[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Indian Store MRE's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 2009-sep-15_4107.jpg (575KB, 1504x1000px) Image search: [Google]
2009-sep-15_4107.jpg
575KB, 1504x1000px
I love these cheap indian MREs, i know they are not american MREs and not Indian army mres and they're more equivalent to a canned food.

They taste amazing and are cheap if you buy them at the Desi Market!

Why does the american military not use the style of MRE, they are cheaper and taste better!

Is the military that retarded?
>>
>>31851438
POO
>>
>>31851438

that literally looks like diarrhea
>>
>>31851677
IN
>>
>>31851438
Because regardless of how they taste, most Americans would rather eat something called "Chili Mac" with other shitty sides that are familiar to them than something with a completely foreign name to them.

It's why we are littered with Chipotle, 5 Guys, McDonalds, etc.. But much fewer Indian and other ethnic restaurants. It's about familiarity.

That said, if you are stocking up on stuff for personal emergency food supplies and storage, that stuff is great. Make sure to get plenty of rice too.
>>
>>31851700
LOO
>>
>>31851677
>>31851689
>>31851700
>>31851732
>Will be living off of hot pockets in the event of an emergency situation or disaster scenario
>>
>>31851438
They are 100% Pure Vegetarian. That's the actual term most Indian brands and restaurants use. Americans simply have a radically different diet. Also, some of them can't handle even moderate heat.

MTR Dal Makhani is the shit.
>>
>>31851856
Now I really want some Indian food...
>>
>>31851722
yeah, that's why in all the major cities ethnic restaurants are going out of business and they aren't all the rage, you fucking idiot.
>>
>>31852285
>He thinks cuck cities reflect the true American demographic

Wew lad. Go get culturally enriched.
>>
>>31852285
That's not at all what I said, not sure why you took it that way or why you are so mad.
>>
>>31851438
>they are cheaper
I can almost guaruntee that they're not. You don't think the military buys MRE's at $10 a pop do you?
>and taste better!
Completely subjective. Those packages also aren't anywhere near as durable nor do they have the shelf life or stability of MRE's. They also aren't literally designed to be lived on for a couple weeks.
>>
I have tried these and I will have to admit that they are really good
>>
>>31851722
>Hating on chili mac and cheese
Literally kill yourself. You don't deserve life.
>>
>>31852299

Rural folks?

That would be Taco bell and Subway.
>>
>>31852536
>You don't think the military buys MRE's at $10 a pop do you?
Menu B MRE's are slightly over $1 each, have a 10 year edible shelf life, or 5 year "freshness" shelf life, and are meant to be immune from -20 to +140F for up to two years.

they scarily have identical nutritional content as well: the veggie omelet is identical (in contents) to the chili mac.

that being said the freedom bar, that weird hogie thing they were handing out in ACU wrappers, and A rats are all more expensive than the equivalent fast food.

food is like 50% about nutrition, and 50% is familiarity and morale.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.