[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

PCC Prototyping

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

File: Lexington Carbine Rough Layout.png (47KB, 900x375px) Image search: [Google]
Lexington Carbine Rough Layout.png
47KB, 900x375px
/k/ wanna help design a carbine? Yeah you do.

Right now just working on the layout of everything. The idea behind the gun is to make a bullpup carbine that requires no stamps, can take a wide range of double stack magazines, and has most user interfaces cloned from established designs.

The grip and trigger guard are obviously AR, and the butt pad area will be M4 standard. The trigger will most likely be Glock (obviously with modified transfer bars), and this pic shows it with a G17 mag just for example.

The man feature will be an internal housing structure within that big ole' booty, that will hold user-swappable adapters so that it can feed from multiple magazines in the same caliber. The frame will change the magazine location and release mechanism as needed to allow proper feeding.

I'm still working on what action to put in it, current frontrunners are simple blowback or pressure delay blowback, or a compact piston setup.

Thoughts, ideas, criticism, pics of weird prototype guns all welcome.
>>
Make one that works first.
THEN make one that takes all that other bullshit.
>>
File: brilliant.jpg (35KB, 762x628px) Image search: [Google]
brilliant.jpg
35KB, 762x628px
>>31842672
>Build thing before you design thing
BRILLIANT!
>>
>>31842479
I fucked around with designing one and have one drawn up but have not put it into solidworko or anything

have you considered how fucking stupid it would be to reload glock mags in a bullpup? I am not calling you dumb but I had a similar initial idea then realized it made no sense, you might as well use colt SMG mags since they are vertical, cheaper, hold open on empty, dual feed rather than meme single position feed, and overall BETTER. better yet, why even make it a bullpup, you could just make it a grip feed like an uzi design as that would probably be easier to reload and not rob you of that much space. if you do a simple blowback I am not sure you can get away with having a bullpup design and making it work but I haven't crunched any numbers on that.

people wanting mag compatibility with pistols is generally stupid, no one really uses 33 rounders in their glock 17 just like no one wants to use 17 rounders or 15 rounders in their carbine, might as well separate them out so they are optimized for each platform. I know people love glock mags and glock mags AR's are sort of popular but let's be honest here, they are inferior in long guns
>>
>>31842743
Im not in love with the reload, mostly because theres no good way to drop a magazine from the firing position. But I think it's a workable compromise.

I really wanted to get something to work off the multiple different pistol mags. Having a grip well negates that, and theres already plenty of designs to adapt pistol mags to AR lowers.
>>
File: image.jpg (93KB, 750x713px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
93KB, 750x713px
>>31842479
OP you seem to forget form follows function.
Don't design the outside before you work on the inside first. Exterior features you want could interfere with actual functionality and fuck with the mechanics of the gun.
Look at royalnonesuch, that fucking mouth breather pays no attention to the internals of his "designs" and an even more pitiful amount of detail on his outside. Which is why he ends up with a fucked hunk of metal that barely functions as a gun.
Design your carbine, and then design the outside of your carbine next.
>>
>>31842790
Clearly, you're trying for a pistol caliber carbine, so I understand the desire for pistol mags.

If you just focus on Glock mags, you get your versatility without having to design several magazine catches. Otherwise, you're going to have a really hard time getting your carbine to hold and feed from multiple kinds of magazines, unless you design a drop-in replacement magwell or something, and have the messiest uncontrolled feed system ever.

I agree with >>31843161, design your guts first. I would prioritize action > ergos (relative placement of things) > controls > shell.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.