[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Capacity?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 1475408211425.jpg (42KB, 640x433px) Image search: [Google]
1475408211425.jpg
42KB, 640x433px
I been thinking of picking up a 9mm because cheap ammo but I don't want to bother with it if there is going to be a nation wide tightening on laws and capacity gets regulated.
If 10 rounds total were set as a rule would people be switching from 9's to 38super/40,45,10acp/357/44? If 9 lost popularity for something else those bullets might get a bit cheaper and more plentiful while 9 turns into the redheaded step child and people move from 'modern bullet technology and high capacity' favor for 'stopping power' as the usual talk goes. (I'm not trolling I know hearing the term stopping power is going to send someone running for their medication after slamming the capslock on their keyboard in rage)
>>
>>31848809
/k/ can't tell the future, and we also don't really discuss politics here. If you want to discuss the future of the 2nd ammendment in hillary's america, go to /pol/.

If you think mag size restrictions will make every start buying rounds that cost 2-3x what 9mm costs, you're wrong.
>>
>>31849251
I don't want to talk about politics, I'm just thinking what if 9mm pistols didn't really have their capacity. Partly cause I'm trying to talk myself out of buying more guns.

I don't think it'd cost 2 or 3 times for other bullets if people bought more of other stuff, there is just discounts on 9 because so much of it gets made if other stuff had a higher demand more of it would get made bullets are usually priced more around demand than materials like 40 and 10, the only difference is a few cm of case length, well and the primer but still pretty close.
>>
>>31849543
9mm will still be cheap and in demand for the simple fact that materials costs are less and modern 9mm defensive loads are on par with larger rounds with less recoil for the shooter to deal with.

Hillary's America or not, 9mm will remain where it is in the handgun ammo hierarchy.
>>
>>31849561
I didn't say anything about hilary, just a hypothetical question, they get asked all the time.

I just have a hard time believing 9 just hits the magic sweet spot of being a perfect round whenever something seems too good to be true it just might be. I suppose I could of phrased the question entirely differently like would 9mm still be preferred by as many people if it didn't have as much capacity but I can't think of a single stack 9mm that people tend to like it's usually doublestacks I hear people boast about.
>>
>>31849251
He's talking about how mag restrictions would effect people's caliber choices, not whether they will come in. Fuck off with your gb2/pol/ nonsense.

In Australia we have 10 round mag limits and caliber restrictions so 9mm and 38 super reign supreme, imo 9mm still has its merits even without high cap double stack mags with low recoil and therefore accuracy and speed of follow up shots. Tbh I know there are different schools of thought but I place no stock in "stopping power" memes. All handgun calibers are equally bad at killing people
>>
>>31848809
I'd rather die labeled a terrorist than live with the knowledge that your elected officials let a californian gun control measure escape the containment zone
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.