[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Least Favorite Firearm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 97
Thread images: 16

File: G19G4.jpg (21KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
G19G4.jpg
21KB, 500x500px
What is /k/'s least favorite firearm that they've purchased?

>Glock 19 Gen 4

I really wanted to enjoy this thing. I purchased it with the intent of it being my EDC because "Just get a glock." It's such an underwhelming gun. Not particularly fun to shoot, and just overall, meh.
>>
>>31843184
I love them all. But seeing as it's the only one I've sold, I guess it would have to be the SP101.

Not that there was anything wrong with it, I just never used it for it's intended purpose.
>>
File: sp101.jpg (865KB, 1545x1031px) Image search: [Google]
sp101.jpg
865KB, 1545x1031px
>>31843209
Forgot the pic
>>
GSG-1911

fucking thing fails to extract every shot, finish is shit, just a bad experience overall.
>>
>>31843209
Isn't that a good thing anon?
>>
>>31843184
>Not particularly fun to shoot, and just overall, meh

That's a glock, reliably mediocre.
>>
File: IMG_1094.png (306KB, 753x502px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1094.png
306KB, 753x502px
Cz75 sp-01

So much trigger creep and the thing jammed up every magazine.
>>
>>31843585

Now you've done it.
>>
SKS. I've never owned one, but it allows poor people to own a semi auto, centerfire rifle. It's disgusting.
>>
>>31843604
Rally Vincent is my waifu too but it doesn't mean all CZ products are good to go.
My sp01 jammed at the first time to the range, during my ccw shooting test, and got progressively worse past 500rds. I used different magazines too.
>>
Ruger p89. The trigger sucks balls and its unergonomic as fuck but I got it cheap and its stupidly reliable so its doing truck gun duty
>>
>>31843566
I intended it to be my new EDC.

Your mind went to "kill people" first. I think you may need help.
>>
I owned a Mini-14 awhile back and I was not a big fan of it. It was reliable but the accuracy was sub-par and the ergonomics were uncomfortable to me. Traded one-to-one with a guy for a Windham Weaponry WW-15 and I'm much happier now.
>>
I had a Ruger LCR in .22 WMR that I got as part of a deal with some other guns. It was the only gun I've ever sold.
>>
>>31843629
AR15s are available for even less than most sks's
>>
.22 mp5, shot an entire mag and sold it
>>
>>31843629
Feinstein, please leave.
>>
>>31843184
Savage 64. Hated that shit
>>
10/22. Its so fucking boring and the sights are terrible. I dont undestand the 22 meme. What is the point?
>>
>>31843585
DELET THIS
>>
File: 2772892_1.jpg (181KB, 950x560px) Image search: [Google]
2772892_1.jpg
181KB, 950x560px
This piece of shit. And before you people get angry: it´s a clone in .22 by Walther. The thing feels like it´s coming apart every time you shoot it. The build quality is abyssmal, everything rattles. I had magazines falling out when I racked the slide, frequent jams and other fun stuff.
The second gun I really didn´t like was the Zastava m70a or whatever it´s called, a Tok-clone in 9mm. The sights and the trigger are absolute dogshit.
I don´t own these, but I shot them quite a few times
>>
>>31843184

I've never purchased one, but I do not like the AR-15. I understand it's practicality and popularity, but I've always found it very boring to shoot. And the popularity of AR-15s has increased the price of non-AR-15 rifles.
>>
>fires glock
I'm bored!
>fires AR
I'm bored!

Where do these people come from
The gun doesn't exist to entertain you
>>
>>31843917
Probably just punching paper using lame as fuck bull's-eye targets
>>
>>31843861
Getting kids interested in shooting, so they grow up and don't vote nogunz
>>
>>31843923
At an indoor range no less
>>
>>31843861
.22 was great when it was like 2 cents per round and actually available. Its still fun but the days of just blowing through 500 rounds blasting cans and bottles are over for the most part
>>
>>31843903
That's what you get for buying a Walther.
>>
>>31843861
ammo is cheap as fuck and some people enjoy just plinking. Also it has uses as a survival rifle.
>>
>>31843935
I didn´t. Someone donated it to the gun club I´m in.
Modern Walthers are pretty shitty. Not even us germans buy their stuff anymore, except for the airgun-fags.
>>
>>31843917

Are you totally unaware the many gunowners shoot for fun? Guns that are 100% utilitarian are good for practice and putting up good times on drills, but they can be a little boring to shoot.
>>
Probably the least favorite gun I've owned is an HK USP 9mm. I recognize it's a good quality firearm, but it had some design features I didn't like. It was too bulky and the barrel was high enough over your hand that it had a surprising amount of barrel flip when firing it compared to other 9mm pistols. The trigger was also complete shit. At the time I bought it, it was a new model, and for the next two or three years there was ZERO availability of any spare parts. I'd been hoping to get a spare set of parts for the trigger group so I could have my gunsmith make an attempt at making the trigger less shitty, but I wasn't going to risk it without parts available.

It was a beauty of machining and engineering, incredible fit and finish, but it wasn't a pleasure to use.
>>
File: MOSSBERG MODEL 185D.jpg (28KB, 921x208px) Image search: [Google]
MOSSBERG MODEL 185D.jpg
28KB, 921x208px
>>31843184
Well, I still shoot it on occasion, but this pile of junk: A 20 gauge shotgun that everyone who's shot it says recoils worse than 12 gauge 3" magnum. It also doesn't' have a working ejector, just for the lols.

I *did* buy it for 40 bucks, so I won't say I regret buying it, but dear god no would I consider it good.
>>
My Marlin 795

It's a decent gun, it's just that .22lr is bleh.
>>
>>31844009
Get a light LEM/Match trigger hybrid setup, will completely change the gun. First pull is the lighter 4.5-5lb long LEM pull and then its the short reset match trigger until you let the trigger go completely.
Wish they'd get that setup done for the p30 series already
>>
File: 20161013_175626.jpg (3MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20161013_175626.jpg
3MB, 5312x2988px
Cz p-07
It feels and looks so cheap. The factory sights are abysmal, paint came off them like crazy. The da trigger staging is long and feels like a toy. Finish on the gun flakes off from any holster, the rail polymer is shredding from the light that came with the gun. Also had a few fails to go into battery and even had the stupid ass way it disassembles cause the slide stop to come out of the gun while shooting it in a uspsa match. Do not trust the gun with my life at all.
>>
>>31844044
Yeah, a lot more options available for you guys today.

23 years ago we didn't have shit available for that pistol except a couple leather holster makers each who had one or two holster models available for the USP. So I was at least able to get a decent quality duty and off duty holster for it, even if they weren't the exact holster models I'd have preferred.

Spare mags were even a bitch to find. Since I had worked for the only HK distributor within 300 miles in any direction, I managed to get my hands on the first four spare mags that were shipped to any dealer within my state. With the two that came with the pistol it gave me two sets of 3 mags I could rotate between. It was another 6 months before HK shipped them any more (only a half dozen) and they were all in 40sw.

For the first year of production HK barely made enough mags to ship out with the pistols. In fact when the Crime Bill hit congress HK started shipping the pistols with only a single magazine so they wouldn't run out of high-cap mags. The local HK dealer managed to get ONE more small shipment of mags, about a 5-10 each of 9mm and 40sw, right about the time that shit heel Clinton signed the Crime Bill into law, limiting mags to 10rds each and magazine shipments immediately stopped.

I gave up on the HK at that point. I knew eventually I'd be able to get more high cap mags with an LE letter, but I was so fed up with the lack of parts, no more mags and the shitty trigger, I got rid of it.

I managed to sell 5 spare USP mags at a gun show for $100 each since preban stuff was going for a mint back then because of the Crime Bill. I traded the gun and 1 mag to the HK dealer I'd worked for, where I originally bought it, to get a nice Colt 1911 for off duty carry and started carrying the Glock 17 I was issued.

Eventually I gained an appreciation for the extreme reliability of the Glock and it became my off duty weapon as well. My wife loved the 1911 so she took it for herself.
>>
>>31844118
Completely agree with this, gun is shit. And I had such high hopes for it...
>>
>>31844248
Your wife must be a big guy if she CCs that 1911
>>
>>31843585

I actually don't like the trigger on my SP-01 Tactical. It's the decocker version, maybe that has something to do with it. It just doesn't feel great.
>>
>>31844325
Why?
It was made by CZ.
>>
File: pepe-frog-640x480.jpg (26KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
pepe-frog-640x480.jpg
26KB, 640x480px
Sig P250 .45acp.

>won't extract spent casing
>sent to Exeter for repair
>they say it's fixed
>get it back
>still fucking does not extract spent brass

Sold and bought Glock 21 same day

>hate grip
>sell for XD. 45

FeelsGoodman.jpg
>>
>>31843184
This is my problem with glocks. I can't hit shit with them, but I don't particularly enjoy shooting them either, so I have little motivation to practice hard enough with them to get good. They just aren't comfortable.

Part of me kind of wants to buy one and "learn to love it" because everyone seems to think you MUST have a glock, and they are reliable, plentiful, and I certainly wouldn't miss it if I got it taken away from me for evidence in the aftermath of a self defense situation, but when I get a gun I want to look forward to taking it to the range, and with a Glock it would just feel like a chore.
>>
>>31843878
>the guns in the background have more detail than the main character

God bless Kenichi Sonoda.
>>
File: IMG_2368.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2368.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
I only own one gun right now, but for my first gun: I fell for the scout rifle meme. Ruger American Ranch. Gun itself was fine I guess. I didn't like the trigger very much, it felt kind of inconsistent, but in hindsight, the decision to throw a red dot sight on it was batshit retarded. I had this idea of a rugged "apocalypse rifle" or "truck gun" when I had neither a truck or a reason to carry a rifle out on the woods for a long period of time. So I ended up just going to the range with a rifle that was far inferior to what It could have been.

I sold it when I moved to PA. When I need a durr rifle I might get a Ruger American again. They are cheap and pretty accurate, but I'll make sure to have a good idea for what I'm going to use it.
>>
File: non-NFA 12ga.jpg (1022KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
non-NFA 12ga.jpg
1022KB, 1920x1080px
This thing.
Built it because I could.
Now black aces is churning out similar things en masse and I don't care about it anymore.
>>
>>31844396
>buying exeter shit
too bad it didn't kb on you, you retarded faggot.
>>
>>31845330
Should've tossed the red dot and pickup a cheapish scope. Even if it wasn't what you thought it would be, it's still worth keeping around. Pretty much every gun I've sold or traded I regret.
>>
>>31843861

People tend to overestimate the 10/22 and the .22 round in general.

ammo is cheap (5c/rnd)

the most customizable gun you can buy, you can literally turn it into anything

will shoot to 300rds and still penetrate 12 inches into a gel block with 4 layers of demin. hollowpoint will expand to .380 in in diameter at 25yrds.

it's quiet(bb gun quiet with a suppressor), no recoil, and fun to shoot. If you have just a plain stock 10/22 then customize it to something you really like.
>>
File: f3nagant.jpg (130KB, 800x520px) Image search: [Google]
f3nagant.jpg
130KB, 800x520px
>The sheer shitiness of the DA trigger is the stuff of legends
>Pain to reload, extractor rod loves to gum up half the time
>Ammo is snowflake and anemic
>One of the shittiest arsenal reblue jobs I've ever seen, even by slav standards
>Inaccurate as all unholy hell
>Cost all of $90
>Still feel ripped off to this day
I don't even have a picture of mine by itself, so here's an internet pic.
>>
>>31846011
Sell it to me. I love hand nuggets
>>
>>31845398
>said someone who knows jack about guns
>>
>>31844021
That's a damn good rabbit gun, it's light and swings fast not like a pig iron pump.
>>
>>31843861
It helped me turn my liberal-ass anti-gun little brother into potentially a bigger gun nut than I am.

That is the real power of the .22LR, my friend.
>>
>>31843917

The AR is the skyrim of guns. You spend more time building it and modifying it than shooting it, there are billions of accessories. It's just missing its very own Todd Howard.
>>
>>31843212
Really? Was thinking about picking up a
3" sp101..
>>
>>31846633
Like I said, it's not a bad gun. I just could never bring myself to switch it to my EDC. I needed some cash, so I sold it.

I wish I still had it now though.
>>
>>31843917
Thats why you get an AK and run a course
>>
>>31843184
Kel Tek KSG. It's fun and I haven't had any problems with it but I have no good reason to own it. I already had a Benelli M1014 and bought the KSG anyway. Oh well.
>>
>>31844383
Terrible trigger, inconsistent and dull break. Also the trigger has almost two resets, so if you're shooting quickly you think you've reset it, but you haven't.
And finally, and most damning, the ergonomics are complete and utter shit. Worse than any major production pistol I'm aware of. AND THE CZ 75 IS THE BEST.
In short, my buddy bought one and spent another 200 on a trigger job to make it almost as good as my 300 witness. But it does come in FDE.
Worst CZ product ever.
>>
File: Dsc_1164.jpg (103KB, 624x950px) Image search: [Google]
Dsc_1164.jpg
103KB, 624x950px
>>31843585
I have the same gun, bought it earlier this year (one of the very few decent guns that Californians can purchase new), but fortunately for me my only problem is that it prints high. I've probably put <1000 rounds through it, yet with the time I've spent with it I haven't found that "sweet spot" where I can get any kind of consistency. Its frustrating because its a nice gun, but it just doesn't shoot straight. I wish could claim operator error, but I shoot my G17 just fine.

Other than what was just mention it functions like a tank. No matter what cheap bullshit ammo I put through it (Federal champion, winchester white trash, federal american eagle, etc). it always goes bang.
>>
>>31846648
>I just could never bring myself to switch it to my EDC.
What was your other option? I'm looking at the .327 version myself.
>>
File: 1470652054099.jpg (133KB, 444x453px) Image search: [Google]
1470652054099.jpg
133KB, 444x453px
I had a Remington 522 Viper that I traded a nugget in good shape for. Worst trade of my life. That thing jammed with bad ammo, it jammed with good ammo, it jammed at least 50% of the time I shot it even after cleaning/polishing everything. Has to be the worst .22 rifle in existence.
>>
>>31843209
You are the first person I've meet that disliked a sp-01.

I love mine, but it's a range gun so
>>
>>31846785
I was carrying, and still am carrying a Steyr M9-A1

>>31847399
I never said I disliked it. Quite the opposite. I liked it a lot.
>>
>>31843585
>jammed up every magazine.
Sp-01s do that when you limp wrist or teacup the mag

Confirmed Manlet
>>
>>31846759
>I've probably put <1000 rounds through it
> it always goes bang.

enjoy the honeymoon while it lasts, eventually you will join the ranks of jaded cz owner
>>
File: 20160917_125234-1.jpg (2MB, 2113x2366px) Image search: [Google]
20160917_125234-1.jpg
2MB, 2113x2366px
>>31846759
I don't have issues shooting my sp-01 accurately
It did take about 500rds to figure out how to Shoot it accurately

Pic related, 25yds
>>
>>31843184

M&P Shield
>>
File: IMG_0525.gif (2MB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0525.gif
2MB, 500x282px
>>31847429
Damn dude I'm sure it was just my sp-01 experience yours is probably still go to war gud. No need to get defensive.
>>
Not my least favorite, but I have some that surprisingly disappointed me...

HK P30
>the safety lever rubbed my thumb uncomfortably
>double action trigger pull unexpectedly gets really heavy toward the end of the pull before it breaks
>LEM trigger pull, if you buy one configured for it, starts out too far forward
>I never got used to the way the hump on the backstrap fit into my hand, just felt wrong, and seemed to mess with my ability to point it straight from drawing it
>backstrap and side panels shift around just slightly as you squeeze the gun
>bullets rattle back and forth in a loaded magazine
>low capacity, only 15 rounds of 9mm despite being full size
>>
>>31844009
>implying parts aren't widely available for the USP

Nigger, did you even try to find them?
>>
>>31848561
Nigger, he bought it back when it first came out in 93/94. H&K parts availability has always been much less than their competitors.
>>
>>31843975
That's why you use them to shoot in more interesting ways. Running around like a faggot and shooting steel from behind cover or in goofy positions takes the focus away from the gun and onto the shooter, which is where guns designed for combat or combat-modeled competition shine.
>>
>Mossberg MVP .556

I wanted something in .556 so bad and was really impatient to save up for a AR-15.

The bolt feels like shit, the rifle is heavy as shit, and the stock looks like shit. It doesn't help I fucked up the ugly stock so I can't sell the damn thing without getting much in return.

I also got the long barrel version. It has some cheap-O scope because the rifle has no iron sights. So I've never been able to sight it properly.

I really want to sell the damn thing, anyone have any gun selling advice? I was thinking of buying a new stock for it and selling it off to any gun store that'll take it, or hell a pawn shop.
>>
I would say the M91/30, but that is too easy.

SKS due to horrible 2X4 stock, shitty sights, shitty trigger with negative sear engagement, and bolt slamfire when dirty. Even worse, the aftermarket parts make it even more of a piece of shit.

Plus they are ridiculous expensive here in the states. At least Leaves can buy them for what they are worth since $100 barrels full of SKS has been gone for a long time.
>>
>>31849037
Armslist is your only hope, and TRADE it instead of selling it.
>>
>>31849057
I... I live in California...

thats why I didn't want to save for a AR, they're overprices to hell here.
>>
Baikal double stack makarov. The sights blow, the mags cost $150 a piece because they barely imported any, and it isn't particularly fun to shoot. I paid $200 for it though, and it's the 9mm Makarov version, not the more common .380acp one so I don't really regret buying it.
>>
File: 1442889542747.jpg (158KB, 417x515px) Image search: [Google]
1442889542747.jpg
158KB, 417x515px
Remington 1911. Had fucky feeding well past the break in point, the rear sights kept falling off even with loctite, and one of the grip screw bushings sheared off and fucked it's threads after a 3 foot drop.

Sold it to some fudd for $500 and ran. Got an angry email a week later about how the gun was shit.
>>
>>31843783
No, they're not. I invite you to prove me wrong though.
>>
>>31843917
i have a 9mm glock and 5.56 ar and they are supremely boring. they're defensive tools made for no-bullshit maximum efficient operation.

"Fun" is for bolt action milsurp, revolvers, lever actions, and full auto
>>
>>31843184
The glock is a tool not a toy. When you buy a hammer you expect it to hit things, nothing more nothing less. The glock is the same thing...buy a historical surplus or a fancy safe queen if you want anything else.
>>
>>31843903
It's restamped turkshit if I remember right
>>
>>31846678

A buddy of mine bought one. The novelty wore off after one day at the range. That doesn't bode well for the KSG
>>
>>31843947
>Also it has uses as a survival rifle.
I hate this meme
>>
>>31847435
People keep saying this. I Iove my 75 compact, I'm waiting for the day this thing doesn't make me smile
>>
>>31843783
Lolno
>>
>>31843184
My old SW 686-6.

Revolvers are dumb man. Traded it for a Hi Power.
>>
Any AR I have ever owned. I am on my 3rd one and I barely shoot it. I just figure its a good thing to own incase more anti gun shit gets passed so i can flip for 2x what I paid for it. They just dont excite me. I also hate Nuggets and SKS, have owned both and was very unimpressed.
>>
>>31851964
>check trip
Hahahahaha
>>
>>31846785
Just make sure to change out the springs.
>>
>>31850787
>HERP DERP
>>
Glock 19 was my first gun and I sold it a couple weeks after I bought it, so I guess that'd be my least favorite that I bought. My least favorite that I haven't bought is the Five-seveN because I'll never afford it and that fact makes me upset
>>
>>31843903
>>31843935
>31843935
>>31843964
That's not as much walther as it is that Umarex bought Walther and started slapping the good Walther name on to every shitty .22 clone on the market.
The PPQ is still a really nice high quality gun, that said the rest of Walthers product line besides the PPS is starting to suffer from their Umarex overlords.
I was really excited about the CCP but it seem to leave something to be desired quality wise at it's price point.
>>
>canic tp9
>sig p226
I really despise how the triggers feel on these two, can't really explain it
>FN FNX
Hate the grip
>IWI tavor
This is probably more the sight than the gun, an EOTech holographic with magnifier, just despise it
Other than that I love the rest of my guns
>>
>>31846618
kekd
Thread posts: 97
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.