[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Aimpoint vs eotech

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: eovam.jpg (63KB, 922x691px) Image search: [Google]
eovam.jpg
63KB, 922x691px
Decided to go another direction with my AR.

Thought I had decided on an eotech until I started googling and saw that there's a fairly headed argument on which was better.

Seems to come down to battery life on the Aimpoint which is why everyone loves it. Is the eotech battery life really that shitty? What drew me to the eotech was the generous sight picture.

How do the two stack up? I'm currently debating the Aimpoint Pro vs the EOtech 512
>>
>>31849402
>Main draw to Eotech is larger sight picture
>Doesnt realize this is completely negated if you shoot with both eyes open.

Aimpoint is better in most ways. Eotechs are really shootable due to the reticle.
>>
>>31849402
eotech got blown the fuck out for lying to the govt that they gave full refunds to out to anyone who bought one
buy aimpoint
>>
>>31849402
I love eotechs. The huge field of view is nice and i like the reticle. It is a 1moa dot. They also have IR modes for nvgs, and you can get laser battery packs which give you a visible and IR laser for night shooting, integrated into the sight, so you dont have to drop 1k on a PEQ or DBAL.
Maybe not as durable long term like an aimpoint, maybe not as long of a battery life, but i love it.
>>
File: Thief_brass_chk.jpg (491KB, 1920x1030px) Image search: [Google]
Thief_brass_chk.jpg
491KB, 1920x1030px
>>31849402
>>31849436
In a similar boat as OP. If I don't mind carrying spare batteries and switching them often from what it sounds like, Eotech? I'm cross eye dominate and while I'm working on shooting righty, I still like the idea of the size of the Eotech. At least from what I saw at my lgs.
>>
>>31849445

OP here, also cross eye dominant. We should start a club.
>>
>>31849445
The battery life is less but you still wont change them often. Ive never had to change mine and jve owned it 6 months and play with it weekly.
>>
>>31849488
It ends up being like 42 days of constant use battery life.
>>
>>31849445
Consider the Trijicon MRO then. Similar profile to the Aimpoint but a wider objective lens. If you want a fancier reticule, you can also consider the Primary Arms sights with their special reticule that works similarly.
>>
File: bossnigga.jpg (23KB, 450x310px) Image search: [Google]
bossnigga.jpg
23KB, 450x310px
>>31849402

Trijicon.
>>
>>31849402
Are you planning to do some Operator ass run 'n gun? Or do you want to try to hit targets far away?

Magnification is underrated.
>>
>>31849511
More run 'n gun. Not far away shooting.

Hardly any place to easily get to shoot any real distance which is why i changed directions on setup.
>>
>>31849450
I have a feeling eventually it would mutate into a cult.
>>31849488
I was looking at the 512 because I liked the idea of being able to use AA batteries
>>31849501
>Consider the Trijicon MRO
Thanks for the tip, anon. I'll check it out.
>>
Two words: thermal drift
EOTech lied about it, got found out, and still hasn't fixed it.
(no, "just re-zero it" is not a fix)
Never buy EOTech. They fooled me too, once.

Aimpoint red dots, on the other hand. Have probably been some of the most rigorously tested sights ever. Consequently, they have a well-deserved reputation for being extremely robust and dependable. Can't go wrong with them.
>>
>>31849521
be ready to drop some money on steel targets then
>>
>>31849540
Also Trijicon now has a very nice offering in the micro dot market: the MRO. Worth a look. Seems to review about as well as Aimpoint's micros.
>>
>>31849550
I would like to add that EoTechs apparently break all the time too.
>>
>>31849402
There was a big controversy last year about EOTech not holding zeros at temperature extremes. There is thermal drift across all optics, but it was extreme in this case.

I was never a fan of EOTech, but the issue really makes me thing of them as a cheaper optic. If these were $200 optics, I'd say its to be expected compared to Aimpoints, Meprolights, and Trijicons. When they are in the same price range, the flaw becomes unacceptable.

>>31849445
You can easily shoot red dots with both eyes open with no problem. Fun trick, you can do it with the front lens cap on too. Being cross eye dominant isn't as big of a deal as you think.

>>31849488
I've had my Aimpoint T-1 on for the past 4 years and haven't changed the battery yet. Battery life and durability is the reason I went with Aimpoint, despite me not being an operator.
>>
>>31849540
Do you rapidly change between extreme temperatures? I feel the problem is vastly overstated.
>>
>>31850979
Nigga, zero will drift keeping your rifle in your car on a hot summer day or trekking outside in the snow.
>>
>>31850979
I live in Arizona, temperature swings between ~70º (indoors) and ~150º (closed car in 120º weather) happen daily in the summer.

That's also well above EOTech's stated top temperature extreme of 122º. Which is laughably low. It gets that hot in the shade here sometimes.
>>
>>31850979
thermal drift isnt the only issue. the seals suck so all the nitrogen leaks out in a month. if it leaks out other shit can get in leading to fog issues and delamination.
>>
>>31850979
I had minor shifts from bringing my rifle from my truck in the winter(-10*) to an indoor range(70*)
We're talking less than half an moa but it was still there.
>>
>>31849508
Fucking this
Bought one rmr for a aug build, now I have three rmrs
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.