[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How was your deployment?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: P8060032.jpg (3MB, 4608x3456px) Image search: [Google]
P8060032.jpg
3MB, 4608x3456px
Mine wasn't what I expected.

2015 - fighting has pretty much finished, only footprint was within HKIA and some other camps in the Kabul area.

Very few road moves (was summer, helicopter safer).

Had a couple of rocket attacks, and an attack on camp integrity (All I heard was the gunfire, I think the camp was about a mile from HKIA) and some VBIED's that you could hear / see the smoke from.

It kind of felt like I went to 'war' but didn't.

I have a lot of respect for the guys that got into the shit there, but I wasn't one of them.

How was your trip?
>>
>>31841531
Just 1 deployment? Are you still in?

Mine were more eventful than that, especially Afghanistan. Mine were 2007 and 2009. What did you expect, 2015 is pretty late to the party.
>>
>>31841549

Still in, and I would have liked an earlier trip, I will probably get another trip next year.

You're right with the late to the party comment, pretty much when last drinks was called and the bar is shut.

How were your trips?
>>
>>31841531
> deployment
when i joined up i was delusional enough to think id get a trip or two

but my country isnt sending nearly as many people as it has in the past, chances of a trip is ridiculously low unless you're high rank or just blessed as fuck

i suppose thats both a good and a bad thing.
good thing because its selfish to want a war just so I can go deploy.
bad thing because i am selfish.
>>
>>31841575

I'm sensing an Australian.
>>
File: kjhgfdsdfghjk.gif (2MB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
kjhgfdsdfghjk.gif
2MB, 400x300px
>>31841579
>>
>>31841595

That's racism.
>>
>>31841575
just for vote hilary for guarantee deployments
>>
>>31841549
>2015 is pretty late to the party.
ha, next in line is Syria, we'll have a modern day Vietnam on our hands. Tom Clancy smiles down on us all, as we enter the Second Cold War.

God bless Hillary Clinton.
>>
>>31841683

Yeah, I don't know about you... But I'm not too interested in fighting in a conventional war these days.
>>
File: Screenshot_20161029-173846.png (2MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20161029-173846.png
2MB, 1440x2560px
Its pretty shitty right now, no one I can kill and only one IED... fml
>>
>>31841726

That's fucking dusty.

Is it getting cold yet?
>>
>>31841735
Dust, no so2 yeah.... and at night
>>
>>31841726
You look like you're having so much fun
>>
File: 1453679523929.jpg (27KB, 457x480px) Image search: [Google]
1453679523929.jpg
27KB, 457x480px
I dont even expect a deployment anymore, its always 101st or 1st div. The 82nd doesnt get shit. If i dont go anywhere next year im going to Ranger school. Fuck garrison.
>>
2008 oif . Lots of IEDs and rkg3s thrown by kids. No full on combat but a bunch of guerrilla sneaky shit. Mortared once a week or so. Found a few weapon caches. Few scary walking patrols but mostly convoys.

Overall 6/10.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.