick's liberal pussy and leave a sizable occupation force.
>>
>>31854734
>why do you guys recommend a wussy caliber (.22) in the sticky when 9mm can be handled by a complete neophyte?

because its still the best choice for rifles. Otherwise you have to make the choice of getting a pistol caliber carbine, intermediate black rifle, battle rifle, or a hunting rifle. And its easy to buy something stupid not knowing what you actually want.
>>
.22 is good if someone has absolutely no idea what they're doing. I started with 30-30 for rifle and .40 for pistol and I have no flinch or bad habits. That being said I pretty much knew what I was doing; my dad was a good teacher.
>>
My first time was with a .380, 9mm, .45ACP, and a .22 ruger pistol

Nothing wrong with .22
>>
>>31854734
the reason I have heard is that starting with a larger calibre can train people to flinch unnecessarily

but yea 9mm is nothing much even if it snaps more than .45 apc
>>
>>31854734
not sure who recommends .22 handguns, and I have read none of the other replies to your thread cuz fuck 'em.
.22 rifles would be good for learning RIFLEMANSHIP cuz there is a bit more to that than the shooting. Also, big-boy rifles are fucking heavy. That is not a good way to learn proper fundamentals ala-appleseed <hyperlink https://appleseedinfo.org/ >
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.