[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Kel Tec

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: Logo_Kel-Tec.svg.png (29KB, 1000x495px) Image search: [Google]
Logo_Kel-Tec.svg.png
29KB, 1000x495px
Is this a good company?

I've heard jokes about kel-tec but is it a meme gun or is it actually worth it's salt?

I like Intratecs and how they look, but I have never fired one.

Good company or meme?
>>
NO.
>>
>>31851276
can you explain why?
>>
>>31851270
I respect the company, but the products are hit-or-miss. They come up with some amazing designs, but don't really have the manufacturing expertise to put said designs to good use.
>>
>>31851285
no.
>>
>>31851270
Don't believe the fucking meme.
Kel-Tec is just a good company as any other. Sometimes companies have fuckups, but they fix them later on. Just like Kel Tec.
I've always wanted a PMR30 for some kind of carry (I don't think it's small enough for CC) and the PF9 for true CC.
>>
File: 20160911_150453.jpg (773KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20160911_150453.jpg
773KB, 2048x1152px
It's fine. I wish they used more metal renforcement on some of their products. They are probably the most innovative firearms company in the US, but I wish they work stop using their customers as beta testers...
>>
>>31851270

Their pocket pistols are eh. Heard some work fine, others work like shit except for a few types of ammo.

Hell, Zimmerman's only got off one shot before his 9mm jammed.

The owner is some goofball fundamentalist Christian that doesn't believe in money lending, or usury or something, which is why he doesn't sink money into expanding their business.

They are now, farming out _some_ things to other places, but the owner is really holding production up.

My Sub-2000 has been nothing but fun despite all that.
>>
>>31851420
>Zimmerman's only got off one shot before his 9mm jammed.
That might have something to do with it being pressed into his gut by a 180lb dindu.
>>
Kel tec has a reputation for making unreliable guns.
>>
>>31851270
People bring the pistols in for repairs to the gun shop I work at, I just tell them to send them back to Kel-tec at this point, because we don't even stock them any more.

The KSG seems to be okay, though I think it's gimmicky, I haven't had any dissatisfied customers with that one, to my knowledge.

I personally owned a Kel-Tec RFB Hunter, one of the first ones of the second generation they did. I can't recall the details but something about the way the magazine fed was.. different, they only did it that way for a small run then changed it.. it never gave me any problems but when I contacted Kel-Tec about it they blew me off and basically said "don't worry about it, the new way is better but you should be fine". That just kind of pissed me off for some reason so I turned around and sold it for more than I had in it and never looked back.
I never had any issues with the gun though, it was pretty cool, but it FELT cheap, compared to what else I own and it seemed out of place.
>>
I owned a P3AT, I got for $100 years ago as a police trade in. I shot about 500rds through it over the years, mostly tula. Can't remember any hangup. It is what it is. I traded it for a lcp when they came out.

In the past few months since theyve become avaliable, ive picked up a s2k gen 2 glock 17 version and a pmr30. Only shot a few hundred through each but I've had great success so far. And overall I like both of them.

I did leave the s2k under the seat of my truck for a week and it got superficial rust spots on the barrel so I wasn't pleased with that.

Make your own decision on keltec, don't leave it up to the influence of the fuck wits here. They're not a big investment, and guns generally hold their value so you can't go wrong with trying one out if you're interested.
>>
Their normal handguns are fine. Like a step up from hipoints, but below the bigger names. Their more "unique" products are questionable. Not necessarily because they're held together with nothing more than baling wire and chewing gum, but because the designs are seemingly rushed out into production with little more than a functions check. It doesn't help that they're not managing expectations of their products when they're first released either. The negative backlash they get when people discover it isn't as good as it was hyped up to be leads to their unfavorable reputation.
>>
>>31851270
I have a p3at, and it is very reliable. I have only had one problem with it, and that was from bad ammo. (and Kel-Tec completely rebuilt the gun after the problem at no charge).
I also have an SU16, and it is more reliable then my AR
>>
Keltec is hit and miss.
On one hand, they have truly phenomenal and groundbreaking designs.
On the other hand, they have the absolute worst implementation of those designs on the planet, cutting corners at every opportunity with cheap plastics, nonsensical FCG and internal mechanism layouts, poor quality screws and clamshell designs, and so on.

Imagine if JMB was a little inbred, that's Keltec.
>>
>>31851500
how do i buy police trade in guns
>>
>>31851660
They pop up on gunbroker pretty often, and some other online retailers.
Just lurk slickguns for a spell.
>>
>>31851660
Seriously? Any pawn shop in america.

Also buds gun shop has a few NOPD guns for lik $400 tops. (less than that even).
>>
>>31851665
>>31851671
I mean from the police. The guns they confiscate in crimes. Not manufacture buybacks
>>
>>31851676
Ah. Local police auctions.
>>
>>31851676
What state are you?

Kentucky auctions them off

http://www.kentuckystatepolice.org/conf_weapons/index.html
>>
>>31851270
No.
No.
Meme.
>>31851285
They use "unique" designs and warranties to cover up for their absolutely shit quality.
>>
>>31851270
what you need to realize about keltec is the guns are disposable.
they arent complete pieces of crap like saturdaynightspecials but most keltecs wont make it to 5k with everything intact.
this is fine cause most people who buy keltec are poor. the gun wont hit 1000 rounds in its lifetime. it will spend most of its time in a drawer making the owner feel that they are armed and prepared. they got that warranty too so the few real shooters who buy keltec can get them fixed. of course when they get em back they sell em off cause who wants a gun they know will fail.

not all keltecs are bad there are exceptions like the sub2k but the products fall into cheap crap or insanely overpriced ground breaking gimmick
>>
File: 1469319455423.jpg (46KB, 540x532px) Image search: [Google]
1469319455423.jpg
46KB, 540x532px
>>31853559
>insanely overpriced gimmick

the pmr-30 is a short-barrel .22wm (so it's pointless) made out of plastic. It is ugly but it holds 30 rounds and looks fun. They had slow production so everyone drove the prices up to $650 and all the buyers started flipping them to morons at double retail. Now that everyone is sick of them the production has finally caught up to the old demand and they're overstocked and cheap again.
This is basically how their line-up works. It's either dirt cheap crap or some gimmick.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.