[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

(knife) killing in tv shows/movies

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 5

File: 1438542226627-0.jpg (310KB, 796x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1438542226627-0.jpg
310KB, 796x1200px
How long does it take in real life to die after your throat has been slit?
In movies etc. you generally see the blade touching the victim and them dying instantly without making a sound.
Surely this can't be right?
>>
>>31840992
You gotta get the artery, not the windpipe. They'll bleed out within a minute or so, it depends on multiple factors. If done right it will incapacitate them regardless of time taken to bleed out.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edi1wk7XiQc

It's much slower and WAYYYYYY bloodier than in the movies

In most films you see people get their throat cut, they bleed a bit down their front and that's about it
>>
What was the WW2 thing? Heart is seconds, throat is minutes. gut is hours. Or something like that.
>>
>>31840992
I remember Jack Bauer coaching some normie in a submarine to cut deep enough to sever the artery and the vocal cords to make it quick and quiet. That was pretty neat.
>>
>>31841002
But you would still feel the pain as you slowly die?
>>
>>31841053
No worries, you'll go unconscious from the blood loss before you can even register most of the pain.
>>
depending on multiple factors
To what degree your carotid artery has been slit, your physiological fitness (higher volume of blood pumped per heartbeat, and your max pulse).
Theoretically if you were to get your throat slit while at 180 bmp you could bleed out in less than 10 seconds, but usually your heart becomes
less efficient at pumping the less blood you have in your system.
>>
>>31841053
That's kinda a stupid question.

Well, yeah of course they'll feel some pain, it's not going to feel good. Most are probably going to go into a state of panic and or shock. It really is a very lethal wound. If the windpipe is severed they'll die gasping for air as blood pools out.
>>
>>31841102
pretty shit death tbqh
>>
>>31841117
It is. And to add to this from a combat perspective, the neck is a shitty place to take an injury.

Let's say your battle buddy gets shot and it severs part of his neck hitting the artery. It's a hard place to work on in time. It's not like an arm or leg wound, you can't just slap a tourniquet on someone's neck without choking them. Damned if you do, or don't.
>>
>>31840992
Go watch a video of a pig getting slaughtered by cutting its throat if you're interested, doubt there's much difference in terms of how long it fights back and takes to bleed out.
>>
https://youtu.be/HuR99lWy6Sk It is very sexy.
>>
Fucked! Totally fucked!!!!
>>
As is my understanding, the one place you can hit and have a good CHANCE of killing instantly would be to bury it up to the hilt in the back of someone's skull, severing the connection to the spinal cord and taking out a small chunk of brain in the process.

Even then they might still flop about and make a ton of noise. RL isn't Hollywood.
>>
>>31842806
yes, that is the ONLY way to kill someone instantly actually.
If you destroy the brain stem or the brain itself it shuts down the brain instantly, other damage to the spinal cord would either result in instant paralysis and a quick death (nervous death below the shoulders will stop the heart from beating, and you will go unconscious in 5 to 10 seconds and die quicker)
It all comes down to the brain, either oxygen starvation due to blood loss or brain trauma
>>
>>31843001
let me clarify, you could technically survive losing some of your brain, as long as it's not a vital part of your physiological survival.
Like damage to the Medulla oblongata or brain stem since that controls breathing and blood pressure
>>
File: 20160723_010950.jpg (3MB, 4608x2592px) Image search: [Google]
20160723_010950.jpg
3MB, 4608x2592px
>>31843001
This. Severing the spinal cord would stop your heart beating instantly and lack of blood to your brain would kill you very quickly.

This video is a must in these threads.

Bear in mind to cut someone's neck from behind with a (very)sharp knife you would start by stabbing behind the windpipe then pull outwards Severing one or both of the major arteries. Like a minute at most of gurgling until your brain gives up from lack of oxygen.

Anyone have the British ww2 infograph of killing with a knife?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uDGHKyB3T_U
>>
File: phineas-gage-2-638.jpg (57KB, 638x359px) Image search: [Google]
phineas-gage-2-638.jpg
57KB, 638x359px
>>31843030
>>
>>31843083
>passed through cerebrum only
nigga he still had all his reptile brain and most of his mammal brain
>>
>>31843083
That didn't affect his lower brain functions (the ones you NEED to survive). That iron spike hit him up at an angle, affecting his higher brain functionality (like where personality and behavior is stored)
>>
>>31843083
>"some behavioral changes"
That's polite old-timey talk for he went fucking bonkers.
>>
File: hisss.jpg (109KB, 960x500px) Image search: [Google]
hisss.jpg
109KB, 960x500px
>>31843108
>reptile
NOOOOOO FUCKING LIZARD PEOPLE AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHH
>>
>>31841137

I know they'll still need medical attention and need it fast if they want to live. But aren't you supposed to apply pressure to neck wounds near the wound site to help slow the bleeding?
>>
>>31843124
(You)
>>
I heard the best way is to jam the knife into their left shoulder between the shoulder blade and the collar bone. About 3 inches down there is a major artery. I hears it should render someone unconscious quickly with heart failure in about 30 seconds or so.
>>
>>31843152
Yes, you want to apply enough pressure to slow the bleeding. You don't want to apply too much pressure to strangle them.

A neck wound is going to be messy and is going to bleed a lot - so the idea is to not let your /k/omrade's blood pressure drop.

>>31843198
The front of the shoulder muscle and downwards, behind the collar bone is where I believe you're talking about
>>
https://youtu.be/uDGHKyB3T_U

Go through
>>
What about cutting in the thigh area? Heard thats why leg shots can be fatal if you hit the artery or something?
>>
>>31840992
Ugh I hate the Chinese.
>>
>>31843124
Not entirely, we did a case study on him in my senior year psych class, he just became somewhat hostile to his friends and family, and frequently forgot things
>>
>>31843399
why does that image make you hate the chinese..?
>>
File: IMG_2163.png (1MB, 2000x2830px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2163.png
1MB, 2000x2830px
>>31843388
>>
>>31843388
Black Hawk Down taught me that the leg artery will retract back when severed making it hard to fix
>>
>>31843411
>Bullpups
>They stink
>Lack of hygiene
>Their inferior communist society
>Did I mention they stink?
>>
>>31843062
I love that video, dude is fucking stone cold
>>
>>31840992
If your artery is cut you go unconsious faster than you die, I think that part still takes 20-30 seconds though. Unless they straight up faint from the shock.
That's why you cut their vocal chords first, then deep into the middle of the neck and outwards then stab them in the lungs and heart for good measure. You'll have to hold them still this whole time too or they'll get a shot off, and you'll get at least some blood on you.
Either way TV throat slits are always retarded because they don't want to waste airtime on realism.
>>
>>31842806
that's pretty hard to do with anything less than an axe. You might be able to do it with a machete.
>>
>>31843388
It's a good one but the descending aorta will kill a person much faster. An accurate stab right through their centerline with a long enough blade is basically a death sentence. You can't get to it easily from behind though because it's right in front of the spinal column.
>>
>>31843477

A very underused spot for stabbing is the armpits. Hell, even a strike to the armpits is enough to fuck someone's day up.
>>
>>31842806
There's another instakill method actually. If your knife is long enough and thin enough, like a bayonet or at least 7 inches, you can ram it up a person's nose, up through a weak spot in their sinus right into the thalamus, which will put them into an instant, permanent coma. The bleeding in their brain or starvation will eventually kill them, but consciousness ceases right away.
Knocking someone's nose into their brain is bullshit but a long knife or ice pick does nicely
>>
>>31843592
That's because it's hard to get at, there's usually an arm in the way.
>>
How realistic was the knife stuff in this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAU33jYa-yE
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.